Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
"But Jade is about to become a champion"

"But Scorpio Sky was the first tag champ"

"Shida was the longest Women's champ"

fukk that shyt.

No black man will touch the AEW title till The Elite, Punk, and Bryan hold it for years" and hide it behind "Well Hobbs has to build up his skills and hone his craft"
:camby:

I think Starks was getting there before he broke his neck, and I think that affected Hobbs too. Starks is the only black wrestler they have currently that id elevate, and his elevation would elevate Hobbs by proxy. They don’t have any other black wrestlers that could sell PPVs as the main event. Dante Martin needs 4-5 years. Maybe Lee Moriarty too but I’ll have to see him in a storyline first. They’ll probably have to poach from WWE. Big E Woods and Montez Ford are available in 2 years and all 3 are significantly better options than what’s on AEW roster.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
It's amusing to me how black talent is "Never ready." Even if you poll black fans...the talent "isn't ready yet." Meanwhile, your favorite caucasian wrestler was pushed on prime time television whilst they developed and likely got significant television time before they were ever remotely close to a finished product. It's mindnlowing to me how this business in particular has gaslighted black wrestling fans into accepting the status quo. Everything has to be perfect for a black man or woman to receive a substantial push. Everything needs justification. Meanwhile, your favorite white wrassler was just given the opportunity to seize the brass ring.

"Let's just see what she/he can do. " :mjgrin:

Suckers.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
The misconstruing of what Swole said is the thing that has been annoying me the most about this.
Everyone is taking the diversity line and listing every non-white wrestler employed by AEW or has ever wrestled for a title/held a title as evidence that there is no diversity issue and it that isn't what Swole said.

She had specific criticisms about the company, the structural issues, the women not being spotlighted enough and there being no non-white people involved in high profile spots.

The women's division has been pretty diverse so AEW defenders pointing out all the Japanese, Latino or Nylas in that division is a weak response because there is no defense of how the male singles division looks like a fukking Republican Party convention.

There are zero non-white wrestlers who are mainstays in the upper levels of the men's singles scene. There are zero non-white wrestlers in championship contention for the world or TNT title. The top of the singles division for men is pretty much all white all the time.

Just looks at the 2021 PPVs...you should be cognizant of just how white things are by the posters for the shows your company is putting on PPV:

FKcRiXA.jpg

eabLypz.jpg

gq9WgOt.jpg

g2AurFK.jpg
when you have to sneak mark henry(who doesnt even wrestle) and jade(who wasnt even booked for most of these events) into your graphics to make it look more diverse that says everything

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
AEW neckbeards: Tony Khan is the booker of the year!
also AEW neckbeards: No black talent are ready on a main event level yet, maybe in 3-4 years!

hmmm....you'd think the "booker of the year" could come up with storylines/matches that could quickly elevate someone and get the crowd behind them :jbhmm:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Meltzer and the other wrestling journalists not weighing in yet is petty telling, they haven't found a way to spin this in Tony's favor.
Does everyone really need to comment? Why care so much about what Mark Meltzer or any Twitter beard has to say? :dwillhuh:

It’ll just make him look like a dumbass if he tried spinning this. :heh: