"Supergirl" TV show thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Probably go with something like this since it is made up of normal clothing+ a cape:
gRWIiXo.jpg

Probably skip the mini-skirt and go for jeans or tights though.

Also wouldn't shock me if they went for something similar to the Man of Steel style costume either:
sEUpDRY.jpg

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
bruh, 9 times outta 10 this shyt is going to basically be Twilight teenage love bullshyt for 8 seasons

and then on the last episode she'll finally put on her superman suit

I'm hoping its more in line with Arrow/Flash and she gets the suit the first episode but i don't see that happening for some reason

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
THR says Claire ****'s not in the running anymore so you might not have to worry bout that.

Dont know if thats good or bad :lupe:

They should just scrap all these pilots and do a Reality TV show on adult swim with Adam West, Linda Carter, and Dean Cane (RIP Christopher Reeves) living in a house and doing challenges against Jack Nickolson, Gene Hackman, and Michelle Pfifer with the money going to charity.

That would be awesome.
:pachaha:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
The latest chick being talked about for the Supergirl role is British actress Gemma Atkinson:
UBExNlK.jpg

Them natural titty meats tho :ohlawd:

She looks like a better fit for Power Girl.
Yeah, this chick would be perfect for Power Girl. Even had the same haircut:

gemma-atkinson-172.jpg

fukk it though, they wanna put her in spandex as Supergirl, I'm all for it. :shaq:

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
I'm all for this but why are they (DC) really even doing this shyt (tv) when they're just going to reintroduce all these characters into the films between now and 2020

Do we really want to see another Flash, Supergirl or Arrow origin story on the big screen after watching several seasons of it on tv?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm all for this but why are they (DC) really even doing this shyt (tv) when they're just going to reintroduce all these characters into the films between now and 2020

Do we really want to see another Flash, Supergirl or Arrow origin story on the big screen after watching several seasons of it on tv?
They are being kept separate though and most tv shows of this type will get about 2-5 million viewers a week which means there is a much larger audience that won't have seen any of these shows.
And the people who are going to watch are automatically counted as buying tickets for the movie versions.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Arrow/Flash Producer Gives Supergirl Casting Update

Arrow/The Flash producer Greg Berlanti gives an update on casting the Supergirl series and the crossover potential with CW's DC series.

11 JAN 2015 BY ERIC GOLDMAN

superunnamedjpg-2e3d521280wjpg-eb5c94_160w.jpg

Since CBS’s Supergirl series was announced, fans have wondered if it will exist in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash. With executive producerGreg Berlanti behind all three series and CBS co-owning the CW, it’s certainly much more likely than, say, Constantine being able to do a crossover and we’ve already heard that there is a strong possibility.

At the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, CW president Mark Pedowitz was asked the question but deflected giving a definitive answer, saying, “You can ask Greg!” And so that’s exactly what we did, as I was among a group of journalists who spoke to Berlanti following The Flash/Arrow panel today.

The busy producer gave an update on Supergirl’s casting process, the show’s tone and, yes, the potential for crossovers.

Question: Anything you can say about Supergirl and what the tone of that show is and also if we’re going to hear about casting soon?

Greg Berlanti: I hope you’re going to hear about casting soon or we’re not going to be able to make the pilot! I would say, tonally closer to Flash than Arrow. That’s probably the best way to say it.

Question: Do you mean it'll be more romantic?

Berlanti: Well the nature of the character is a bit, and who we have in her life and who we’re surrounding her with. Also, tonally, I thought of those kind of characters as [strongly] DC Universe and I’m sure Geoff [Johns] would agree. And they both died in Crisis of Infinite Earths! So they’re similar.

Question: Is there crossover potential for Supergirl with Arrow or The Flash?

Berlanti: So much has to go right for us to be able to make a great show. Again, I think of myself as like if I were watching them, I would want to see that. But we have to get so many things right to make a good show and so much of it is luck, unfortunately.

Question: People have been clamoring to see a female superhero have her own project. Can you talk about how you’re approaching the idea of a female in the superhero world?

Berlanti: That was really important to all of us when we set out on working on it and it was really important to DC and it was really important to the women I’m working on the show with and the women that work in the studio and the women that work at the network. In a lot of ways, I’m surrounded by more women on the project that could answer that question better.

Question: Are you looking at things like what didn’t work in the Wonder Woman pilot?

Berlanti: I think it’s more, for us, always more learning from our own mistakes and our own successes. So a show like Arrow and Flash, without stuff I learned on Eli Stone and No Ordinary Family probably wouldn’t exist in terms of visual effects or stunts or things like that. And storywise, what we learn on these shows, a thing that we always learn is just how important casting is. If you’re right on the money and you have the kind of actors we have on these shows, it just makes you look so much better.

Question: How’s the casting process coming? What are the challenges?

Berlanti: As with all these things, there’s only one person, right? That’s the thing. I can’t imagine someone other than a lot of our actors playing these roles so I feel like you’re always just looking for who’s that person.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...ergirl-casting-and-the-big-crossover-question

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
CBS Says Supergirl/Flash/Arrow Crossover Unlikely

CBS President of CBS Nina Tassler gives updates on a potential Supergirl crossover with CW's Flash and Arrow, plus why it's good for CBS.

12 JAN 2015 BY ROTH CORNET

supergirljpg-c995f9_160w.jpg

As CBS moves forward with the Supergirl series they have in development, fans have been wondering if Kara will exist in the same universe as The CW's Arrow and The Flash. CBS co-owns The CW and executive producer Greg Berlanti is behind all three series, so it seemed a natural fit.

CW president Mark Pedowitz said he was open to a cohesive universe between the three and Berlanti said that in putting himself in the mind of a viewer that he would want to see that. Adding, "But we have to get so many things right to make a good show and so much of it is luck, unfortunately."

At today's TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, Presdent of CBS Nina Tassler seemed less inclined to join forces with the already-existing series. "Well, those two shows [The Flash and Arrow] are on a different network," Tassler said. "So I think we'll keep Supergirl to ourselves for awhile."

As far as who may step in to play the iconic character, Tassler said, "When you've got a brand like that, it'd be great to have somebody new."

One question that's been asked repeatedly is: What makes Supergirl a good fit for CBS?

To that, Tassler cites her role in the development of Lois and Clark for ABC. "These are human dramas," she reflected. "And in terms of the public, there are so many superheroes portrayed in film. And there's been an evolution in regards to the way they are portrayed. They have humanity, they're flawed."

As far as Supergirl herself is concerned, Tassler describes the character as "infinitely relatable" and the show a "great adventure" series. The network head says it was the pitch that ultimately sold them on the series.

"It's a wonderful amalgamation of the mythology of the character with a coming of age tale," she explained. "She's a very strong, independent young woman and she's coming into her own. She's dealing with family issues. She's dealing with work issues. And it's a female-empowerment story, which if you look at the strong female characters we have on the air, it really is resonate to that."

We will keep you updated as details on the Supergirl series emerge.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...oubtful-about-a-supergirlflasharrow-crossover

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If the ratings aren't stellar right out the gate I guarantee we start seeing crossovers with the quickness.