Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You haven't been paying attention. Since RDJ, everyone but a select few of the superhero leads, have been doing their version of RDJ in Ironman. Or what I like to call; the Michael Bay script...aka 10 seconds of said leads trying to be "hip" to all the kids with topical humor. Pratt goes overboard in GoTG 2 with this. A more specific example of this, is the beginning of Thor Raganarok, the intro was cringey and so out of character, I had to wonder who the director Thor is. While Thor has had some corny moments in the comics, the audience prefers the bad ass stoic Thor...not a blonde guy telling more jokes than Spiderman.
So one guy, Chris Hemsworth? lol
And yeah Taika Waititi is a comedic director. When he was named you should have known what you were in for. Who really isn't paying attention? And look at the scoreboard critically and box office wise. Audiences actually preferred comedic Thor.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
You haven't been paying attention. Since RDJ, everyone but a select few of the superhero leads, have been doing their version of RDJ in Ironman. Or what I like to call; the Michael Bay script...aka 10 seconds of said leads trying to be "hip" to all the kids with topical humor. Pratt goes overboard in GoTG 2 with this. A more specific example of this, is the beginning of Thor Raganarok, the intro was cringey and so out of character, I had to wonder who the director Thor is. While Thor has had some corny moments in the comics, the audience prefers the bad ass stoic Thor...not a blonde guy telling more jokes than Spiderman.
Prove it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Not all leads, but some. I'm counting 4 if we include the "new" Hulk, who can talk and is even cracking jokes. :snoop:

I dont really recall the Hulk actually "cracking a joke"

A joke is anatomy is usually "a set up, a bridge, a punchline"

I made statements that may have came of humorous if "it's ones opinion there is humor in said statement" but I dont recall or think he was telling jokes

When I think jokes, I think shyt like what Chris Tucker, Will Smith, Mike Epps, Kevin Hart and etc do.

When I think, punchlines or quips think shyt like what Stallone, Arnold, Bruce Willis and etc do.

Like that bed conversation, Hulk was just talking to Thor... I dont even think he knew he was low key insulting him but he wasnt purposely roasting or joking him.

Martha

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

I made statements that may have came of humorous if "it's ones opinion there is humor in said statement" but I dont recall or think he was telling jokes

When I think jokes, I think shyt like what Chris Tucker, Will Smith, Mike Epps, Kevin Hart and etc do.

When I think, punchlines or quips think shyt like what Stallone, Arnold, Bruce Willis and etc do.

Like that bed conversation, Hulk was just talking to Thor... I dont even think he knew he was low key insulting him but he wasnt purposely roasting or joking him.

Martha

Then by definition, he was doing one liner's and or topical comments of humor.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Thor vol. 3 by Straczynski & Coipel, is always rated high on comic vine and various other sites. It was so good Jason Aaron decide to go with the and feel of the character. In general, people always enjoy the more seriously toned comics from plenty other heroes.
Oh I thought we were talking about the movies, nevermind.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Thor Ragnarok having jokes was a weird turn from the second movie and seemed like it was set in the Gotg universe. But I enjoyed it .

Gotg was pushed for its comedy .

Ant man in this day and age needs comedy no one is taking that hero seriously.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Thor Ragnarok having jokes was a weird turn from the second movie and seemed like it was set in the Gotg universe. But I enjoyed it .

Gotg was pushed for its comedy .

Ant man in this day and age needs comedy no one is taking that hero seriously.

The ant men are characters you need to take seriously. They can really fukk you up without you ever seeing that shyt. Or they can be scumbag supremes like the 3rd one and just spy on your girl while she's in the shower, and I haven't started on the fukkers getting in your body....

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If you want convoluted emo ass non sense go to the dceu. I mean we really got dudes in here complaining marvel has kept the same cinematic tone for their universe (what a concept :ohhh:). Y’all nikkas need to make a thread about your dceu heroes switching tones every other year because they keep flopping

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Martha
These nikkas don’t even know what they are saying anymore :mjlol: hulk throwing a temper tantrum is funny to the audience but not him joking. Banner jumping out ship and flopping on the ground is funny to the audience but not hulk doing got damn stand up.

I’m confused why after 10 years people think the tone of the universe hasn’t been established and they are still watching the movies.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
These nikkas don’t even know what they are saying anymore :mjlol: hulk throwing a temper tantrum is funny to the audience but not him joking. Banner jumping out ship and flopping on the ground is funny to the audience but not hulk doing got damn stand up.

I’m confused why after 10 years people think the tone of the universe hasn’t been established and they are still watching the movies.
shyt used to be amusing, but now the shyts just sad.
we should start making DC film threads.
but DC aint poppin tho.
:deadmanny:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Not all leads, but some. I'm counting 4 if we include the "new" Hulk, who can talk and is even cracking jokes. :snoop:
Okay bro you clearly don't read comics cause Hulk is always saying some funny shyt. Just calling Iron Man "Metal Man" and Hawkeye "Arrow Man" is hilarious.