"Supergirl" TV show thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:russ: So Brehs, we not gonna talk about this Big, Athletic, model-looking ass nikka playing Jimmy Olsen? I can see why Mehcad Brooks played a pro-basketball player on "Necessary Roughness".

:heh: When it was announced that a breh was casted as Jimmy Olson, I was expecting something much closer to Black nerd. That nikka look like he should be playing black Clark Kent instead.

:mjlol: I think I'm gonna be IN Day 1, just to see how this Love Triangle between Kara, Bedbuck Jimmy Olsen, & her suspect-ass :wrist:cac friend plays out.

Last edited:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
:russ: So Brehs, we not gonna talk about this Big, Athletic, model-looking ass nikka playing Jimmy Olsen? I can see why Mehcad Brooks played a pro-basketball player on "Necessary Roughness".

:heh: When it was announced that a breh was casted as Jimmy Olson, I was expecting something much closer to Black nerd. That nikka look like he should be playing black Clark Kent instead.

:mjlol: I think I'm gonna be IN Day 1, just to see how this Love Triangle between Kara, Bedbuck Jimmy Olsen, & her suspect-ass :wrist:cac friend plays out.

Yooo, the lame cac dude is toyman and it's confirmed that Jimmy Olsen will be Kara's love interest.:mjlol: I'll watch just or the fukkery. White nerds will be furious.

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Flash and Arrow aren't crossing over with this, btw.

“The network has said publicly at this point they’re going to keep her to themselves,” Berlanti told the outlet. “I always approach the shows as a fan first, so I would love to see (a crossover). I think in success, all things are possible. But there’s a lot that would have to happen before everybody might say yes to that.”

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's because they wrote Lois as a much better character and just buried Lana as nothing more than the doomed past girlfriend when they could have developed her more (the angle with Lex started out well, possibly could have done more on the watchtower etc). They had a chance to develop the origin era of Clark and his supporting characters really well (especially by making them multiracial ie Lana and Pete) and they just kind of abandoned really quickly when they just repeated sutff with them and gave them no direction.

They were more invested in the Lois and Clark ship because that's the easier ship cause it lends itself easier to the Superman mythology but even then they kind of forced it (did they really need to get married before he even becomes Superman?). But honestly if you dont care about the Lois and Clark relationship either Seasons 8-10 were kind of trash (On top of the weird Davis-Chloe relationship, the horrid Jimmy Olsen copout and the poor potrayls of Doomsday and Deathstorke)
I don't think Smallville ever had a good read on just what type of character Lana was supposed to be so they had her bouncing all over the place and changing personality and motivation on what seemed like a weekly basis. Plus they took way too long to let her in on Clark's secret. That is how the Chloe character got to become more popular than Lana because CHloe was let in on the secret and could then be written for in more interesting ways. Lana was always seen was a nagging wet blanket because Clark had to keep lying to her and she would then get annoyed with him.
Keeping the girlfriend character in the dark is why so many of them begin on the wrong side of the fandom...just look at the hate Laurel gets on Arrow and Iris gets on Flash.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I wonder how fast they change their minds if Supergirl starts off soft in the ratings?
they ain't going to change their minds, I am guessing someone doesn't want those shows associated with this in any fashion
Yooo, the lame cac dude is toyman and it's confirmed that Jimmy Olsen will be Kara's love interest.:mjlol: I'll watch just or the fukkery. White nerds will be furious.
really? That will be the first thing they'll use as an excuse when ratings tank. I bet they do a 90210 and just keep him in the friendszone with a nubian gf

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Flash and Arrow aren't crossing over with this, btw.

I wonder how fast they change their minds if Supergirl starts off soft in the ratings?

they ain't going to change their minds, I am guessing someone doesn't want those shows associated with this in any fashion

What are you talk about? The CBS execs, show producers, & actors are all openly saying "Supergirl" shares the same universe as "Arrow" & "The Flash".

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

really? That will be the first thing they'll use as an excuse when ratings tank. I bet they do a 90210 and just keep him in the friendszone with a nubian gf

:dahell: WTF are you talking about? You must've stopped watching during Season 2. The brotha on "90210" went onto date other White girls.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:dahell: WTF are you talking about? You must've stopped watching during Season 2. The brotha on "90210" went onto date other White girls.
He would date them then when they broke up it would be totally erased whereas with the other males there would be lingering angst. I stopped watching around s2 where he eventually got with his own kind, like tptb were like we off that interracial experiment

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

He would date them then when they broke up it would be totally erased whereas with the other males there would be lingering angst. I stopped watching around s2 where he eventually got with his own kind, like tptb were like we off that interracial experiment

:what: You just admitted you quit watching during Season 2. How would you know??!!! He only dated the sista for short time. "90210" (Along with "House of Lies") Has the most Black Man-White Women IR I've ever seen on a TV show.