Survival of the Fittest: Official 2014 New York Giants Season Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously we know the O-Line needs to be addressed in the offseason, but its also time for Reese and co to finally acknowledge that this D-Line ain't shyt anymore.

JPP is a shell of his old self, Kiwi just straight up sucks, and the interior guys are average at best since it seems like every time we get a nice DT we lose him to free agency.

Linebacker is always an issue and I'm guessing will be until the end of time as we seem to want nothing to do with making a big move for LBs. We've had worse groups of LBs in the past decade but it can still be better and of course Beason can't stay on the field like 80% of our secondary.

This current crop of guys are still TBD, but next draft is gonna be huge for us again especially if we wind up under .500 again this season which based on our schedule looks likely.
Jpp isn't a shell to me (and I've been hard on him before ) I think it's the other end being a nonentity , it seems like Moore helps out more than kiwi who does absolutely nothing

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
While JPP has been better this season, he still has work to do to get back to where he was in 2011. He was damn near unblockable, teams couldn't run the ball to his side, and he made 2-3 plays a game that blew my mind from a athletic standpoint.

He is at least trending in the right direction unlike Kiwi who looks like he couldn't get through a JV line.

So while I said a shell of his old self, I'm saying that because in 2011-2012 he was one of the best defenders in the league. He's still really good but he's not on that level right now.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GMEN, thank GAWD for this Bye Week:beli: All we need is Cards to put in that 2 weeks work:myman: And, let Nov-Dec, handle those NFC Frauds:stopitslime:, as they rack those Ls right on schedule:jawalrus: Remember, a GMEN in the cut...:youngsabo:

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
Obviously we know the O-Line needs to be addressed in the offseason, but its also time for Reese and co to finally acknowledge that this D-Line ain't shyt anymore.

JPP is a shell of his old self, Kiwi just straight up sucks, and the interior guys are average at best since it seems like every time we get a nice DT we lose him to free agency.

So... interesting fact.... this isn't really true at all.

JPP has not gotten the same amount of sacks, but he's been dominant against the run. Maybe better than any defensive end in the league. He still draws a ton of attention. And Hankins is a pro-bowl caliber tackle, period. Kiwi is obviously on the back end of his career, and should start ceding snaps to moore, for sure.

Linebacker is always an issue and I'm guessing will be until the end of time as we seem to want nothing to do with making a big move for LBs. We've had worse groups of LBs in the past decade but it can still be better and of course Beason can't stay on the field like 80% of our secondary.

This current crop of guys are still TBD, but next draft is gonna be huge for us again especially if we wind up under .500 again this season which based on our schedule looks likely.

They definitely need to think about a linebacker, soon. But they won't. I'd also look at another offensive/defensive lineman. We definitely agree on this portion.

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
So... interesting fact.... this isn't really true at all.

JPP has not gotten the same amount of sacks, but he's been dominant against the run. Maybe better than any defensive end in the league. He still draws a ton of attention. And Hankins is a pro-bowl caliber tackle, period. Kiwi is obviously on the back end of his career, and should start ceding snaps to moore, for sure.

Like I said in another post, I'm not saying JPP isn't good. I'm saying he is not the same player he was in 2011 when he was at least a top 3 defensive player in the league. Like you said he's still great playing the run, and has begun again to show flashes of his old self rushing the passer. But he's not on that 2011 level yet, which I'm not saying is easy to get to but we've seen him there so it's fair to expect to see it again when he's healthy.

I think he can get back to his old self, but I would not say he's as dominant right now as he was 3 years ago. Maybe "shell of his old self" was the wrong phrase to use, but that's just down to how highly I rated him then.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
Like I said in another post, I'm not saying JPP isn't good. I'm saying he is not the same player he was in 2011 when he was at least a top 3 defensive player in the league. Like you said he's still great playing the run, and has begun again to show flashes of his old self rushing the passer. But he's not on that 2011 level yet, which I'm not saying is easy to get to but we've seen him there so it's fair to expect to see it again when he's healthy.

I think to your original point, getting another pass rusher as the other DE would free him up.

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
I think to your original point, getting another pass rusher as the other DE would free him up.

It could, Kiwi certainly ain't giving him help. JPP is trending up this season, he looks better every week which hasn't been the case past couple of seasons. He just needs to keep it up and we will see him at his best again.

Just please stay healthy :to:

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
These next four games are critical. Our schedule is softer for our last 4 to 5 games. Tom after the bye should have them focused for the Colts. If I see Luck light us up
kbv3XPO.png

Can Antonio Pierce help us at middle LB since Beason is out :skip:

Daps
Best bye week ever :blessed: The Cards and our strange bedfellows the Skins did their jobs, and the race is a little bit even (knew there was something to the whole Colt McCoy bandwagon:lolbron:) now it's our turn this Sunday :birdman:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If Vontae Davis doesnt play, we shouldnt have too much trouble throwing the ball. Im liking a break out game from ODB in primetime on Monday brehs.