Suspended without pay by HR for "homophobic like comments"

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got an email from HR and they asked me to sign it and bring it in tomorrow. Im contacting my lawyer.

1. Speak to your lawyer and ask his advice. Consider whether you want to go forward with litigation or just acquiesce to your employer. Two days without pay isn't necessarily a death sentence. Use your discretion.
2. Start looking for a new job anyway as depending on the environment (only you know what this is), you might have already lost your job or window for promotion. Sometimes though a strike is just a strike. Other times it's a guillotine before the final blow. Use your discretion.
3. Learn from this mistake going forward and never mention anything overtly controversial or political at work. Use your discretion.
4. Don't admit to anything in a corporate environment and pass along blame to others whenever possible.

Last edited:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Brehs tell me if I was wrong?!?!? So we had a team meeting and had a pizza party and essentially it was to discuss the next quarter and our objectives as a team and workforce and changes. Well we had coke bottles as well and it was the coke bottles with share a coke with (insert name) so I'm grabbing my coke and pizza and I'm at the end of the line and there's 3 cokes left and all of them had male names on it so I was like :dame: off the rip but I was thirsty so I grabbed one. Sat down to an older lady that I never really spoke to and I noticed hers had a female name on it so I asked her if she wanted to switch and she was like why? It's the same drink and my dumbass goes no homo but I can't drink this, it has Todd on it. By my surprise she agreed to switch and I thought nothing of it until I got a lync message from my care leader who's like my supervisor to meet with her. I thought it was a coaching session until I spotted HR and I was like :patrice:. I sit down and long story short HR asks me if I said "no homo" and I say of course not:jawalrus: and they said they have reason to believe I made those comments and that my workforce does not discriminate and my comments are grounds of termination but since they don't have proof, I would be awarded 1 strike and suspended 2 days without pay. :what:. Should I contact my local news stations and my lawyers brehs? @Malta @houston911 @ikbm @Broke Wave @tremonthustler1 @charmander

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs tell me if I was wrong?!?!? So we had a team meeting and had a pizza party and essentially it was to discuss the next quarter and our objectives as a team and workforce and changes. Well we had coke bottles as well and it was the coke bottles with share a coke with (insert name) so I'm grabbing my coke and pizza and I'm at the end of the line and there's 3 cokes left and all of them had male names on it so I was like :dame: off the rip but I was thirsty so I grabbed one. Sat down to an older lady that I never really spoke to and I noticed hers had a female name on it so I asked her if she wanted to switch and she was like why? It's the same drink and my dumbass goes no homo but I can't drink this, it has Todd on it. By my surprise she agreed to switch and I thought nothing of it until I got a lync message from my care leader who's like my supervisor to meet with her. I thought it was a coaching session until I spotted HR and I was like :patrice:. I sit down and long story short HR asks me if I said "no homo" and I say of course not:jawalrus: and they said they have reason to believe I made those comments and that my workforce does not discriminate and my comments are grounds of termination but since they don't have proof, I would be awarded 1 strike and suspended 2 days without pay. :what:. Should I contact my local news stations and my lawyers brehs? @Malta @houston911 @ikbm @Broke Wave @tremonthustler1 @charmander

i see you still taking L's....not in college but now out in corporate america....

breh...you supposed to be an adult. grown men dont go around saying 'no homo'...especially in the work place....grow up....

and now you trying to play victim :comeon:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i see you still taking L's....not in college but now out in corporate america....

breh...you supposed to be an adult. grown men dont go around saying 'no homo'...especially in the work place....grow up....

and now you trying to play victim :comeon:
I am the victim. Because I said no homo by accident, I'm penalized? If I said no hetero, Nothing would happen

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
HOW IS "NO HOMO" EVEN A HOMOPHOBIC TERM? IT'S JUST PROCLAIMING THAT YOURE NOT GAY...THAT IS, OF COURSE, UNLESS THEY CONSIDER BEIN GAY A BAD THING. BUT U NEVER SAID IT IN A NEGATIVE SENSE. THATS BS.