Swizz Beats in his feelings after barely making the top 20 NYC producers of all time

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Swizz Beatz changed NY production though. You can't take that away from him. Swizz was a part of the Timbaland, Neptunes, and Mannie Fresh wave that changed Hip Hop production. When Nore dropped his solo debut, it sonically showed where NY Hip Hop was going. Same goes for Jay's Vol. 2 and Vol. 3.

Deep down Swizz knew that sampling was gonna become inexpensive and that rap budgets were gonna eventually decrease..

I like those Casio Beats from him either way.

He indirectly birthed a copycat who went on to do great things with Jay-Z(Just Blaze)

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Are you crazy? I love Pete rock and he from the 914 but he does not have one CERTIFIED banger.

incredible producer who crafted some great albums for sure. but he does not have one STAPLE im gonna shut shyt down record you can throw on in NY.
You smoking on that glass dikk.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
LMAO

And to sell you the beat he's gon' film himself breaking his neck and wave his hands to it like that's the illest beat we ever heard. That's basically how he won the just blaze versuz, by being animated and because he had great guest rappers on the track but the actual production was trash

I was dying at the post because that shyt sound like a beat on the lunch table.. lol

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He made 1 beat, 25 thousand ways. 0 versatility :manny:

It was still amazing at the time though in the Double R heyday :blessed:

Boogs = kanye's bff was how swizz made those beats.
Boogs = My best friend cousin
Boogs = My play sister ex husband
After traxster. Boogs is how chicsgo became a production hub culturally in actual hiphop. Yet credit is given to the nikkaz who flaug.

art barr

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Are you crazy? I love Pete rock and he from the 914 but he does not have one CERTIFIED banger.

incredible producer who crafted some great albums for sure. but he does not have one STAPLE im gonna shut shyt down record you can throw on in NY.

Not true.

Pete Rock has the soundtrack for an entire era of def comedy jam.
As well as doubling as the best remix in hiphop history.

I do not agree with him being ranked number one here at all.

Art Barr