"Supergirl" TV show thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:what: You just admitted you quit watching during Season 2. How would you know??!!! He only dated the sista for short time. .
2 seasons is enough time to see once he broke it off with a cast member it was like it never happened. Wheras with his co stars that dated there would always be awkwardness and the possibility of rehashing. Shyt like that wasn't subtle, they aren't likely to have changed that further seasons along, :why:
People forget that CBS has ownership in The CW :laugh:
I am just going off the link dude provided and it stated this trash won't be connected to cw's :francis:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:what: You just admitted you quit watching during Season 2. How would you know??!!! He only dated the sista for short time. "90210" (Along with "House of Lies") Has the most Black Man-White Women IR I've ever seen on a TV show.
2 seasons is enough time to see once he broke it off with a cast member it was like it never happened. Wheras with his co stars that dated there would always be awkwardness and the possibility of rehashing. Shyt like that wasn't subtle, they aren't likely to have changed that further seasons along, :why:
:snoop: I watched through the show last year, that isn't true. The girl he was dating in Season 1 was trying to get back with him until she caught him messing with the sista.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't think Smallville ever had a good read on just what type of character Lana was supposed to be so they had her bouncing all over the place and changing personality and motivation on what seemed like a weekly basis. Plus they took way too long to let her in on Clark's secret. That is how the Chloe character got to become more popular than Lana because CHloe was let in on the secret and could then be written for in more interesting ways. Lana was always seen was a nagging wet blanket because Clark had to keep lying to her and she would then get annoyed with him.
Keeping the girlfriend character in the dark is why so many of them begin on the wrong side of the fandom...just look at the hate Laurel gets on Arrow and Iris gets on Flash.

You're right, but I never understood why they got mad at the women for being kept in the dark when that was circumstances of the plot and people got annoyed at them for being frustrated rather than the central heroes. :wtf:

I was always of the perspective that this was a fault on creative not on the actress/actor or the character per say. so I always found the hate to be a little stupid. At the same time, I also thought it was weird how the fandom would kind of like Lois and Chloe for essentially things they would blame Lana on (taking over episodes and having plot lines focused on them). Also it got weird how essentially the Lana hate would delve into a lot of victim blaming from fans ("Ugh she's so stupid, why is everyone stalking her and she always moaning about it?"....:dahell::heh:). Like you said, its kind of weird how the fans viewed it like it was somehow HER fault that Clark had to lie to her. Like of course of she's gonna be annoyed. That's on him.

You mention Laurel and Iris, and you're right I see that same kind of blame go to them, but what's interesting now is thanks to a tumblr/twitter generation of TV fandom and a more diverse perspective, I see a lot of people who are vocally defending both of those characters. Both the Flash and Arrow sites fandom that I peep have even started to hate Oliver himself and the concept of how they've forced "Olicity" or "Snowbarry" as a ship because that was a popular fanbase for the show online. Nowadays with all shows I see, a lot of people defend characters that are normally hated on with solid counter arguments (Skylar on Breaking Bad, Betty on Mad Men) and I just think people have become more smarter about seeing how writers pull off bad writing on characters that people are conditioned to unintentionally dislike (Usually women or people of color) and they call them out for it and end up kind of liking it. Makes me wonder how much better Smallville would have been and the characters had fandom being this much more sophisticated 10 years ago :mjcry:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:russ: So Brehs, we not gonna talk about this Big, Athletic, model-looking ass nikka playing Jimmy Olsen? I can see why Mehcad Brooks played a pro-basketball player on "Necessary Roughness".

:heh: When it was announced that a breh was casted as Jimmy Olson, I was expecting something much closer to Black nerd. That nikka look like he should be playing black Clark Kent instead.

:mjlol: I think I'm gonna be IN Day 1, just to see how this Love Triangle between Kara, Bedbuck Jimmy Olsen, & her suspect-ass :wrist:cac friend plays out.

Bruh think of all the Kara-Jimmy NC-17 fanfiction the fandom and shippers are gonna write from this show and post online that's gonna unlock the Mandingo fantasies of these white geek girls

:russ::russ::russ:

Glasses gonna be fogged up and everything.

:mjlol:@ Deviantart submissions too :deadmanny:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Laura will always be my SuperGirl
:mjcry:

VqAKIYs.jpg

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
The link doesn't even say it's never going to crossover yet people keep saying that's what the link says :mindblown:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:russ: So Brehs, we not gonna talk about this Big, Athletic, model-looking ass nikka playing Jimmy Olsen? I can see why Mehcad Brooks played a pro-basketball player on "Necessary Roughness".

:heh: When it was announced that a breh was casted as Jimmy Olson, I was expecting something much closer to Black nerd. That nikka look like he should be playing black Clark Kent instead.

:mjlol: I think I'm gonna be IN Day 1, just to see how this Love Triangle between Kara, Bedbuck Jimmy Olsen, & her suspect-ass :wrist:cac friend plays out.

Bruh think of all the Kara-Jimmy NC-17 fanfiction the fandom and shippers are gonna write from this show and post online that's gonna unlock the Mandingo fantasies of these white geek girls

:russ::russ::russ:

Glasses gonna be fogged up and everything.

:mjlol:@ Deviantart submissions too :deadmanny:

:ohhh: I didn't even think about that!! I always see you & @Jello Biafra talking about Fangirl shippers on social media in the "Arrow" & TVD threads, this might first time I actually pay attention to them.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
What are you talk about? The CBS execs, show producers, & actors are all openly saying "Supergirl" shares the same universe as "Arrow" & "The Flash".
My bad, I thought the word of Greg Berlanti, the series producer, would've been word enough :russ: