Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Everyone is :cape:for their marvel movies as usual.

There is a difference between a character like Deadpool making jokes every second and every character in Avengers needing to make a joke.

This is all a symptom of Iron Man and Bendis' Avengers run. If Thor didn't speak with different fonts than everyone else I couldn't tell the difference in dialogue.

Most Marvel movies quip and waste dialogue rather than tell a cohesive story.

But this site is Marvel gang and can't see that story is important to these comic characters.

:camby:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

There is a difference between a character like Deadpool making jokes every second and every character in Avengers needing to make a joke.

This is all a symptom of Iron Man and Bendis' Avengers run. If Thor didn't speak with different fonts than everyone else I couldn't tell the difference in dialogue.

But this site is Marvel gang and can't see that story is important to these comic characters.

And whats so noncohesive? How is story not important or being told or hindered?

Also, I think too much of a big deal is made over fukking jokes when not everyone reality is making jokes or excessive jokes.

Like what, between Avengers 1 and 2 of all the lines Cap had, they one that I know stands out the most is "No Cursing" or something to that effect. But what other excessive joke did he make? Hawkeye made no jokes in A1, Hulk didnt talk, SW didnt make any jokes, Vision didnt really make jokes, Thor maybe had one or 2 things in 2 movies.

So what are we really calling excessive?

Nicca acting like they throwing around shyt as fast and random as the DC CW shows where they go joke to joke every other line.

Its like cats are to a degree complaining for the sake of complaining.

Martha

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

shut your muthafukkin ass up!
:NOREmarvelhat:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Look up, because it's just over your head. lol
giphy.gif

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Which makes sense for the turtles, since everything about the franchise, both on film and tv, has been campy. Burton gave Batman some very dry humor when it came ot Keaton which worked, and we all know Nicholson knocked it out of the ballpark. Ultimately the 80/90's were all about camp and corny one-liners, and that's fine, since they're very few and far in between. But these days, everyone is either doing their best Chris Pratt or RDJ impression...and its using the same genre of topical humor.
Ninja turtles source material wasn't campy though. They did the same thing to the turtles for the same reasons as Marvel is doing now; Make them lighthearted so kids (new generation of fans to sell merchandise to) will latch on. What you said in the bolded is what Future Killigraphies will be saying about marvel stuff in 20 years. You don't see it for the turtles cause you were young when it happened. Everytime they want a new generation of fans, they switch canon up dramatically and make it more lighthearted.

Thor shouldn't be dark. I just wish it was Less flash gordon and more Lord of the rings. Save the flash gordon vibes for Guardians of the Galaxy; it's perfect for that. I love that marvel flicks have a signature DNA, but tonal homogeny diminishes the overall potential.

But like i said earlier, it leaves the lane wide open for someone else, so it's all good... :mjgrin:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
How does everyone feel about every Marvel hero (sans a handful), basically being stand up comics in every scene in the film? A very obviously example of this is RDJ in all the Ironman films. It seems like after that, Marvel producers wanted every lead to make topical jokes every other line. For me it's okay when Spiderman does it (he's the GOAT at it), but RDJ killed Ironman for me...

And yes while there are some exceptions (Logan, Black Panther, etc). It seems like everyone is doing their best RDJ/Chris Pratt impersonation. It was already horrible that Michael Bay lives by the formula, but now its in every Marvel film, and it feels like the easy go-to for comedy. I give Thor Ragnarok credit for making that Hulk scene hilarious, but damn near every scene before and after, had a character spew out nonsense for 10 seconds too long trying to be funny.

Thor was a dark comedy

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ninja turtles source material wasn't campy though. They did the same thing to the turtles for the same reasons as Marvel is doing now; Make them lighthearted so kids (new generation of fans to sell merchandise to) will latch on. What you said in the bolded is what Future Killigraphies will be saying about marvel stuff in 20 years. You don't see it for the turtles cause you were young when it happened. Everytime they want a new generation of fans, they switch canon up dramatically and make it more lighthearted.

Thor shouldn't be dark. I just wish it was Less flash gordon and more Lord of the rings. Save the flash gordon vibes for Guardians of the Galaxy; it's perfect for that. I love that marvel flicks have a signature DNA, but tonal homogeny diminishes the overall potential.

But like i said earlier, it leaves the lane wide open for someone else, so it's all good... :mjgrin:
People seem to like it. My main thing is it feels like Marvel is limiting themselves from making some The Dark Knight caliber films going the action-comedy route. Like you brought up, Thor could've been much more taking another lane but then again the reception for the character might not had been the same. They might start going slightly more serious depending on how Infinity War turns out.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
People seem to like it. My main thing is it feels like Marvel is limiting themselves from making some The Dark Knight caliber films going the action-comedy route. Like you brought up, Thor could've been much more taking another lane but then again the reception for the character might not had been the same. They might start going slightly more serious depending on how Infinity War turns out.

They don’t need to make Dark Knight caliber films when they already have and made CA2 caliber level film and most recently a Black Panther.

For as good as TDK was..... it in itself was limited it at worse it limited itself with it trying to go so hard for “realism” that it completely pushed itself outside the boundaries of a true “comic book universe or world”

It’s a reason DC had to reboot vs try to piggyback off what was created there and world build from there.

Both companies started about at the same place it had same starting line but it’s crazy how one has moved sooo far ahead while the other is pretty much still at square one

Martha

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
They don’t need to make Dark Knight caliber films when they already have and made CA2 caliber level film and most recently a Black Panther.

twice marvel took dc's line and made it a hot song.

first they took the blueprint of batman begins and made iron man. then they took the blueprint of tdk and made winter solider. they took what made them work but in both cases they injected the fun and the energy that the nolan films were lacking.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
twice marvel took dc's line and made it a hot song.

first they took the blueprint of batman begins and made iron man. then they took the blueprint of tdk and made winter solider. they took what made them work but in both cases they injected the fun and the energy that the nolan films were lacking.
You stretching like Mr Fantastic with that. Winter Soldier was basically 3 Days of the Condor turned into a superhero movie. They even included Robert Redford. Not that it's a bad thing because 3 Days is one of my favorites