Supreme's Son: "No One Under 30 Can Name 3 Nas Songs, He Been Garbage Since 2001 & 50 Cent Is Top 5"

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Then why did Nas work with him? :mjlol:

Damn y’all be so delusional :dead:
nikka did u not remember the fukking shyt show that happened with Kanye before Nasir dropped? He decided to de a collab EP to fulfill his contract and Ye literally fukked everything up surrounding it. nikka even fukked up his rollout and the shyt got delayed because the nikka didn’t even mix it yet. :dead: U can’t make this shyt up. Nas was getting heat for even being associated with Kanye at that point.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
This never went plat. Cats saw 50 say it on Twitter and ran with it.:mjlol:

Nowhere is it listed by the RIAA as plat.

Fred.
Like I said before. Outside of Big Rich Town. nikkas is NOT fukkin with 50 musically like that. The fukking nerve of nikkas talking about Nas’ musical relevancy in relation to 50. nikka been ICE COLD out here for a minute.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Like I said before. Outside of Big Rich Town. nikkas is NOT fukkin with 50 musically like that.
I feel like a lot of the cats on this board aren't comfortable with their age. Dudes be like....35 years old talking about "nobody under 30 is checking for Nas." :mjlol:

shyt is crazy to me man.

Fred.

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
It's stupid when people take their own knowledge and apply it to anyone.

If you love something, you will study the history of it.

Anyone who doesn't study the history of rap (you don't gotta like it) doesn't actually love rap.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
nikka did u not remember the fukking shyt show that happened with Kanye before Nasir dropped? He decided to de a collab EP to fulfill his contract and Ye literally fukked everything up surrounding it. nikka even fukked up his rollout and the shyt got delayed because the nikka didn’t even mix it yet. :dead: U can’t make this shyt up. Nas was getting heat for even being associated with Kanye at that point.
Nas did some bullshyt with mailed in verses to get out his deal associating with Kanye helped him sell more records. The whole album felt like a rushed cash grab.

On the production tip Kanye had a great year and the “Wyoming Sessions” was the talk in hip-hop. Daytona and Kids See Ghosts was critically acclaimed. Pusha and Teyana moved more units than they ever did.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nas did some bullshyt with mailed in verses to get out his deal associating with Kanye helped him sell more records. The whole album felt like a rushed cash grab.

On the production tip Kanye had a great year and the “Wyoming Sessions” was the talk in hip-hop. Daytona and Kids See Ghosts was critically acclaimed. Pusha and Teyana moved more units than they ever did.
Kids See Ghost was wack. His OWN album was wack. The best shyt to come out of those sessions was Daytona and that’s cause Pusha had control over certain shyt and it wasn’t initially supposed to be that short. Kanye kept fukkin up publicly and then forced Nas to go to fukking Wyoming to do the album within a week or some shyt. One thing u can say about Nas is he NEVER had a quality control issue or roll out issue his whole entire career the way that Kanye shyt happened. Like I said. The man was STILL MIXING Nas’ project on the release date. Nas never had this issue in his damn near 30 year career.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Kids See Ghost was wack. His OWN album was wack. The best shyt to come out of those sessions was Daytona and that’s cause Pusha had control over certain shyt and it wasn’t initially supposed to be that short. Kanye kept fukkin up publicly and then forced Nas to go to fukking Wyoming to do the album within a week or some shyt. One thing u can say about Nas is he NEVER had a quality control issue or roll out issue his whole entire career the way that Kanye shyt happened. Like I said. The man was STILL MIXING Nas’ project on the release date. Nas never had this issue in his damn near 30 year career.
I hate Kid Cudi I didn’t listen to that shyt based off the reviews and how people on the net received it, it was critically acclaimed tho.

Nas chose to work with him. He could have deaded the whole shyt. The poster I quoted said Kanye was irrelevant or some shyt. No way Kanye dropped some great beats that year and even retarded Kanye is a huge artist and celebrity still.

Nas working with Kanye didn’t hurt Nas it gave him a wind in the mainstream. He wouldn’t have sold 77,000 copies without that affiliation. He has been sitting on his actual album for years now.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This nikka @ISO is my nikka but he buggin all thru this thread too.
Neither 50 or Nas are musically relevant to the new generation. Both barely drop music.

50 is held in higher reverence by the 25 and under demographic. It’s nothing wrong with admitting that. 50 was a huge artist in their youth with music, video games, clothing, movies. His catalog is still streaming and accumulating YouTube views to this day. A lot of young new artist are re-making his songs. The majority of these young Chicago and NY rappers claim 50 as a major influence.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I hate Kid Cudi I didn’t listen to that shyt based off the reviews and how people on the net received it, it was critically acclaimed tho.

Nas chose to work with him. He could have dreaded the whole shyt. The poster I quoted said Kanye was irrelevant or some shyt. No way Kanye dropped some great beats that year and even retarded Kanye is a huge artist and celebrity still.

Nas working with Kanye didn’t hurt Nas it gave him a wind in the mainstream. He wouldn’t have sold 77,000 copies without that affiliation. He has been sitting on his actual album for years now.
Fam. If it wasn’t for Kanye’s antics Nas would’ve sold more. If Nas actually dropped Nas Album Done it would’ve done better. shyt even young nikkas was fukkin wit Major Key when it dropped. Nas’ last album before NASIR sold 450k. And people was anticipating the shyt. To top it off. Jay and Beyonce turned around and dropped that surprise album The Carter’s that same weekend and took all the media from Nas.