"Supergirl" TV show thread

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I just finished the 2nd episode of SUPERGIRL. This show got potential. Unlike with Flash, which I compare this show as the female version of that show, I care little of the subplots with her relationship at the workplace. It's like blah, blah, blah... lets get back to the main story. With that said, it is still a decent episode, especially the last 15 minutes of it.

It ALSO goes to show you why BATMAN always can beat SUPERMAN. This episode makes it a bit known that just merely having superpowers isn't all you need to defeat competition and the true "heroes" in my opinion were the MORTALS through a knowledge of combative wisdom and prepared weaponry can take on someone of more super-powered abilities. Supergirl ain't shyt shyt, but be in the way
Doom would of made Superman a slave almost from the get go. I remember when I first went to a site called Comixtreme and started a gang of $hit when I created a thread that made history "Does Superman stand any chance against Dr. Doom?"..that fukking argument went forever. Those fanatics wouldn't shut the fukk up..they REFUSED to believe Doom, who has outsmarted Galactus and Surfer, could prep and punk Superman because Superman has his infamous "SPEED BLITZ" gimmick that gets him out of any and all defeats apparently:laugh:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I really enjoyed the pilot a lot more then i expected

its like if they let smallville did they season 11 with a full blown superman

i tend to enjoy these feminist type action shows like buffy, alias, veronica mars etc

i enjoy pretty white girls doing interesting shyt :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I really enjoyed the pilot a lot more then i expected

its like if they let smallville did they season 11 with a full blown superman

i tend to enjoy these feminist type action shows like buffy, alias, veronica mars etc

i enjoy pretty white girls doing interesting shyt :yeshrug:

Word for word and I thought the second episode was a lot better too

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
While running, its flash of course... Superman cant catch him, i would expect kara not to catch him either... :pachaha:

In the comics Superman can't catch him safely but he can catch him if he wants. (Some of the stuff he can do can rip apart the earth or hurt bystanders)

In the tv-verse he can catch him no problem, unless Flash has gotten faster by several orders of magnitude since season one (I'm not caught up).
Cause in the Flash pilot he is only going around 300 mph which is nothing. Thats slower than the slowest speedster, compatatively. Translated to the comics that speed would barely get him a gig as sidekick to some minor Flash character like Jesse Quick.

So tv Superman would lap him cause he is shown zooming past jets, making him at least several times as fast as something going about 1000-2000 mph.

But like I said, I imagine they are making him faster and faster each episode/season (hopefully). I am not caught up to the current episode. Anyone know his topspeed? Have they showed him run around the world yet... and if so in what time?

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
they didn't say that. if i recall, the show runner said it wouldn't happen in s1.

also CW is owned by CBS
There are lots of cross-network crossovers over the years. Some shyt didn't even really make sense.
There is an episode of Seinfeld where Kramer becomes an extra on Murphy Brown :dead:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
In the comics Superman can't catch him safely but he can catch him if he wants. (Some of the stuff he can do can rip apart the earth or hurt bystanders)

In the tv-verse he can catch him no problem, unless Flash has gotten faster by several orders of magnitude since season one (I'm not caught up).
Cause in the Flash pilot he is only going around 300 mph which is nothing. Thats slower than the slowest speedster, compatatively. Translated to the comics that speed would barely get him a gig as sidekick to some minor Flash character like Jesse Quick.

So tv Superman would lap him cause he is shown zooming past jets, making him at least several times as fast as something going about 1000-2000 mph.

But like I said, I imagine they are making him faster and faster each episode/season (hopefully). I am not caught up to the current episode. Anyone know his topspeed? Have they showed him run around the world yet... and if so in what time?
well if you're doing "tv-verse" as a whole, flash was able to outrun clark backpedaling in smallville :heh:...that was bart allen tho :jbhmm:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
I just watched the first 2 eps. So far its just :ehh: to me. The characters i find interesting so far is supergi, her sis, and the black general. Everybody else is kinda corny to me.
The action is a mix bag as well. The airplane scene in the pilot was :ooh:
The fight scenes when they're doing hand to hand looks basic as hell. For people with super powers they seem to move slow as hell when they're fighting:patrice: i wish they filmed the fight scenes like flash, which makes the fighting look next level.
They gotta stop refrencing supes every 5 mins. "He wouldnt do it that way/ or he said hes proud of you". :martin:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I just watched the first 2 eps. So far its just :ehh: to me. The characters i find interesting so far is supergi, her sis, and the black general. Everybody else is kinda corny to me.
The action is a mix bag as well. The airplane scene in the pilot was :ooh:
The fight scenes when they're doing hand to hand looks basic as hell. For people with super powers they seem to move slow as hell when they're fighting:patrice: i wish they filmed the fight scenes like flash, which makes the fighting look next level.
They gotta stop refrencing supes every 5 mins. "He wouldnt do it that way/ or he said hes proud of you". :martin:

why? she just started. It makes sense she'd be compared to him.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
no different than us referencing the flash or arrow in a supergirl show thread

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

He ran back in time twice so far and can now run fast enough to create around 20+ speed mirages/afterimages

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
well if you're doing "tv-verse" as a whole, flash was able to outrun clark backpedaling in smallville :heh:...that was bart allen tho :jbhmm:
Bart Allen (Impulse) is faster than Barry who is faster than Wally who is faster than Jay... in that order usually.
But remember, thats not Superman, its Superboy basically.

On Young Justice, Wally West gets pissed off cause Barry and Bart are talking at super-speed and they are so much faster than him he can't follow the conversation.
:dead: He can only make out every 5th word.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Bart Allen (Impulse) is faster than Barry who is faster than Wally who is faster than Jay... in that order usually.
But remember, thats not Superman, its Superboy basically.

On Young Justice, Wally West gets pissed off cause Barry and Bart are talking at super-speed and they are so much faster than him he can't follow the conversation.
:dead: He can only make out every 5th word.

Wally is the fastest, then Barry and Bart

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Wally is the fastest, then Barry and Bart
Is that from the New 52?

Cause Wally's brain is not capable of being the fastest.
To give you an example, if Wally West reads a book at super speed his retention is the same as a person that has read the book at normal speed. He will remember some things and have already forgotten others. Bart will retain the entire book as part of his short term memory as if everything he read was told to him as a sentance. (I hope I am explaining that clearly)

Wally's metabolism also has him eating all the time. Bart doesn't have this problem or most of the other speedster weaknesses because he is the genetic result of generations of speedsters weeding out those issues.

He is more evolved than Wally by leaps and bounds. He can reach speeds that would kill the other Flashes (and have).

EDIT: I tried to look it up but keep getting sidetracked by pics of Flash losing to ridiculous ppl like Road Runner and Sonic the Hedgehog. :dead:

940122-impossible_man___coim_by_patchmadripoor.jpg

I love the internet. :mjlol:

Last edited: