Swizz Beats in his feelings after barely making the top 20 NYC producers of all time

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps

This >>>>> your favorite producer

Suckas to the side, I know you hate my 98

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Swizz not a slouch at all. Have people forgot his Vs. with Just Blaze already? Swizz more than held his own.

Yea that battle was dope AF.

Just blaze is nice 2.

He's a legit DJ he use to gig a lot and could rock.

I wonder what peoples opinions are on just blaze considering how some people feel about Swizz.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
That’s not the only criteria that goes into a greatest producer list

Bomb Squad fizzled out in the early 90s

Larry smith didn’t make it into the 90s

Marley marl fizzled out in the late 90s (most impressive run out of all 3)

To have them be top 3 is retardation and only something an old man who thinks all music after 1996 sucks would say
but at the same time, they produced more CLASSIC ALBUMS than guys that have been around from the year 2000 to present doing a few hot tracks per year here and there. Larry Smith has no less than 5 CLASSIC ALBUMS. Whodini's 2nd and 3rd album, Run DMC's first 2 albums, and Kurtis Blow's debut. The Bomb squad has SIX classic albums. PE's first 3 albums, Great Adventures of Slick Rick, Amerika's most wanted, and Terminator X debut. Those are the undeniable classics and some very good albums like Son of Bazerk. As for Marley, well, I don't even feel like typing all of the albums he carried. The point is that these guys were making entire albums and that plays a part into "fizzling out". From the 90s on through the 2000s, producers wre producing 4 or 5 joints a year and chilling making bank. You guys don't understand the process of what it took to do one goddamn song in the 80s and 90s recording to tape. The process would take days and sometimes weeks. There was no emailing tracks for guest appearances. You either flew into town and recorded it or in some cases like Jay Z, the reels were fedexed for collaborations. So we got to respect the architects that didn't have the luxury of doing 15-20 beats a day on a laptop clicking and dragging. I guarantee you if I put an SP 1200 in front of these beatmakers today and locked them in a room for 3 days, 95% of them couldn't make a single beat on it.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Yea Dame Grease should be on this, I agree.

Is Darrell “Digga” Branch aka Six Figga Digga from NY? If so he should be here too. These beats are too good/big to not be mentioned

This was the hardest song on GRODT and has been remixed to infinity lately

Actually all the Cam songs he did. Him and Dame Grease were frequent Cam'ron collaborators. Sucks that neither are on here.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Them lists are trash. They did a top 100 NY rappers list and completely forgot rappers like Kool Keith, while giving a spot for frauds like that wannabe-Ghostface biting ass Action Bronson
full
walking around the club with no shoes on, big ass beard that I might set that shyt on fire one day.

Like ghost did that cluck face fiend beard on rhe wu series.

Ill.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Most of Swizz' beats was carried by the person rapping on it

To be fair tho.

Swiss records that are bangers.
Also double as definitive records.
in Swizz and that artist discography.

It has been a while.

So I am have no idea where mek j cards are To reference this.
Yet if I remember right.

Swiss did eve best song, Jada kiss of death production off the rr volume one song, Nas beat song in the 2000's in salute me. Arguably the next most definitive jayz song and the definitive jayz rocafella defjam era song in jigga my nikka. Plus followed it up with girl's best friend which is one of Jay best records in decline.

The original touch it is a swizz beat too tho.

Off memory. Being fair to swizz. I still remember what I feel is his best work.

That being objective.

It is kinda hard to find similar definitive work from that artist.

From another producer that made a similar record. That killed or was a definitive moment for that artist like awizz made. Even if I find him to be a styles morph or needing help.

Swiss did actually get his name. On definitive work that holds up. Even if most critics loathe his style and execution as a producer. Plus absolutely have extreme distaste for Swizz as a recording artist as well.

Trying to be objective.

Swizz does have those records like how track masters made ill street blues for Kool g rap.
Yet oddly are left out of the whole give sellout producers props thing that these list are about.

Art Barr