"Supergirl" TV show thread

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
:dahell:

The Flash is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than this rubbish with a much, much "cooler" character and way better actors. Jesse Martin, TC shyt on everybody on Supergirl.

Please don't blaspheme against the Goat show on TV currently by comparing it to this show that's going to be off the air in two years. :sadcam:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Flash is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than this rubbish with a much, much "cooler" character and way better actors. Jesse Martin, TC shyt on everybody on Supergirl.

Please don't blaspheme against the Goat show on TV currently by comparing it to this show that's going to be off the air in two years. :sadcam:

Supergirl pilot >>> Flash pilot.

YEA, I SAID IT! :ufdup:

Barry started off awkward and tried to fight the 1st Weather Wizard just by running. Kara actually FOUGHT another superpowered being on some MoS Smallville battle type shyt. Plus, it ALREADY set up the whole premise of what the season will be about storywise. and quickly established who's the main antagonist is while still questioning the mystery behind it.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Besides WHY have doubts with the SAME PEOPLE who did the The Flash that's doing this show???

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Supergirl pilot >>> Flash pilot.

YEA, I SAID IT! :ufdup:

Barry started off awkward and tried to fight the 1st Weather Wizard just by running. Kara actually FOUGHT another superpowered being on some MoS Smallville battle type shyt. Plus, it ALREADY set up the whole premise of what the season will be about storywise. and quickly established who's the main antagonist is while still questioning the mystery behind it.

No. No. No. Lol.

^^^^ This little monologue by Wells >>>>> anything that happened in the Supergirl pilot.

Supergirl is a HORRIBLE character, breh. That's why I doubt it, and why it's going to be off the air in two years. They had it hit it out the park with the casting(s), theme, etc., to even have a chance. They needed some Hans Zimmer shyt for the theme, and they came out with something wholly forgettable.

Let's keep it all the way real, who exactly is going to watch this show? The female lead isn't attractive enough or charismatic enough to shoehorn in a male demographic solely off her looks. You have men admitting to that in this thread. I'm personally as "pro-woman" as any heterosexual man I know. I'm down with bell hooks and "Feminism is for Everybody." I'm down with Cordellia Fine and Delusions of Gender and so forth. I don't consider myself a feminist for a variety of reasons, but I "get" it. You'll never see me refer to a woman as a bytch or a hoe. Yet, with all that being said I have absolutely no interest in watching a coming of age tale of a female heroine. Not as poorly as they seem like they're about to do it. "Why? Because she's a girl?" :dahell:

Basically, that leaves super comic book heads and a younger demographic of females. With the quality of what this show appears to be, yeah, this shyt is going to be a flop. It would have had a better chance being a CW show as it might have gained a cult following and had enough success to stay on the air; but, with the bread that CBS is going to be investing and when them ratings start looking funny in the light :usure:.

There's a reason that this shyt was leaked. I generally don't buy the whole the company leaked it themselves conspiracy, but I feel confident in saying that they leaked it. No watermarks or anything? This early? They're skittish on the show themselves and want to see what the reaction is.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz

Im not giving this show 2 months:dahell:
It might last 2 weeks on a regular time slot, than its moving to fri nights:rip:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. No. No. Lol.

^^^^ This little monologue by Wells >>>>> anything that happened in the Supergirl pilot.

Supergirl is a HORRIBLE character, breh. That's why I doubt it, and why it's going to be off the air in two years. They had it hit it out the park with the casting(s), theme, etc., to even have a chance. They needed some Hans Zimmer shyt for the theme, and they came out with something wholly forgettable.

Let's keep it all the way real, who exactly is going to watch this show? The female lead isn't attractive enough or charismatic enough to shoehorn in a male demographic solely off her looks. You have men admitting to that in this thread. I'm personally as "pro-woman" as any heterosexual man I know. I'm down with bell hooks and "Feminism is for Everybody." I'm down with Cordellia Fine and Delusions of Gender and so forth. I don't consider myself a feminist for a variety of reasons, but I "get" it. You'll never see me refer to a woman as a bytch or a hoe. Yet, with all that being said I have absolutely no interest in watching a coming of age tale of a female heroine. Not as poorly as they seem like they're about to do it. "Why? Because she's a girl?" :dahell:

Basically, that leaves super comic book heads and a younger demographic of females. With the quality of what this show appears to be, yeah, this shyt is going to be a flop. It would have had a better chance being a CW show as it might have gained a cult following and had enough success to stay on the air; but, with the bread that CBS is going to be investing and when them ratings start looking funny in the light :usure:.

There's a reason that this shyt was leaked. I generally don't buy the whole the company leaked it themselves conspiracy, but I feel confident in saying that they leaked it. No watermarks or anything? This early? They're skittish on the show themselves and want to see what the reaction is.

Something tells me you didn't EVEN watch the pilot and just got it in your mind that it'll suck for the generalized reasons you already stated which is you feel Supergirl in general is a "horrible character".

So it's no point in telling you that you maybe missing out... because the way the pilot established somethings, this going to be a dope season. Maybe if you put your own chauvinistic values aside and watch it as just ANY typical coming of age hero rather than a "female heroine"... you would enjoy it more. The show isn't no less different in style from The Flash.... yet your apprehensions are mainly due to her being a female show catering to woman empowerment it appears. As of right now, you sound like those Men Right's crybabies hating Mad Max Fury Road for the same reasons you complain about this show.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Something tells me you didn't EVEN watch the pilot and just got it in your mind that it'll suck for the generalized reasons you already stated which is you feel Supergirl in general is a "horrible character".

So it's no point in telling you that you maybe missing out... because the way the pilot established somethings, this going to be a dope season. Maybe if you put your own chauvinistic values aside and watch it as just ANY typical coming of age hero rather than a "female heroine"... you would enjoy it more. The show isn't no less different in style from The Flash.... yet your apprehensions are mainly due to her being a female show catering to woman empowerment it appears. As of right now, you sound like those Men Right's crybabies hating Mad Max Fury Road for the same reasons you complain about this show.
Haven't seen Mad Max yet but from the trailer I had a feeling it would be more mad maxin than mad max (all chauvinism ) lol. Still gone watch both tho:manny: