Supreme's Son: "No One Under 30 Can Name 3 Nas Songs, He Been Garbage Since 2001 & 50 Cent Is Top 5"

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Nas stans are in their feelings in this thread :russ:

Anyway, I'm 28 and is a Nas fan and can name more than three songs of his... However I think I'm the exception, not the norm. Nas is my most listened to artist on spotify :ahh: I was in the 5th Grade when "I Can" dropped and I loved that song as a kid.

A lot of younger rappers are influenced by 50 though, Pop Smoke was one of them.

Young ppl thinking that 50 is better than Nas isn't as far fetched as the Coli may think.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bro. THIS is what I’m saying. nikkas talkin bout this and that. Talkin bout Jay. The same nikka who just sold the same amount of albums as Nas’ Lost Tapes 2. nikkas need to get over the fact that Nas and Jay ain’t really being fukked wit heavy on the streets like that no more. Both these nikkas ain’t relevant like that. Outside of shyt that don’t got nothing to do with music.
Nah. That Jay Electronica album don’t count that’s not Hov album.

Last time Jay had a proper solo album cycle was 4:44 and he did numbers.

Story of OJ did numbers. Family Feud was getting remixed a lot. That album had nikkas talking about a lot of shyt it opened up conversations in the culture. The videos went crazy. On the lead up he had Drug Dealers Anonymous and I Got The Keys as features.

Him and Nas not in the same boat.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Bro. THIS is what I’m saying. nikkas talkin bout this and that. Talkin bout Jay. The same nikka who just sold the same amount of albums as Nas’ Lost Tapes 2. nikkas need to get over the fact that Nas and Jay ain’t really being fukked wit heavy on the streets like that no more. Both these nikkas ain’t relevant like that. Outside of shyt that don’t got nothing to do with music.
:mjlol:

if jay drop a album Friday it’s doing atleast 200k

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nas stans are in their feelings in this thread :russ:

Anyway, I'm 28 and is a Nas fan and can name more than three songs of his... However I think I'm the exception, not the norm. Nas is my most listened to artist on spotify :ahh: I was in the 5th Grade when "I Can" dropped and I loved that song as a kid.

A lot of younger rappers are influenced by 50 though, Pop Smoke was one of them.

Young ppl thinking that 50 is better than Nas isn't as far fetched as the Coli may think.
We sung “I Can” at my 5th grade graduation.

Nas ain’t have one since.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
190M views went Platinum from 2016...

On Don Q and A-Boogie street single that got played in NYC area...

Single with Uncle Murda, Cas, 69 at 60M views...

On Young M.A. Ouuu remix...

On Tory Lanez album cut...

Nas at a point in his career that he make music for his core fans. He lost his reverence in the streets and with the youth a long long time ago.

50 has stayed relevant through Power, social media, is more of an OG figure for the new generation that can be tapped for features and advice, and his hits still get streamed heavily and was the soundtrack to the childhood of the 25 and under demographic, a lot of his songs have also been flipped in the new generation.

I can post a bunch of Nas features too fam fukk is u sayin bro?
u forgot about THIS?? In which he performed at the Grammy’s and this is just this year.

Or this?

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Wtf do jay z have to do with this shyt lol

I’m from Detroit and every time jay come here it’s a big deal. Nas not so much. Jay come to do little ceaser arena by himself while Nas doin the same venues as a joe Budden podcast.

Yes it more older cats at a Hov concert but it be tons of younger cats there. Jay is the exception brother

Nas is always at Chene Park Theater when he comes to Detroit. capacity about 7,000...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nah. That Jay Electronica album don’t count that’s not Hov album.

Last time Jay had a proper solo album cycle was 4:44 and he did numbers.

Story of OJ did numbers. Family Feud was getting remixed a lot. That album had nikkas talking about a lot of shyt it opened up conversations in the culture. The videos went crazy. On the lead up he had Drug Dealers Anonymous and I Got The Keys as features.

Him and Nas not in the same boat.
That’s bullshyt. U forgot about The Carters? Which didn’t do shyt either? Ok.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
:mjlol:

if jay drop a album Friday it’s doing atleast 200k

Hov always uses gimmicks to sell.

"im gonna retire album"
co-albums with Beyonce, Timberlake, Beyonce
That Samsung shyt he did.
naming his album after the biggest movie of the year etc.

He also is able to stay relevant cuz he's married to the biggest pop star of all time..... He would've been Ludacris status if it wasnt for BEY' lol

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Nas is always at Chene Park Theater when he comes to Detroit. capacity about 7,000...

Wtf are talking about lol

That’s my point he only do theaters. chene is where old acts or up & coming acts go to perform in Detroit. He has been performing at the Fox, Fillmore , Masonic temple, & DTE.

he would never step foot in Comerica, little ceasers, or ford field

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I can post a bunch of Nas features too fam fukk is u sayin bro?
u forgot about THIS?? In which he performed at the Grammy’s and this is just this year.

Or this?

I’m talking about what the young nikkas and what the streets in the city fukking with and who the new artists in hip-hop claim as an influence.

That Lil Nas X the city ain’t jacking that lol. That’s for the Tik Tok and Nickolodeon type kid audience and LGBT.

The Jhene song is dope that’s a nice pocket for Nas at this point in his career.

And you posted no solo songs either. I’m the Man and Big Rich Town are solo songs.

Nas is more G.O.A.T. than 50 but 50 has more reverence with the new generation. :hubie:

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Wtf are talking about lol

That’s my point he only do theaters. chene is where old acts or up & coming acts go to perform in Detroit.

You said he did Joe Budden type podcast venues... which indicates thats about 200 people.

Here he is at DTE Energy in Michigan: Capacity: 16,000 last summer

Mary J. Blige and Nas bring Royalty Tour to DTE Energy Music Theatre

You are a clown :umad:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
That’s bullshyt. U forgot about The Carters? Which didn’t do shyt either? Ok.
I’m talking about solo album. Jay last solo album was 4:44. 4:44 was critically acclaimed and commercially successful.

I’m a Jay fan. I didn’t even listen to The Carters have not interest in hearing it.