Superheroes doing their best impersonation of Ironman, being the norm now...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
and we play dress up, what? :stopitslime:

:whoa: TMI my G. I was just pushing back against the idea that Beyonce is some timeless talent that will never be forgotten. lol

:troll: just kidding, i'm a deadbeat dad.
:mjcry:

Good joke. lol

:ohhh:

*reaches in pocket and gives @jayshiggs $5*:troll:

Moving to the next topic....

I been catching up on a comics (a lot of DC shyt and like after reading Green Lantern Blackest Night, I like that shyt better than a lot of the Batman stories cats overly stan)..... there’s comedy and jokes in them.

It’s no big deal

Martha

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
i had red flags when he said that. The type of thing bandwagon marvel fans who never read comics say.
Pretty sure I've copped more comics over the past 25 years than you...by far
If y'all think dudes with capes, tights and magic hammers should be beyond jokes because the jokes are the outrageous part...then you take fantasy stories way too seriously

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Pretty sure I've copped more comics over the past 25 years than you...by far
If y'all think dudes with capes, tights and magic hammers should be beyond jokes because the jokes are the outrageous part...then you take fantasy stories way too seriously
Jokes or Humor? Only people that should be making jokes are comedians and characters like the joker, deadpool etc.

All of them can have humor. I'm saying there's a difference between a movie with cheesy Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze type one liners and a movie with actual humor. That shyt is corny. No one is trying to relive the Adam West era of superhero movies.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Jokes or Humor? Only people that should be making jokes are comedians and characters like the joker, deadpool etc.

All of them can have humor. I'm saying there's a difference between a movie with cheesy Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze type one liners and a movie with actual humor. That shyt is corny. No one is trying to relive the Adam West era of superhero movies.
Lego Batman > BvS, JL, TDKR & Batman Begins

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mindblown: people still think comic books are full zany wacky fun like the 1950s

This is my core argument. I said before I have no issue with the way marvel does their stuff. They’re basically copying Bendis and doing it for the big screen. Cool.

But it’s intellectually dishonest to think or say that a comic book movie has to have jokes and that they’re for kids. It’s like that guy in the black lightning thread complaining that he can’t watch it with his nephew or niece because of the gay characters...ignoring the fact people get shot at point blank range and there’s blood and all that. But his point was, these things are for kids therefore they should be wholesome and light. Go to any comic book store in the country and tell me every single book there is wholesome and light and for kids.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is my core argument. I said before I have no issue with the way marvel does their stuff. They’re basically copying Bendis and doing it for the big screen. Cool.

But it’s intellectually dishonest to think or say that a comic book movie has to have jokes and that they’re for kids. It’s like that guy in the black lightning thread complaining that he can’t watch it with his nephew or niece because of the gay characters...ignoring the fact people get shot at point blank range and there’s blood and all that. But his point was, these things are for kids therefore they should be wholesome and light. Go to any comic book store in the country and tell me every single book there is wholesome and light and for kids.
People are being Marvel specific tho.
If you want to talk about Watchmen from DC or The Sandman from Vertigo, fine. But no one is talking about that in here.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
All it'll take is someone who knows what they're doing, to come through and smash the game :mjgrin:

the lane is wide open for a fanbase interception :mjgrin:

I wonder who might have what it takes though? :mjgrin:

Who on this planet is cookin something up wild enough to fukk up the whole movie game? :mjgrin:

The suspense is killing me... :mjgrin:
Disney owns almost everything so probably them

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Complain about comedy in films based on COMIC book characters in capes and leather outfits.... If there are exceptions like Batman that's fine, but I see no reason to be upset at jokes when the whole premise of these nikkas existence is ridiculous from the jump

And yet the Adam West Batman is universally panned.

There's a hard ceiling when it comes to how humorous a tv show and or movie can be. Again, you either need to read more carefully or come to an understanding that I never said comedy shouldn't be in said superhero films, rather that; leads are doing their best RDJ/Chris Pratt impersonation and its becoming tiresome for me.

While some comics are silly (see any Judge Dredd pages), some are serious and dive into the human psyche (Watchmen, Punisher Max, Daytripper, etc). We can't even begin to say that because something is a comic, its movie counterpart should be silly...because like films, comics come in all genre's and "climates". Should there be humor in a superhero movie? Of course, I love The Incredibles, but it has to stop being presented in such a lazy manner of 10 second topical humor bits.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And yet the Adam West Batman is universally panned.

There's a hard ceiling when it comes to how humorous a tv show and or movie can be. Again, you either need to read more carefully or come to an understanding that I never said comedy shouldn't be in said superhero films, rather that; leads are doing their best RDJ/Chris Pratt impersonation and its becoming tiresome for me.

While some comics are silly (see any Judge Dredd pages), some are serious and dive into the human psyche (Watchmen, Punisher Max, Daytripper, etc). We can't even begin to say that because something is a comic, its movie counterpart should be silly...because like films, comics come in all genre's and "climates". Should there be humor in a superhero movie? Of course, I love The Incredibles, but it has to stop being presented in such a lazy manner of 10 second topical humor bits.
Who is doing a RDJ/ Chris Pratt impression? Name some names.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Who is doing a RDJ/ Chris Pratt impression? Name some names.

You haven't been paying attention. Since RDJ, everyone but a select few of the superhero leads, have been doing their version of RDJ in Ironman. Or what I like to call; the Michael Bay script...aka 10 seconds of said leads trying to be "hip" to all the kids with topical humor. Pratt goes overboard in GoTG 2 with this. A more specific example of this, is the beginning of Thor Raganarok, the intro was cringey and so out of character, I had to wonder who the director thinks Thor is. While Thor has had some corny moments in the comics, the audience prefers the bad ass stoic Thor...not a blonde guy telling more jokes than Spiderman.

Last edited: