Survival of the Fittest: Official 2014 New York Giants Season Thread

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
We are getting a top 5 pick...trade down and get a Lb, S, OL somebody has to have that Steve Rogers heart...shyt is disgusting

Obj tho them hands :wow:

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
  1. the bad -im officially done w/ coughlin. he gotta go. I know we have a gang of injuries, but when I heard that story about him making players write what they could improve and then see him double dip in piss poor coaching, he was flat top status to me.

the fleener catch was debateable, but the players were looking for him to throw the flag and his indecisiveness resulted in them being out of position and give up the touchdown. he had the damn nerve to throw it after snap. if for no other reason, you throw it to save a td to a 3-point game at that point.

then the no flag, not even a consideration after everyone in the stadium saw luck's knee down. the game is still within reach...next play, td...even if you want to blame it on the coaches in the booth, that's an extension of you. off a bye week, at home, the communication should have been flawless. somebody give him a pen and a pad, and a flattop.

2. Rest of the season is an audition for Rueben. I know they'll prolly keep him because cruz will be a question mark coming off surgery, but that stat they threw up last night about 8 interceptions eli threw last year were to rueb. made me realize, especially watching him last night, he runs the wrong routes all the time. that's just dedication and focus. not knowing the playbook 2 years in says a lot about a player.

3. parker might be the worst giants receiver, ever. he dropped like 4 passes in a row. id rather line up and go to war w/ ray parker jr. throw the rook who showed out in preseason in there, next week.

4. how many years have we needed an athletic linebacker? jacquan is horrible in coverage. any team that doesnt spread the field and just throw to their te over the middle are idiots. its like a 75% success rate week in and week out.

5. defensive-offensive line, suck, in that order. no pass rush, no push for the running game. youre not winning games in the L with that combination.

6. the good -obviously odb. he's a star. woulda loved to see him build w/ cruz in that slot...just keep him healthy.

7. ayers jr. is the only guy on that defense that was balls to the wall, last night. hope he continues to build

8. despite all the injuries, the secondary, for the most part played decent. luck threw a gazillion times and the offense/special teams left the colts w/ the ball at midfield numerous times and they held more than they should've. don't expect to see that continue, but i'll give credit where its due.

9. whatever change they hopefully make I hope they don't change the offense. I think eli is making good reads. these receivers just need to grow up. despite all their misgivings, the int's are down as are the opportunities. just gotta get more reliable talent.

10. cowher is rested. :yeshrug:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
damn i was watching the game hoping for a big showing from ruben randle. ya receivers were looking like jets receivers out there. even worse only because we would have more dropped passes if geno could actually get it to them.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
  1. the bad -im officially done w/ coughlin. he gotta go. I know we have a gang of injuries, but when I heard that story about him making players write what they could improve and then see him double dip in piss poor coaching, he was flat top status to me.

the fleener catch was debateable, but the players were looking for him to throw the flag and his indecisiveness resulted in them being out of position and give up the touchdown. he had the damn nerve to throw it after snap. if for no other reason, you throw it to save a td to a 3-point game at that point.

then the no flag, not even a consideration after everyone in the stadium saw luck's knee down. the game is still within reach...next play, td...even if you want to blame it on the coaches in the booth, that's an extension of you. off a bye week, at home, the communication should have been flawless. somebody give him a pen and a pad, and a flattop.

2. Rest of the season is an audition for Rueben. I know they'll prolly keep him because cruz will be a question mark coming off surgery, but that stat they threw up last night about 8 interceptions eli threw last year were to rueb. made me realize, especially watching him last night, he runs the wrong routes all the time. that's just dedication and focus. not knowing the playbook 2 years in says a lot about a player.

3. parker might be the worst giants receiver, ever. he dropped like 4 passes in a row. id rather line up and go to war w/ ray parker jr. throw the rook who showed out in preseason in there, next week.

4. how many years have we needed an athletic linebacker? jacquan is horrible in coverage. any team that doesnt spread the field and just throw to their te over the middle are idiots. its like a 75% success rate week in and week out.

5. defensive-offensive line, suck, in that order. no pass rush, no push for the running game. youre not winning games in the L with that combination.

6. the good -obviously odb. he's a star. woulda loved to see him build w/ cruz in that slot...just keep him healthy.

7. ayers jr. is the only guy on that defense that was balls to the wall, last night. hope he continues to build

8. despite all the injuries, the secondary, for the most part played decent. luck threw a gazillion times and the offense/special teams left the colts w/ the ball at midfield numerous times and they held more than they should've. don't expect to see that continue, but i'll give credit where its due.

9. whatever change they hopefully make I hope they don't change the offense. I think eli is making good reads. these receivers just need to grow up. despite all their misgivings, the int's are down as are the opportunities. just gotta get more reliable talent.

10. cowher is rested. :yeshrug:
:ohlawd: you hit it all on the head, my bro.

- :russ: @ Coughlin not having pockets, and that being the reason why he has the challenge flag in his fukking sock...which is why he threw it too late...:mjcry:

- randle has to be the most frustrating WR i've seen in this uniform in a long time. we need a gif of that idiot patting his chest saying "my bad, my bad" on that drop...no kidding, you fukking dikkhead.

- parker is preseason status...he was SHOOK TO DEATH of contact on a couple of those drops. keep cory washington in there already to audition for next year, please.

- i've said it since week 1 and really since last year...j. williams is AWFUL in coverage. he's supposed to be "the LB with speed" too...FUKK!

- steve weatherford has been hurt since week 1 with the ankle, and we're gonna need him for the rest of the year because our offense won't do shyt more than half the time.

- :heh: @ the offense not scoring a TD on the first drive in the last 19 games...:damn:

- cowher ain't all that, man...plus i think he's comfy where he's at. perry fewell & quinn (the special teams coordinator) are gone if coughlin is gone, too.

Last edited: