Swizz Beats in his feelings after barely making the top 20 NYC producers of all time

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
You're bugging 2. He has a lot more classic records that ring off 2 this day ahead of more than a handful of people on that list.

He was a critical part of a MONSTER movement in NYC.
He was carried by THE HUGE rappers he worked with

Who listen to Swizzbeat instrumentals? :pachaha:
I don't have time for all that, but Swizz has NOTHING in the realm of:

There are level to this shyt:wow:

Swizz never came close to these realms

:wow:

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
75% of Swizz production sounds like he just dragged his hands over the keyboard. He's damn lucky he got artists like Jay, X, Jada and nem to rap over some of the trash he made.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
75% of Swizz production sounds like he just dragged his hands over the keyboard. He's damn lucky he got artists like Jay, X, Jada and nem to rap over some of the trash he made.
Right place, right time, right associations

baltimore

Pro
Daps
list is trash but im glad pete rock getting the recognition his discography crazy

all for these producers rankings tho, by region, time frame, with a certain artist, etc.

swizz beats not being one of your favs i get but wonder when did the coli consensus flip like this.. no arguments just mad fukk swizz posts lol. you could have the same gripes with half this list

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
25 years ago, all of these songs were in rotation heavily:

Down Bottom
Jigga My nikka
Scenario 2000
What Ya'll Want
Gotta Man

^^^ Outside of "Jigga My nikka" and "Scenario 2000" there were no elite MC's on these joints.

I hated "Girl's Best Friend", but that one was big too. Outside of maybe the Eve joints, the rest still hold up 25 years later.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Swizz not a slouch at all. Have people forgot his Vs. with Just Blaze already? Swizz more than held his own.

A lot of that was working the room and charisma

Just should absolutely mop the floor with him in terms of production quality, but he's a nerd and did weird remixes to his beats. Swizz is extremely confident and boisterous in that type of environment and had his own crew with him

People were losing their minds over the X, Jay, Nas record he previewed and that came out like a wet fart when it actually released