"Supergirl" TV show thread

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Y'know for a show that wants separate itself from superman they really do like to mention him a lot. I think they mentioned kara's cousin like 6 times this episode.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
So Estes from Homeland is some kind of alien too :ohhh:

Kara just wants to hug her mother :sadcam:

I did like the fact she is going to train to fight.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just saw the pilot, might be early to call but this show seems better than arrow and flash :leon:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Take a shot every time Kara says 'my cousin' and you'll be tipsy halfway through the episode :pachaha:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Y'know for a show that wants separate itself from superman they really do like to mention him a lot. I think they mentioned kara's cousin like 6 times this episode.
What about this show makes you think they want to separate from Superman at all. They had the opportunity to make a show set in the Arrow/Flash TV universe where Superman didn't exist and that would have made Supergirl the only Kryptonian but they went with the "Cousin of Superman" angle, are using a grip of Superman's supporting cast and constantly mention Superman in every episode.
They are embracing Superman like he is a security blanket.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
What about this show makes you think they want to separate from Superman at all. They had the opportunity to make a show set in the Arrow/Flash TV universe where Superman didn't exist and that would have made Supergirl the only Kryptonian but they went with the "Cousin of Superman" angle, are using a grip of Superman's supporting cast and constantly mention Superman in every episode.
They are embracing Superman like he is a security blanket.

Well I figured since the show is all "girl power" n stuff they'd stray away from mentioning her cousin so much and focus on her.