Suspended without pay by HR for "homophobic like comments"

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
C'mon breh, there are certain things you don't say at work, and "no homo" is near the top of the list. :snoop:

Op fukked up...at the job the only thing u talk about is sports or music

Pretty much. At work you need to stay FAR away from any convo involving politics, race, or religion. There is literally nothing good that can come of it.

I usually stick to talking about sports and the weather.

Drake is God

Sweeterman
Daps
Reppin
Calabasas
This.

You're at work to make bread, not friends. I refuse to fraternize with anyone where I work with just because you can't trust anyone and people stay in that passive aggressive snitch shyt.

:mjlol: how about just stop talking to your co-workers about anything non-work related..yes, even the most mundane shyt like switching drinks.

horrible advice.

if you don't socialize with co-workers/go to happy hour and pretend to have interest and want to get to know them like knowing their kids names, pet names, favorite hobby etc..) there will be distrust and when you fukk up they'll use that as an excuse.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
horrible advice.

if you don't socialize with co-workers/go to happy hour and pretend to have interest and want to get to know them like knowing their kids names, pet names, favorite hobby etc..) there will be distrust and when you fukk up they'll use that as an excuse.
Nah, what you mean is to don't be completely anti social, like say hi to ppl, small talk here and there, yeah.

As far as what you mentioned however, that is def horrible advice because you will be giving ppl ammo and workplace gossip to use against you. While you're trying to be all friendly with everyone, just know that any of your business you tell them is def going around, and they are talking about you behind your back, you just have no idea :sas2::ddash: Let ppl smile in your face and give you a false sense of security brehs.

Last edited:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
horrible advice.

:childplease: you can be nice, a team player and still not engage in any nonsense conversation with your coworkers.
The only thing my co workers and manager knows about me is that I'm good at what I do. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Brehs tell me if I was wrong?!?!? So we had a team meeting and had a pizza party and essentially it was to discuss the next quarter and our objectives as a team and workforce and changes. Well we had coke bottles as well and it was the coke bottles with share a coke with (insert name) so I'm grabbing my coke and pizza and I'm at the end of the line and there's 3 cokes left and all of them had male names on it so I was like :dame: off the rip but I was thirsty so I grabbed one. Sat down to an older lady that I never really spoke to and I noticed hers had a female name on it so I asked her if she wanted to switch and she was like why? It's the same drink and my dumbass goes no homo but I can't drink this, it has Todd on it. By my surprise she agreed to switch and I thought nothing of it until I got a lync message from my care leader who's like my supervisor to meet with her. I thought it was a coaching session until I spotted HR and I was like :patrice:. I sit down and long story short HR asks me if I said "no homo" and I say of course not:jawalrus: and they said they have reason to believe I made those comments and that my workforce does not discriminate and my comments are grounds of termination but since they don't have proof, I would be awarded 1 strike and suspended 2 days without pay. :what:. Should I contact my local news stations and my lawyers brehs? @Malta @houston911 @ikbm @Broke Wave @tremonthustler1 @charmander
to answer the question

they have zero proof... a lawsuit could easily be won.. your word vs that lady, plus you lost money and embarassement and blah blah blah

BUT the time and cost of lawyer... and the fact you'd be lucky to get 1000 for it... says shut up and take it like a man

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brehs tell me if I was wrong?!?!? So we had a team meeting and had a pizza party and essentially it was to discuss the next quarter and our objectives as a team and workforce and changes. Well we had coke bottles as well and it was the coke bottles with share a coke with (insert name) so I'm grabbing my coke and pizza and I'm at the end of the line and there's 3 cokes left and all of them had male names on it so I was like :dame: off the rip but I was thirsty so I grabbed one. Sat down to an older lady that I never really spoke to and I noticed hers had a female name on it so I asked her if she wanted to switch and she was like why? It's the same drink and my dumbass goes no homo but I can't drink this, it has Todd on it. By my surprise she agreed to switch and I thought nothing of it until I got a lync message from my care leader who's like my supervisor to meet with her. I thought it was a coaching session until I spotted HR and I was like :patrice:. I sit down and long story short HR asks me if I said "no homo" and I say of course not:jawalrus: and they said they have reason to believe I made those comments and that my workforce does not discriminate and my comments are grounds of termination but since they don't have proof, I would be awarded 1 strike and suspended 2 days without pay. :what:. Should I contact my local news stations and my lawyers brehs? @Malta @houston911 @ikbm @Broke Wave @tremonthustler1 @charmander
hr is reading this right now dawgie

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
This is by far the most asinine battle you could ever be a part of. You should have just had the damn soda. Don't go to the news because you'll just embarrass yourself even further.

On second thought, go ahead and contact them. :lolbron:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Never get too relaxed around coworkers, no matter how cool they may seem. They'll smile in your face and talk to HR behind your back.

You got a warning and a couple of days of missed work and no pay for that. Accept that as a fairly cheap lesson and keep it moving. The only thing bringing news stations or lawyers into this will do is get you blacklisted from jobs in the surrounding area and have the current staff ready to dismiss you at the nearest opportunity or make your workdays miserable.