Swizz Beats in his feelings after barely making the top 20 NYC producers of all time

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Stop it 5

New York shyt
WW 3
Down Bottom
Echo

And thats just a small sample. You nikkas are tripping
You named 5 beats bro lol.

I said MOST, not all of his beats were carried by the person on it. Most of those beats not fire as instrumentals

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
All for the Love by Jadakiss. Is Jada best solo song imo produced by Swizz

like someone said earlier, Swizz sounds GREAT when he SAMPLES! here's another example, if i didn't tell you Swizz produced this, you'd be like :ohhh:
thinking this is a real decent beat

and here's another sleeper from Swizz, again when he samples, sh**tttt, he sounds like a top 10 producer

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You named 5 beats bro lol.

I said MOST, not all of his beats were carried by the person on it. Most of those beats not fire as instrumentals

Breh, Swizz is a producer where the beat >>>>> the song in most cases. "Banned From TV" was a Rap City staple. Ya'll be saying anything on here.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Try to imagine Holiday without Styles or Jigga That nikka without Jay :huhldup:

Exactly.

They used to have the instrumental of "Jigga My N*gga" on one of those J. Armz instrumental tapes. Without Hov on that, that damn beat would put you to sleep!

All of Swizz's best beats dropped within his first couple of months of working. Which is crazy. After that, he fell off badly.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Breh, Swizz is a producer where the beat >>>>> the song in most cases. "Banned From TV" was a Rap City staple. Ya'll be saying anything on here.
Again, y'all be naming 1 beat and thinking y'all making a point lol.

The more times y'all list 1 beat or 5 beat when a nikka got thousands of beats, is proving the point.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, y'all be naming 1 beat and thinking y'all making a point lol.

The more times y'all list 1 beat or 5 beat when a nikka got thousands of beats, is proving the point.

No, we're naming beats that everybody knows. The ones that are classic.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No, we're naming beats that everybody knows. The ones that are classic.
I'm not saying the nikka is talentless, I'm saying most of his beats are not great on their own. They sound great over great rappers rapping great on them most of them.

Every producer with a name gonna have a few dope beats here and there but generally speaking he's on the low end in terms of the quality of beats imo. If you disagree, that's cool too.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Exactly.

They used to have the instrumental of "Jigga My N*gga" on one of those J. Armz instrumental tapes. Without Hov on that, that damn beat would put you to sleep!

All of Swizz's best beats dropped within his first couple of months of working. Which is crazy. After that, he fell off badly.
This. NOBODY is trying to hear a best of Swiss instrumentral mix.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
This. NOBODY is trying to hear a best of Swiss instrumentral mix.

That sh*t would be nauseating.

People keep naming the same 2-3 beats bro did out of the 947 he's sold because his best sh*t was all done when he first came out. Dude peaked in his first 5 weeks as a producer, lol. But he never got better. He's literally the only producer like that.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying the nikka is talentless, I'm saying
most of his beats are not great on their own. They sound great over great rappers rapping great on them most of them.

Every producer with a name gonna have a few dope beats here and there but generally speaking he's on the low end in terms of the quality of beats imo. If you disagree, that's cool too.

Breh, all of the producers we love are what they are because of the MC's who spit over their beats. It would be like discrediting Premo by saying nobody would hold him in high regard if Biggie, Jay, and Nas hadn't spit over his beats. I've seen people actually try and make that case. We know that the work he did for Nas Jay Z, Biggie, etc. is a huge reason why he's held in high regard because that's the work people are most familiar with.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
Breh, all of the producers we love are what they are because of the MC's who spit over their beats. It would be like discrediting Premo by saying nobody would hold him in high regard if Biggie, Jay, and Nas hadn't spit over his beats. I've seen people actually try and make that case. We know that the work he did for Nas Jay Z, Biggie, etc. is a huge reason why he's held in high regard because that's the work people are most familiar with.

Producing a whole album for Group Home did more for Premier than any other producer. It solidified him that he in FACT was THAT DOPE of a PRODUCER and could make ANYONE sound nice on his beats. Imagine if some of those beats would've gone to Nas, Biggie, Jay, Meth etc? :ohhh:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The difference is, Primo, Pete Rock, Large Professor, etc.. have a LOT of beats that aren't carried by rappers. They are just incredible beats as instrumentals.

He damn near got a classic album out of Group Home, two of the worst MCs known to man, simply because his beats were so fire on that album it was impossible to ruin, even with below average rapping.

My favorite Pete Rock albums isn't even with CL Smooth, it's with INI & Deda (and let's just say they are not the best rappers in the world either), and it's all because the production on that album is some of the best I ever heard.

Swizz not like that. Swizz beats on there own, mostly (with some exceptions, of course) are just not good.