"Supergirl" TV show thread

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
2rcv60x.png

Yea that friend of hers has go to go :camby:

These feminine ass tendencies...feels like he is the gay best friend...goes from wanting to fukk her,she tells him the truth and he acts like a fruity sidekick all of a sudden?:what:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I just watched and it was pretty good. I like that they got all of the BS out of the way, early. I wonder if the narration stays throughout the series.

The best friend is entirely too gay to even mention as a love interest. And professional athlete/model Jimmy is a bit too much. I wonder if Helen Slater & Dean Cain make any more appearances.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Strap on your tights because the Supergirl pilot for CBS has leaked — and the buzz is actually pretty good. Dan Casey heads into the Phantom Zone to bring us the lowdown on the leak on Nerdist News.

Supergirl pilot leaks six months early in full HD

By James Vincent on May 25, 2015 05:17 am

sg.0.0.jpg

The first episode of CBS's forthcoming Supergirl series has leaked online a full six months before it was scheduled to air. Two versions of the 46-minute episode (one in full HD and another in lower resolution) made their way onto torrenting sites late last week, with BitTorrent news site TorrentFreakdescribing the leak as a "complete surprise" to the pirating community. As seen in the six-minute trailer for the series released earlier this month, the pilot shows former Glee star Melissa Benoist as Superman's cousin Kara Zor-El (known as Kara Danvers to us humans), struggling to get to grips with both her newfound powers and the harrowing trial that is life in New York City.

"Less damaging than the Game of Thrones leak"

The pilot is reportedly free of any watermarks or warnings that might distinguish it as an advanced screening copy, leading some to speculate that the supposed leak is actually a marketing ploy by CBS to generate positive buzz. Unlike the leak of the first four episodes of Game of Thrones season five last month (which HBO blamed on early screeners), this incident isn't likely to affect Supergirl's viewing figuressimply because the show's debut is still so far away. Early responses to the pilot have also been broadly positive — good news for CBS after a mixed reaction to the frothy, Devil Wears Prada feel of the show's trailer.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/25/8654311/supergirl-pilot-leak-hd

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Lois and Clarke SuperMan is her dad?!?!:dwillhuh:

fukkery :lolbron:

this bytch bland than a muthafukka

edit: oh this shyt kinda POPPIN! :ohhh:

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
How does Calista Flockheart look younger now than she did years ago on Ally McBeal?

Is it a rule that they can't say Superman? "him" "cousin" "big guy" "man in blue" are all :camby: status

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
In comparison, a show that I liked a lot, Suburgatory averaged a 1.57 on ABC and was cancelled, and just for comparisons sake, The Big Bang Theory gets a 5.0 in 18-35.

I do miss Suburgatory though. That show was very underrated.

And I'm glad someone else liked Suburgatory. It was a legit funny show, and the amount of "black" or "Hip-Hop" jokes in it (at least one an episode) made me sure there's a black dude in the writers room somewhere lol

Cheryl Hines came back from somewhere with Tessa and said "Thanks for being the ODB to my Mariah"

That was the most Hip-Hop joke in the 13/14 TV season lol

Hell Malik and Lisa strutted out to their wedding to rich homie quan.

:ohhh: I might check out the Pilot.

:noah:Jane Levy & Cheryl Hines

I love Cheryl Hines and her big ass mouth lol

She dresses like that in every episode.

Add that to the showing being legitimately funny, and you've got yourself a winner.

I highly recommend the show.

@MartyMcFly

:ehh: I finally got into "Suburgatory" this past weekend off the strength of enjoying "Selfie". This shyt good & easy to get into.

:huhldup:The only thing that bothers me this basic AF-looking chick Lisa that supposed to be Randy from "The Wire" eventual love interest.

:francis:They should've made Jane Levy his love interest.