"Supergirl" TV show thread

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
:mindblown: & :bryan:At the amount of Superman references in this week's episode. It was over the top & ridiculous.

I was binge watching it on demand and I felt the same way. Also, it's annoying how the show constantly has its characters say that women can be powerful too, when it's no need to say it since we can see it on the show(Supergirls boss being a billionaire female, Supergirls mom, the Kryptonian General).

Also Kara's white friend is annoying, he stay simping yet knows she doesn't like him.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Ratings are plummeting by the week and it's cheesy but the cgi is pretty good and as a dude that watched smallville I think I was owed this

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I really enjoyed the pilot a lot more then i expected

its like if they let smallville did they season 11 with a full blown superman

i tend to enjoy these feminist type action shows like buffy, alias, veronica mars etc

i enjoy pretty white girls doing interesting shyt :yeshrug:

:francis: It's amazing to me with as many Big Names on the cast & crew of "Alias" that it doesn't get talked about more often.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
EDIT:
Breakdown of "What's to come this season" promo:

Supergirl Episode 2 Trailer Breakdown. Red Tornado, Lucy Lane Superwoman, Maxwell Lord, Phantom Zone, The Flash Season 2 and Batman v Superman Multiverse

:ohhh: I didn't know that Lucy Lane was a superpowered Hero in the comics.

Also didn't realize this show was copying the tone from Christopher Reeves "Superman" movies.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
EDIT:
Breakdown:

The Flash Season 2 Episode 6 Trailer Enter Zoom, Supergirl Episode 3 Trailer, Reactron Explained. The Flash vs Zoom Theories Henry Allen and Cyborg Superman

:lupe: So this Maxwell Lord character introduced this week, is basically gonna be the Defacto Lex Luthor (or The Kingpin) character on this show?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:francis: It's amazing to me with as many Big Names on the cast & crew of "Alias" that it doesn't get talked about more often.
it and 24 were the 1st movie budget tv shows but truth be told perhaps the reasons alias isn't romanticized is it was a 2 season show that hurt it legacy each passing season after. Garner's film career also hasn't helped