Swizz Beats in his feelings after barely making the top 20 NYC producers of all time

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Why is Larry Smith, bomb squad and marley marl not top three?
This list was made by some fake internet fanboys and toys from the hiphopinfinity.com.

Art Barr

Because they got surpassed. Get over it old man

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
it's kind of hard to surpass producers that were creating entire classic albums for producers doing 2 or 3 tracks at the most on albums here and there. There are a lot of guys I like the past 20 years that are dope, but they've never carried the production on an album that was classic. And when I say "carry", I'm talking about roughly 45-50% of the songs on the album.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Their top three never created in larger volume and output of classics to what Larry, bomb squad and marley did.
Plus,... primo is not from nyc.

So primo is disqualified.
Where they explained that in the beginning slide. To proceed to ignore. their own criteria for the post.
One if my favorite records ever is rhe shut em Down remix. Yet in that Pete rock never rocked shyt like larry,tha squad or marley frfr.

Plus his choice for emceees was always inferior. As Pete rock is one of those producer wack rappers. Who tries to get inferior talent on his shyt. So he can spit his weak ass verses. When someone needed to tell him to stfu. While ruining records trying to rap.

Art Barr

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
it's kind of hard to surpass producers that were creating entire classic albums for producers doing 2 or 3 tracks at the most on albums here and there. There are a lot of guys I like the past 20 years that are dope, but they've never carried the production on an album that was classic. And when I say "carry", I'm talking about roughly 45-50% of the songs on the album.

That’s not the only criteria that goes into a greatest producer list

Bomb Squad fizzled out in the early 90s

Larry smith didn’t make it into the 90s

Marley marl fizzled out in the late 90s (most impressive run out of all 3)

To have them be top 3 is retardation and only something an old man who thinks all music after 1996 sucks would say

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Why is Larry Smith, bomb squad and marley marl not top three?
This list was made by some fake internet fanboys and toys from the hiphopinfinity.com.

Art Barr
Them lists are trash. They did a top 100 NY rappers list and completely forgot rappers like Kool Keith, while giving a spot for frauds like that wannabe-Ghostface biting ass Action Bronson
full
walking around the club with no shoes on, big ass beard that I might set that shyt on fire one day.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I'm not a fan of Swizz Beatz sound, nor that he vine swung to Alicia Keys months after separating from his wife. But hey, he was innovative. I like On to the next one's production and he's Prolly a millionaire. So all the best.

I prefer Large Professor, Premier, Necro, and Buckwild. Also Ced Gee.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Not true.

Pete Rock has the soundtrack for an entire era of def comedy jam.
As well as doubling as the best remix in hiphop history.

I do not agree with him being ranked number one here at all.

Art Barr

song is one of the GOATs. ive made threads on it.

He didn't produce that.

He did this remix.

the version that isn't a banger.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pete stock ahead of Preem and RZA?

RZA produced several iconic and classic albums by himself. His reign on top was short, but he did more in a five year span than most producers accomplish in a lifetime.

Bomb Squad influence alone should have them higher on the list.

As I type this response I realize these lists are clickbait bullshyt, but still. :francis:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
song is one of the GOATs. ive made threads on it.

He didn't produce that.

He did this remix.

the version that isn't a banger.

I posted the wrong link.

Good catch.

fukk'n actual mistake post.
I am afforded a few every now and then.
Not a habit.

Art Barr

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Swizz Beatz changed NY production though. You can't take that away from him. Swizz was a part of the Timbaland, Neptunes, and Mannie Fresh wave that changed Hip Hop production. When Nore dropped his solo debut, it sonically showed where NY Hip Hop was going. Same goes for Jay's Vol. 2 and Vol. 3.
Yeah...for the worse

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
the bomb squad only being listed as producing for PE is kinda corny

they were behind a lot of that new jack swing sound for better or for worse... bel biv devoe poison for one of countless examples