Supreme's Son: "No One Under 30 Can Name 3 Nas Songs, He Been Garbage Since 2001 & 50 Cent Is Top 5"

Crumple

All Star
Daps
and anyone under 30 cant name 3 Marvin Gaye songs.. so the fuhk what...lol

everybody has their time.. Nas did the most with his. G.O.AT/Mount Rushmore status

Or Curtis Mayfield.

Well said.

Who is Supreme? Never heard of him. All I know is the Supreme skate shop.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
His friend was the one talking more shyt. He just agreed with it!

Daps
As overrated as Nas is by 40 year old dust heads who are stuck on the 90s, 50 got one....two good albums at best and been ass for nearly 15 years. But I'll also admit nobody under the age of 25 can really name a Nas song

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Good lord I just skim through this shyt and landed on a verbal lashing of nas career for like 2 minutes. That shyt was rough for me. So I can imagine a nas stan. I hope nas stans did not watch this video and only posted off the thread title:picard:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HHID- self explanatory
Untitled- we saw the shirt on red carpet
SD- nas got a double album
Life is Good- he on the cover with Kelis dress
Nasir- riding Kanye wave

it’s called marketing. Anytime u sell a product that’s what u need to do.

The Kelis dress/the divorce wasn't going to help Nas move units. With Life Is Good it was Nas sticking to what Nas does best. The previous three solo albums was his experimental/conceptual stage which produced music that was more or less hit or miss. The titles to HHID and Untitled were definitely attention grabbers, but it wasn't like everything was stacked on those titles.

Nasir wasn't Nas riding Kanye wave. In fact, that possibly hurt Nas more than it helped. That album positioned him to relieve himself of Def Jam and become independent.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The Kelis dress/the divorce wasn't going to help Nas move units. With Life Is Good it was Nas sticking to what Nas does best. The previous three solo albums was his experimental/conceptual stage which produced music that was more or less hit or miss. The titles to HHID and Untitled were definitely attention grabbers, but it wasn't like everything was stacked on those titles.

Nasir wasn't Nas riding Kanye wave. In fact, that possibly hurt Nas more than it helped. That album positioned him to relieve himself of Def Jam and become independent.
I really want to be done with y’all nikkas when it comes to nas. So it wasn’t a big deal that good music was dropping a new album every week for like a month straight with nas new album included?

or that nAs was gonna address his divorce with his r&b ex wife

Just because Nas didn’t set the world on fire don’t mean it wasn’t a gimmick

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really want to be done with y’all nikkas when it comes to nas. So it wasn’t a big deal that good music was dropping a new album every week for like a month straight with nas new album included?

or that nAs was gonna address his divorce with his r&b ex wife

Just because Nas didn’t set the world on fire don’t mean it wasn’t a gimmick

In the grand scheme of things, those weekly GOOD Music drops weren't a big deal. Push's Daytona hype was driven by Pusha's diss and he actually delivered on the music end. The rest of those weren't really hyped.

Nas addressing his divorce wasn't a gimmick either. Nas had been getting really personal with his music since God's Son was his most revealing album up until Life Is Good.

Why can't you just be done? Nobody's forcing you to be in these threads. You doing this is clinical at this point.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s not just those songs though :dead:

There's 20 songs listed. One isn't from 10-15+ years ago. It's the Justin Timberlake one.
So....what point are you trying to make here? :unimpressed:

Fred.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
In the grand scheme of things, those weekly GOOD Music drops weren't a big deal. Push's Daytona hype was driven by Pusha's diss and he actually delivered on the music end. The rest of those weren't really hyped.

Nas addressing his divorce wasn't a gimmick either. Nas had been getting really personal with his music since God's Son was his most revealing album up until Life Is Good.

Why can't you just be done? Nobody's forcing you to be in these threads. You doing this is clinical at this point.
The nikka comes in every single Nas thread and just starts shytting on him for no reason and dapping every negative post about him. Then makes a random post about “stans” and gets a bunch of other nikkas who hate on Nas to dap him too. Wash rinse repeat. Oh and he may throw a flagrant ass outlandish comment in there.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bro. THIS is what I’m saying. nikkas talkin bout this and that. Talkin bout Jay. The same nikka who just sold the same amount of albums as Nas’ Lost Tapes 2. nikkas need to get over the fact that Nas and Jay ain’t really being fukked wit heavy on the streets like that no more. Both these nikkas ain’t relevant like that. Outside of shyt that don’t got nothing to do with music.

That's what I'm saying man. Thread starter acting like it's 2005 or some shyt and 50 and Nas got beef. Both of them cats are musically irrelevant. Which is fine, the #1 rap song right now is a god damn Tik Tok dance. So they ain't supposed to be hot in this era.

And I'm :dead: at "Supreme's son said". If your only claim to fame is being someone's child....then I don't give a fukk what you're talking about.

Fred.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don’t get what anyone can name x songs by artist x means.

We all know the sing who let the dogs out and Laffy taffy, does that make them better than a lot of rappers?

If you’re not a music head you should never talk about an artist in general. Just like you shouldn’t be making general statements about wine if you’re not a wine head. If you’re a music head with a special liking for hiphop, you know a lot of Nas songs and Laffy taffy.

At the end of the day it will be the music heads, that will write the history, the books, make movies about artists, documentaries, re-review, promote reissues etc. flavor of the month has been in existence since for ever, they come and go, as do their fans.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I’m mad y’all let this Ireland g unit Cock sucker gas y’all up in this thread

dude been dikk riding 50 for a cool decade shyt is disgusting