Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
You stretching like Mr Fantastic with that. Winter Soldier was basically 3 Days of the Condor turned into a superhero movie. Not that it's a bad thing because 3 Days is one of my favorites

i meant it aped TDK in the sense that it had scope and depth and touched on popular politics.

but unlike TDK it's more self aware, which imo makes it a much more enjoyable movie.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
twice marvel took dc's line and made it a hot song.

first they took the blueprint of batman begins and made iron man. then they took the blueprint of tdk and made winter solider. they took what made them work but in both cases they injected the fun and the energy that the nolan films were lacking.

Which low key the blueprint to make Batman Begin is really the Blueprint that was going to be used to make a planned Dr Strange movie decades ago before all this:wow:

Martha

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
So like..... pretty much none of what you’re initially trying to say is true.

Also, comedy/humor was in comic book movies way before Marvel even started doing comic book movies and that goes back to the 80s with Superman. So it’s not even a Marvel formula thing.

Thor was its own thing.

Michael Bay has nothing to do with Marvel

I get Marvel was the 1st to do a lot of things, but what we gotta do is stop pretending Marvel was the first to have humor/comedy in their movies when it was done way before the 10 years they even started this shyt.

Martha

You either read me wrong or didn't understand my post fully...and that's okay. My point was that its overdone, not that it's(humor) in superhero movies to begin with. I enjoy campy, grew up on Terminator and Robocop. So I expect everything to have some humor, from Blade to Avengers, I understood and appreciate that. What I don't like however, and what's beginning to pick up some tractions; is when leads are either let loose for 10 extra seconds per scene, to try and "find the funny" with topical humor. Michael Bay is just one of the directors who allows this on a grander scale....thought I explained that thoroughly. I used him as an example/analogy....let's move on.

Marvel wasn't the first to do comedy in Superhero films...I thought that was also apparent, but that was never my point to begin with. Either read coherently or stop building strawmen.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I don't really have a problem with the comedy. It's just get lazy now. People used to be clever with the wit. Now they're just copying internet memes or making rock paper scissors jokes. In the first avengers i laughed hard when cap gave nick fury money for being amazed because it was just a clever call back without be telegraphed or forced down my throat.

How many of you watched ghostbusters when you were a kid, then watched it later as an adult and picked up on a bunch of things that went over your head when you were little? that won't happen with my daughter because Dr. Strange's choice of humor is calling someone Beyonce.

This...its lazy and one note. The directors want to let lead prattle one for 10 extra seconds to try and deliver a style of punchline that got boring in Ironman 2. I think a lot of people on here forgot Rockwell dancing in Ironman 2 and Toby dancing in Spiderman 3. I want comedy, I just don't want the same style done over and over.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You either read me wrong or didn't understand my post fully...and that's okay. My point was that its overdone, not that it's(humor) in superhero movies to begin with. I enjoy campy, grew up on Terminator and Robocop. So I expect everything to have some humor, from Blade to Avengers, I understood and appreciate that. What I don't like however, and what's beginning to pick up some tractions; is when leads are either let loose for 10 extra seconds per scene, to try and "find the funny" with topical humor. Michael Bay is just one of the directors who allows this on a grander scale....thought I explained that thoroughly. I used him as an example/analogy....let's move on.

Marvel wasn't the first to do comedy in Superhero films...I thought that was also apparent, but that was never my point to begin with. Either read coherently or stop building strawmen.

Cool beans and nice unnecessary shyt at the end

200w.gif

I still don’t thing all like everyone does it and I don’t believe is that bad in comparison to a lot of other films depending on the genre that allows it.

Michael Bay eh?:patrice:

Well QTarantina is a director that constantly is trying to “find the funny” a lot of his movies characters have these long monologues and there has been jokes and humor in everyone of his films and no one ever has a problem.

Dude made movies about slavery and Nazis and made it “funny”

But moving on:ehh:

Like with any movie some stuff lands and some stuff misses..... but overall with everyone of their movies..... and what I think we’re at 19 now.... I don’t think they’ve went too crazy with the comedy. Some had more and some had less.

Martha

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Everyone is :cape:for their marvel movies as usual.

There is a difference between a character like Deadpool making jokes every second and every character in Avengers needing to make a joke.

This is all a symptom of Iron Man and Bendis' Avengers run. If Thor didn't speak with different fonts than everyone else I couldn't tell the difference in dialogue.

Most Marvel movies quip and waste dialogue rather than tell a cohesive story.

But this site is Marvel gang and can't see that story is important to these comic characters.

:camby:

Pretty much my general feeling on it. Black Panther found the proper mixture of funny and stoicism. Plus Killmonger wasn't trying to tell a joke every scene. The problem is that companies always follow the money and the trend, so when a movie like Guardians is killing it at the box office, producers think its better to just make 2hr+ films about a superhero being funny, more so than anything else. Ragnarok is probably the most perfect and egregious example. Not only does it begin with a tired run off script of Thor trying to land some topical humor, but the movie had about 4 comedic sidekicks....to me, that's a problem.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Obadiah Stane didn’t tell a joke every scene
Emil Blonsky/Abomination didn’t tell a joke every scene
Red Skull didn’t tell a joke every scene
Laufey didn’t tell a joke every scene
Whip Lash didn’t tell a joke every scene
Malekith didn’t tell a joke every scene
Ronan didn’t tell a joke every scene
Alexander Pierce didn’t tell a joke every scene
General Ross didn’t tell a joke every scene
Winter Soldier didn’t tell a joke every scene
Darren Cross didn’t tell a joke every scene
Helmet Zemo didn’t tell a joke every scene
Kaecilius didn’t tell a joke every scene
Adrian Toomes didn’t tell a joke every scene
Killmonger didn’t tell a joke every scene

And even though he’s had limited appearances not a even Thanos has told jokes every scene

That’s the majority in comparison to like the 3 or 4 that have in the by far minority

Martha

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
How does everyone feel about every Marvel hero (sans a handful), basically being stand up comics in every scene in the film? A very obviously example of this is RDJ in all the Ironman films. It seems like after that, Marvel producers wanted every lead to make topical jokes every other line. For me it's okay when Spiderman does it (he's the GOAT at it), but RDJ killed Ironman for me...

And yes while there are some exceptions (Logan, Black Panther, etc). It seems like everyone is doing their best RDJ/Chris Pratt impersonation. It was already horrible that Michael Bay lives by the formula, but now its in every Marvel film, and it feels like the easy go-to for comedy. I give Thor Ragnarok credit for making that Hulk scene hilarious, but damn near every scene before and after, had a character spew out nonsense for 10 seconds too long trying to be funny.

Before Black Panther I was having Marvel fatigue

Here's the hoping Infitnity Wars and the movies afterward switch it up

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I still need to check out Ragnorak and Homecoming

But, if those are weak, I'll be right their with you

Coogler and the Russo Bros spoiled me with great standards....anything less, and ill pass on.