Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I hope Coog atleast get to add his own style more cinematography wise

The biggest departure from the formula is that upside shot when Killmonger finally takes the throne

Killmonger is all MBJ and his boy Coogler. You really think a white director would even allow that? :skip:

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Killmonger is all MBJ and his boy Coogler. You really think a white director would even allow that? :skip:
Visually speaking is what I was talking about

It still feels like all the other movies in the MCU

Writing wise; Coogler :wow: and Joe Robert Cole (had to look his name up, but, I remember it was another brother) KILLED IT 10/10

This is what I want

Creed's writing only could be done by a brotha, too

The "typical" abandon black kid by his father story without looking like some bullshyt

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Visually speaking is what I was talking about

It still feels like all the other movies in the MCU

Writing wise; Coogler :wow: and Joe Robert Cole (had to look his name up, but, I remember it was another brother) KILLED IT 10/10

This is what I want

Creed's writing only could be done by a brotha, too

The "typical" abandon black kid by his father story without looking like some bullshyt

Yeah, only a well detailed black director and screenwriter can make magical things.

Imagine MCU Killmonger going against other MCU villains like Red Skull, Yellowjacket, and Whiplash? :mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The worse comic book movies have been F4 reboot, Catwoman, Steel, Batman and Robin, Jonah Hex and a few others that I dont need to mention cuz its a long list.

Not even the least beast of the Marvel movies have been close to as bad as them.... not even the DCU movies either.

I would love for them to keep pushing the bar getting better and better but as long as they are consistently as good as they've been... I dont see the problem.

As far a "formula"

Look comic books movies are always gonna have the same formula;

Hero gets powers, hero fights crime, villain wants something sinister or wants to do something bad, hero and villain go on a collision course, final battle, hero wins

Thats the only "formula" I really see all these films doing and for what its worth you have to do that cuz if not..... what is even the purpose of the damn movie?

Martha

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Logan had no comedy at all and received Academy Award nominations including Best Adapted Screenplay. In fact, X-Men has never really relied on comedy at all. A lot of people in this thread are fukking morons who don't know what they're talking about. Comic book movies don't "need" comedy to be successful. Never did.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Logan had no comedy at all and received Academy Award nominations including Best Adapted Screenplay. In fact, X-Men has never really relied on comedy at all. A lot of people in this thread are fukking morons who don't know what they're talking about. Comic book movies don't "need" comedy to be successful. Never did.
Including 1 Academy Award nomination. Not multiple.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

There was comedy in jokes in like every X-men movie....... Logan normally does one liners and SS even stole one of the Logan comedy bits as the Boomering dude trying to sneak a sip of soda was similar to in one movie Logan trying to sneak a smoke break in the middle of an epic “serious” battle.

Oh yea making panty jokes to Storm or the dialogue he had with her isn’t too different from the dialogue BW had with Hawkeye on the humor scale

Martha

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Had comedy from Shuri, M'Baku and Klaw. :what:
But that was different :skip:

At this point imma just :LOLDraxMantis: at these dudes. Aside from complaining about a formula that makes sense being that it’s a fukking cinematic universe so it’s going to have the same tone just like DCEU struck out with their bleak emo tone, these dudes are gonna keep seeing the movies just like all the other people who enjoy the “formula”.