"Supergirl" TV show thread

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
There a reason they refuse to call "him" by name? And are we to believe Superman dropped her off 10 years ago and pulled the ill dip move?

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Watched the pilot, I thought it was ok, definitely reminded me of the first episode of The Flash.

Lets hope it keeps up in future episodes and not trip over itself like Arrow.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There a reason they refuse to call "him" by name? And are we to believe Superman dropped her off 10 years ago and pulled the ill dip move?

She called by name. He even showed up in the beginning intro too. But I feel they're sticking with the messianic christ-like persona that virtual untouchable.

Also, Kara presumed she was dropped off to foster parents without knowledge that she's actually being protected from that clan that escaped the Phantom Zone with her.

The question that I see nobody is asking....
is that supposed to be Kal-El's mother or they have another aunt?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Pilot was fun, and that's coming from someone who's never watched any of these live action comic book tv shows.

She looked a lot better/more attractive face-wise than she did in that first glamor pose they released of her in costume. Of course not much of a body, but we've known that for a while now.

I liked all the characters, except for her sister. The plot for the show works and opens it up for different villains each time. I also like the special effects they use. It'll be interesting how they manage that as the series continues though.

all3rd

All Star
Daps
Show looks straight on my KODI/XBMC, but the first episode halfway is really bland.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Watching now, good so far. Does this mean we could see Superman in The Arrowverse?

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Wasn't feeling the music at all :smh:

Seeing a nerdy lame Supergirl and Brolic cool Jimmy Olsen was weird af

The actor playing Supergirl just felt uncomfortable

Supergirl's hair should be more blonde

The ambiguous references to Superman got annoying after a while

Vartox isn't a villain nor does he have horns.....wtf :mindblown: there are a host of actual villains they could have used instead

Heat vision being blue? wtf

:pacspit: her bytch ass sister

Effects were dope :obama:

They really should've just done a Powergirl series instead though...it could've worked perfectly. The flash ending with that wormhole opened possibilities of multiple realities.