Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
It's okay, they're building up his record on Dark! :mjlol:

From a branding standpoint, it's gonna benefit him once he's due for a new contract. Those short matches have minimized his weaknesses. Mans got kids so it wouldn't surprise me if he took the money:manny:

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Ima still watch em for my favorites but morally they’re no better than WWE despite them painting themselves as such and that’s basically the truth.

Who really had them pegged as morally better than WWE lol their show is more exciting but outside of that all of these promotions are carny ran operations in one way or an other. Now if your talking talent that's were the difference is at.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Who really had them pegged as morally better than WWE lol their show is more exciting but outside of that all of these promotions are carny ran operations in one way or an other. Now if your talking talent that's were the difference is at.

They sold themselves as the moral superior during the initial AEW buildup, remember how big a deal they made it that they offered health insurance.....then it came out that was for office workers only? AEW has taken shots at WWE's morals every chance they've had and it's always been proven later that they are no better.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The misconstruing of what Swole said is the thing that has been annoying me the most about this.
Everyone is taking the diversity line and listing every non-white wrestler employed by AEW or has ever wrestled for a title/held a title as evidence that there is no diversity issue and it that isn't what Swole said.

She had specific criticisms about the company, the structural issues, the women not being spotlighted enough and there being no non-white people involved in high profile spots.

The women's division has been pretty diverse so AEW defenders pointing out all the Japanese, Latino or Nylas in that division is a weak response because there is no defense of how the male singles division looks like a fukking Republican Party convention.

There are zero non-white wrestlers who are mainstays in the upper levels of the men's singles scene. There are zero non-white wrestlers in championship contention for the world or TNT title. The top of the singles division for men is pretty much all white all the time.

Just looks at the 2021 PPVs...you should be cognizant of just how white things are by the posters for the shows your company is putting on PPV:

FKcRiXA.jpg

eabLypz.jpg

gq9WgOt.jpg

g2AurFK.jpg

Daps
The misconstruing of what Swole said is the thing that has been annoying me the most about this.
Everyone is taking the diversity line and listing every non-white wrestler employed by AEW or has ever wrestled for a title/held a title as evidence that there is no diversity issue and it that isn't what Swole said.

She had specific criticisms about the company, the structural issues, the women not being spotlighted enough and there being no non-white people involved in high profile spots.

The women's division has been pretty diverse so AEW defenders pointing out all the Japanese, Latino or Nylas in that division is a weak response because there is no defense of how the male singles division looks like a fukking Republican Party convention.

There are zero non-white wrestlers who are mainstays in the upper levels of the men's singles scene. There are zero non-white wrestlers in championship contention for the world or TNT title. The top of the singles division for men is pretty much all white all the time.

Just looks at the 2021 PPVs...you should be cognizant of just how white things are by the posters for the shows your company is putting on PPV:

FKcRiXA.jpg

eabLypz.jpg

gq9WgOt.jpg

g2AurFK.jpg
"But Jade is about to become a champion"

"But Scorpio Sky was the first tag champ"

"Shida was the longest Women's champ"

fukk that shyt.

No black man will touch the AEW title till The Elite, Punk, and Bryan hold it for years" and hide it behind "Well Hobbs has to build up his skills and hone his craft"
:camby:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
"But Jade is about to become a champion"

"But Scorpio Sky was the first tag champ"

"Shida was the longest Women's champ"

fukk that shyt.

No black man will touch the AEW title till The Elite, Punk, and Bryan hold it for years" and hide it behind "Well Hobbs has to build up his skills and hone his craft"
:camby:
Even that nonsense about how "Hobbs needs more time" or "Starks needs more time" because supposedly those two guys areon't ready yet to ho,d any gold but they sign Jay Lethal just to have him lose to Sammy Guevara and then never be heard from again.
Jay Lethal carried ROH on his back for years but I guess he isn't ready yet to hold an AEW secondary belt.:stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
They think corporate diversity with a ton of cac faces with 3-4 black/brown ones sprinkled in at the edges is fine and we should be happy with it:mjlol:
I don't disagree with you here. I'd like to point out that many black and brown people are OK with that definition as well as long as they're one of the 3-4 that are sprinkled.

And also AEW has always been by marks for white neckbeards. If someone black happens to be a fan then that's fine but it's not for us. The Stalingrad like defense of AEW around here has never made sense. Maybe it will die down now.
Do you think it's different from the WWE? I've never watched that and thought, "Yeah, this is for me as a black person in America." I'm lapsed mainly so I" d be curious to know if there was a fed that catered to black folks.

It's only a matter of time before people start petitioning for him to sell the team
If that worked the Knicks would have been sold by now.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I don't disagree with you here. I'd like to point out that many black and brown people are OK with that definition as well as long as they're one of the 3-4 that are sprinkled.

Do you think it's different from the WWE? I've never watched that and thought, "Yeah, this is for me as a black person in America." I'm lapsed mainly so I" d be curious to know if there was a fed that catered to black folks.

If that worked the Knicks would have been sold by now.

We aren't talking about the WWE right now though, are we?