"Supergirl" TV show thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know that but they could have easily gone with something else
I don't see the issue...they shared the last name in the comics for decades why would it matter for it to be the same for a TV show and a movie?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I don't see the issue...they shared the last name in the comics for decades why would it matter for it to be the same for a TV show and a movie?
You didn't get the memo. D.C. should accommodate 40 plus years of comic history just to please marvel even though that show was scheduled to be release before Marvel announced their Captain Marvel movie:skip:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Yall really ready to go to war over the slightest little thing. All I said was the name was similar, shyt :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Kara Danvers was never her name in the books. It just sounds too similar that I doubt it will stick especially when they have similar powers

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Kara Danvers was never her name in the books. It just sounds too similar that I doubt it will stick especially when they have similar powers
They probably thought it would be stupid to have her using the two different names (Linda/Kara) so they just dropped the Linda and kept the last name.
I don't see it getting changed to be honest because there is no need.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
CBS' Supergirl Casting Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Others

By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 31 2014, 8:54 AM PDT

supergirl_jimmyolsen.jpg

On the heels of sharing details about the casting for Supergirl‘s titular heroine and her foster sister, TVLine now has the scoop on four other series-regular roles to be filled on the drama, which already has a series commitment from CBS.

CAT GRANT | The project is eyeing females in their 40s, open ethnicity, to play the founder of CatCo, a media conglomerate that Cat built from the ground up. Kara (Supergirl’s mild-mannered alter ego) will work as a personal assistant to Cat, who is described as “J.Lo by way of Anna Wintour.”

JAMES OLSEN | In his late 20s/early 30s, open ethnicity, James is a smart, worldly and (duh) attractive photographer for CatCo. Though an alpha male, his salt-of-the-earth nature elicits a huge ol’ crush from Kara.

WINSLOW ‘WYNN’ SCHOTT | This twentysomething tech whiz/Comic-Con stalwart toils for CatCo as a programmer, unaware of his own (toying?) potential. Unware of her secret, he carries a torch for Kara, whom he lives next door to.

HANK HENSHAW | As an upstart CIA agent, Hank grew obsessed with intergalactic intel. Now in his 40s and lording over the DEO (Department of Extra-Normal Operations), he is on high alert when Supergirl reveals herself, worried that her otherworldly abilities pose a threat to humankind.

The Supergirl pilot was penned by Ali Adler (No Ordinary Family) and Greg Berlanti (Arrow), both of whom will exec-produce alongside Sarah Schechter (of Berlanti Productions) and Warner Bros. TV.

Look, up in the sky — it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s… your cue to dream-cast!

http://tvline.com/2014/10/31/supergirl-casting-jimmy-olsen-cat-grant/