"Supergirl" TV show thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm on you and @satam55 side on this argument, but the bolded point is wrong.

CW is perpetually last placed in the ratings, including 18-35. Their best rated show is Vampire Diaries and that only averages a 1.0 in 18-35.

In comparison, a show that I liked a lot, Suburgatory averaged a 1.57 on ABC and was cancelled, and just for comparisons sake, The Big Bang Theory gets a 5.0 in 18-35.

Where CW claims it does well (with no numbers given to back it up) is in their "streaming" service. They say the people who they're aiming at (teenage to early 20's girls) watch most of their shows that way, but like I said, they don't give their numbers out.
Do advertisers even give a damn about streaming though? They don't even care about DVR shows all that much. And nobody is going to get pay similar ad rates for an online ad that they would for a televised commercial.

I do miss Suburgatory though. That show was very underrated.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Do advertisers even give a damn about streaming though? They don't even care about DVR shows all that much. And nobody is going to get pay similar ad rates for an online ad that they would for a televised commercial.

I don't think advertisers care about streaming, but I also don't know why CW is considered a real network, when it should be considered niche. Besides a few things I don't watch, like Arrow, nothing on it's network has "mass" appeal.

They cater specifically to girls, all their shows are full of attractive people who can't really act, but they're held to the same standard as CBS, ABC etc.

And I'm glad someone else liked Suburgatory. It was a legit funny show, and the amount of "black" or "Hip-Hop" jokes in it (at least one an episode) made me sure there's a black dude in the writers room somewhere lol

Cheryl Hines came back from somewhere with Tessa and said "Thanks for being the ODB to my Mariah"

That was the most Hip-Hop joke in the 13/14 TV season lol

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think advertisers care about streaming, but I also don't know why CW is considered a real network, when it should be considered niche. Besides a few things I don't watch, like Arrow, nothing on it's network has "mass" appeal.

They cater specifically to girls, all their shows are full of attractive people who can't really act, but they're held to the same standard as CBS, ABC etc.

And I'm glad someone else liked Suburgatory. It was a legit funny show, and the amount of "black" or "Hip-Hop" jokes in it (at least one an episode) made me sure there's a black dude in the writers room somewhere lol

Cheryl Hines came back from somewhere with Tessa and said "Thanks for being the ODB to my Mariah"

There were tons of subliminal jokes like that in Suburgatory. It was also legit funny and probably the funniest show on ABC all last season.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
of all the stupid TV show ideas, this one has to rank up there. all the outrage over the lack of female action stars is warranted, how many fukkin times do we have to go over the fact that female led action movies/shows fail at like a 90% rate. there have been maybe 5 iconic female action heroes and it's not because of a lack of trying. no one wants to fukkin watch girls kick ass, it's a stupid concept.

that being said... this is even worse. superman is lame as fukk, so they're gonna give us Supergirl? Would you watch Batgirl? The only chance a female superhero has is if she's in an esemble. You really think a Wonder Woman is gonna be anywhere near the quality of a male led superhero movie? No chance. But if you pair her with others, it'll probably work. it's not sexism, it's realism, and there's no point prancing her around in her "sexy" costume when you could probably download half hour videos of a girl dressed as Supergirl licking a girl painted as Green Lantern's a$$hole in about 43 seconds if you look for it.

ideas like this annoy me more than any reboot or sequel

That literally makes zero sense and is the very definition of sexism bruh :mjlol:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
In comparison, a show that I liked a lot, Suburgatory averaged a 1.57 on ABC and was cancelled, and just for comparisons sake, The Big Bang Theory gets a 5.0 in 18-35.

There were tons of subliminal jokes like that in Suburgatory. It was also legit funny and probably the funniest show on ABC all last season.
Hell Malik and Lisa strutted out to their wedding to rich homie quan.

:ohhh: I might check out the Pilot.

:noah:Jane Levy & Cheryl Hines

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I love Cheryl Hines and her big ass mouth lol
:ohlawd:
qaj8bj.gif

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

A couple of pivotal casting descriptions have come out regarding the new Supergirl TV series, which CBS has given an official series commitment.

Supergirl: First Character Breakdowns Surface

Posted by: Craig Byrne, Editor-In-Chief October 30, 2014

Supergirl is in development for CBS from Executive Producers Ali Adler, Greg Berlanti, and Sarah Schechter, and TV Line has gotten a hold of the casting breakdowns for the pilot, which means the Girl of Steel (can we call her the "Woman of Steel" by now?) is closer than before.

Supergirl-54-197x300.jpg

Here's what we learned from the TV Line feature:

For Kara Zor-El, also known as Kara Danvers, the show is looking for Caucasian females between 22 and 26 to play 24. In this version of the story, Kara was sent to Earth from a dying Krypton at age 12. She was taken in by the Danvers family, who taught her to use caution with her amazing abilities. For more than a decade, Kara repressed using those skills, but then she had to use her abilities in public during an unexpected disaster. The TV Line breakdown says that Kara is energized for the first time in her life after that heroism, and she begins to embrace her abilities in the interest of helping the people of her city, getting a super-name along the way.

But that's not the only character being cast right now!Kara has an older foster sister named Alexandra "Alex" Danvers who is described as "gorgeous, brilliant, and science-minded." Growing up, Alex had some jealousy as well as fascination with her sister's abilities, which helped fuel her interest in alien anthropology, sociology, and culture. Alex works for a secret government organization. Not gonna lie, the letters "L-E-X" in her name make us a little nervous.

We are assuming that David Rapaport, who handled casting for Arrow and The Flash, will be doing this one as well. Any casting choices? Leave them in the comments! You can read the TV Line feature here.

http://www.ksitetv.com/supergirl/supergirl-first-character-breakdowns-surface

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Kara Danvers is real close to Carol Danvers. I wonder if they'll change it between now and then.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Kara Danvers is real close to Carol Danvers. I wonder if they'll change it between now and then.
I see DC are still salty about Captain Marvel
Supergirl was going by the name Linda Danvers as a secret identity and being called Kara (her Kryptonian name) by Superman in 1965 long before anyone even thought of Carol "Ms Marvel/Capt. Marvel" Danvers.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I see DC are still salty about Captain Marvel
Supergirl was going by the name Linda Danvers as a secret identity and being called Kara (her Kryptonian name) by Superman in 1965 long before anyone even thought of Carol "Ms Marvel/Capt. Marvel" Danvers.

:snoop: I can't believe this is gonna air on CBS. I hope they do the right thing and end up handing it off their sister network The CW.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I know that but they could have easily gone with something else