Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Notice how they're trying to claim that Big swole went on a public platform and "attacked" Tony Kahn. Vince's old ass and his company gets aired out on what seems to be a daily basis by former employees who talk about their bad experiences within the company, No one ever claims that those people are attacking him and his company. But now it's suddenly an "attack" now that a black wrestler shares her bad experience with AEW and Tony khan.

It's always "self defense" if they say so.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I don't like the WWE but I do think it's smart of them for trying to break away from the neckbeard/indy wrestling and focus on catering to the mainstream audience.

The neckbeard/indy audience is :scust:by the mainstream already. Especially to advertisers because generally most neckbeards have very little to no money.

Eventually AEW is going to have to kick the neckbeard audience to the curb if they want to grow.

There is no mainstream audience though

WWE and AEW fans are essentially two sides of the same coin

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
nikkas was mad when DB wouldnt say bad things about WWE. Ima chill on watchign AEW for a bit. If they get Keith Lee, I might check back in. But like they issues Swole said have been voiced by fans long before she said it. Disappointed to see MJF retweeted the Khan tweet too.

Ima still watch em for my favorites but morally they’re no better than WWE despite them painting themselves as such and that’s basically the truth.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The defense metric is out
the first three AEW womens champions weren’t white. One half of the first AEW tag champs was African American. The current AEW tag champions are Hispanic. 2 of the last 3 TNT champions were not white. Jade Cargill is about to be in the finals of the TBS championship. Thunder Rosa was the winner of the most significant non male main event in Dynamite History.
How is diversity not being represented and used on the AEW roster in a meaningful way again?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't get why some of these Black wrestlers felt the need to play defense for him. It all seems so coordinated and like they're trying to invalidate her concerns. The non-Black "POC" (I hate this fukking term) didn't have to say anything, either. But again, this seems coordinated.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terribly bad look by TK for sure, he needs to put his phone down sometimes.

There is no doubt when you look at the two rosters WWE has way more Black wrestlers in top positions. Anyone who say otherwise is foolish.

Now, I'm a cynic so I don't think it's because Vince or Bruce or even HHH care about representation but rather because they are smart enough to know there is $ on the table.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Tony Khan doing everything is not good for AEW nor himself. Ironically he needs another Khan (Nick) to get his sloppy shop in order. I don't hate TK but it's obvious he doesn't take this entire venture seriously enough. He takes certain aspects seriously for a certain amount of time then his attention his drawn elsewhere. He needs a PR team, BAD. Owners communicating directly with the public isn't charming if they come off as a tone def douche. Imagine Vince McMahon unfiltered on Twitter. Not good, right? That's why he's not on there.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
What a lot of fans fail to realize that this isn't the first time someone called AEW/TK out on having an representation/diversity issue (for black people to be more exact), and we seen from before that TK can't handle constructive criticism when handed to him, but for other wrestlers in the company to tag along and retweet what TK tweeted is mad low, but can't be surprise about that as that industry will always have those who are two face.

All and all, Big Swole wasn't wrong for what she said at all and made very good points, but time and time again, when an black person speaks their mind and tells the truth about something, it's always results to discrediting the person every time. For someone like Tony Khan who loves to talk about how much he have studied the industry, he really showed how ignorant he is to not know that the industry always cater to all races/ethnicities in some shape and form, just like someone posted in this thread.