"Supergirl" TV show thread

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Where did you hear that?

it was revealed that The CW had passed on Supergirl, a lot of fans were disappointed as it meant they didn't have an epic "Arrow vs. Flash vs. Supergirl" crossover to look forward to next year! However, KSiteTV have come across a very interesting tidbit in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly which indicates that the three shows will still take place in the same universe and that a crossover is possible! "Later in the afternoon at his other office on the Warner Bros. lot, Berlanti meets with fellow producer Ali Adler and Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood to go over looks for their upcoming revamp of Supergirl. The show will follow 24-year-old Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin, and with a twist that that could melt fanboy brains, Berlanti says it's possible this Supergirl could enter the worlds of Arrow and The Flash." Greg Berlanti is a producer on both Arrow and The Flash, and is developing Supergirl at CBS with No Ordinary Family's Ali Adler. If anyone knows about the possibility of a crossover, it's him, so start getting excited! What would you guys like to see from a crossover between the three?

Pretty sure it'll happen since WB and CBS each own half of CW

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
supergirl-xxx-foto16.jpg

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES / THE ORIGINALS' CLAIRE **** UP FOR SUPERGIRL

The actress is among those testing for the role of Kara Zor El.

1 DEC 2014 BY LAYNE MORGAN

We have our first casting possibility for a much sought after role, as word comes that CW veteran Claire **** is in contention to play Supergirl. The Wrapreported the news, revealing **** is among those testing to star in in the series. **** is best known for playing Rebekah Mikaelson on the CW's The Vampire Diaries and its spinoff, The Originals.

OR01_MY_Rebekah_0284r-720x405.jpg

Claire **** as Rebekah Mikaelson in The Originals.

Supergirl has already received a series commitment from CBS, and will follow the story of Kara Zor El, who has spent her life hiding her powers, before deciding "to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be."

Supergirl is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash) is executive producing alongside Ali Adler (Chuck, No Ordinary Family)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12...es-the-originals-claire-****-up-for-supergirl

Last edited:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
:dahell: Based on having watched "Superman: The Animated Series" & the "Superman/Batman: Apocalypse" direct to Blu-ray animated move, I just realized a "Supergirl" TV show would basically be a "Smallville" reboot, with Supergirl/Kara Kent being the main character instead.

@Jello Biafra @prophecypro @bythepowercosmic Is that the jist of it?
Traditionally yes... cause Kara lived with Kal (Supes) during her supergirl phase... but she is suposed to be a teen... i.e. SuperGIRL. If they have her as a 24 year woman the whole thing is off from the get-go.
In the comics you don't ever really see her that old cause sometime before she grows that old she ends up getting whisked away to the future to hang out with the Legion of Superheroes.

http://superman.wikia.com/wiki/Supergirl_and_the_Legion_of_Super-Heroes

So IDK what the hell is going on with this from a canon perspective. Its basically just all new. No ties to anything. There is another supergirl who is an angel (kind of) but she is waaaaay less known... plus they already announced the main character as Kara, so it should be the alien version that is supes cousin, not the angel version (Linda Danvers)

678656-supergirl1.jpg

Name might not mean much though because they are calling flash Barry but its basically Wally with some Barry sprinkled in.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:dahell: Based on having watched "Superman: The Animated Series"/DCAU & the "Superman/Batman: Apocalypse" direct to Blu-ray animated move, I just realized a "Supergirl" TV show would basically be a "Smallville" reboot, with Supergirl/Kara Kent being the main character instead.

@Jello Biafra @prophecypro @bythepowercosmic Is that the jist of it?
Traditionally yes... cause Kara lived with Kal (Supes) during her supergirl phase... but she is suposed to be a teen... i.e. SuperGIRL. If they have her as a 24 year woman the whole thing is off from the get-go.
In the comics you don't ever really see her that old cause sometime before she grows that old she ends up getting whisked away to the future to hang out with the Legion of Superheroes.

So IDK what the hell is going on with this from a canon perspective. Its basically just all new. No ties to anything. There is another supergirl who is an angel (kind of) but she is waaaaay less known... plus they already announced the main character as Kara, so it should be the alien version that is supes cousin, not the angel version (Linda Danvers)

678656-supergirl1.jpg

Name might not mean much though because they are calling flash Barry but its basically Wally with some Barry sprinkled in.

:ohhh: I just remembered they ended up doing that on "Justice League Unlimited"/DCAU. I also think they might've done that on "Smallville".

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

678656-supergirl1.jpg

She never got stuck in the future with the Legion though; she would always come and go as she pleased. And she was a grown ass woman with a career and everything by the time she got killed in The Crisis On infinite Earths miniseries.
All of that means nothing anyway because canon gets tossed in the bushes when it comes to film and TV adaptations. In these situations they just take parts of the entire character's history and use what they want. That is why they can make her the only Kryptonian if they want to.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
She never got stuck in the future with the Legion though; she would always come and go as she pleased. And she was a grown ass woman with a career and everything by the time she got killed in The Crisis On infinite Earths miniseries.
All of that means nothing anyway because canon gets tossed in the bushes when it comes to film and TV adaptations. In these situations they just take parts of the entire character's history and use what they want. That is why they can make her the only Kryptonian if they want to.
Yeah but CoIE was written simply to kill people and retcon things (one of them being peoples ages). That was the whole point of them doing it.
You are right about them using pastiches of the characters. She is likely to have elements of all the supergirls, superboy and superman also.
By season 2 she'll have a white dog. Calling it now.

I hope she at least bleaches her roots.
http://www.celebritiesheight.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Claire-****.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah but CoIE was written simply to kill people and retcon things (one of them being peoples ages). That was the whole point of them doing it.
You are right about them using pastiches of the characters. She is likely to have elements of all the supergirls, superboy and superman also.
By season 2 she'll have a white dog. Calling it now.

I hope she at least bleaches her roots.
http://www.celebritiesheight.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Claire-****.jpg
But the pre-Crisis Supergirl was a full grown woman operating as a solo super-hero by the time the Crisis rolled around and they killed her.
They just went back to introducing her as a teenager with the million reboots the character has had since then. The show is just going to skip the teenage intro stuff.
I do agree she will have a white dog named Krypto before too long though.
Probably one of them tiny toy lap dogs.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
But the pre-Crisis Supergirl was a full grown woman operating as a solo super-hero by the time the Crisis rolled around and they killed her.
They just went back to introducing her as a teenager with the million reboots the character has had since then. The show is just going to skip the teenage intro stuff.
I do agree she will have a white dog named Krypto before too long though.
Probably one of them tiny toy lap dogs.
Ugh... I didn't even think about the type of dog. Don't say that. It better not be a chihauhauh or something stupid to try and modernize it.

If they skip her as a teen then the white belly shirt/skirt is out. But I feel like they are not gonna show her bare legs or middrift for some reason anyway.
So you think they are gonna use a new costume? Cause I don't see them using the onepiece swimsuit new 52 style either. I bet she is gonna be wearing jeans or something stupid.