"Supergirl" TV show thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
James is about to get a lot more screen time

James Olsen Taking On A New Role In SUPERGIRL As The Vigilante Known As Guardian

The fan-favourite supporting character is going to adopt the identity of Guardian, a hero who was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. Once a cop named Jim Harper, patrolling Metropolis's Suicide Slum, he eventually became the vigilante known as Guardian to "guard" society from criminals.

It will be Olsen who wields the shield here though, but won't be telling Supergirl about it."James is going to decide that he can no longer be a sidekick, so he’s going to become a vigilante," explains executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. "He’s going to become Guardian, complete with the shield, which is going to cause a massive problem in his relationship with Kara because he decides not to tell her. There’s this new masked vigilante, and she has her own feelings about vigilantes. He’s recruited Winn to help him. Winn is his man in the van. Winn and James together is like comedy gold."

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:stopitslime:

So what was the point of introducing Cadmus AND Jim Harper?

I'd be tighter if the character wasn't so obscure.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

James Olsen Taking On A New Role In SUPERGIRL As The Vigilante Known As Guardian

The fan-favourite supporting character is going to adopt the identity of Guardian, a hero who was created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. Once a cop named Jim Harper, patrolling Metropolis's Suicide Slum, he eventually became the vigilante known as Guardian to "guard" society from criminals.

It will be Olsen who wields the shield here though, but won't be telling Supergirl about it."James is going to decide that he can no longer be a sidekick, so he’s going to become a vigilante," explains executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. "He’s going to become Guardian, complete with the shield, which is going to cause a massive problem in his relationship with Kara because he decides not to tell her. There’s this new masked vigilante, and she has her own feelings about vigilantes. He’s recruited Winn to help him. Winn is his man in the van. Winn and James together is like comedy gold."
I have a feeling this is going to end up like
deathlok on AOS
:francis:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
First half was cool in terms of showing bright Superman/Supergirl asthetics but the second half with the explination of the main bad was kind boring and the reasoning for James and Kara to break up while I get the need and would rather they not do a back and forth, also seemed a bit unconvincing

The ratings arent a shock, I always said niche shows of the CW lineup should not be in the Monday death slot, its prime for big DC shows and Arrow or Flash shoulda been there. Supergirl is known and it stills carries a audience known to see it on Mondays and are aware of the move so it will do Flash numbers just off the character being well known too.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Andrew Kreisberg Previews How Green Arrow And More Will React To SUPERGIRL On The CW Crossover
The CW will be stepping into uncharted territory this December as they air their first four show crossover between The Flash, Arrow, Legends Of Tomorrow, and the newest addition to the network, Supergirl. Not only will this be the first time all the shows will cross over, but it will also mark the first time most of the characters will cross paths with the Kryptonian Kara.

As expected, a flying, super strong alien will be a strange sight for this particular universe, and Supergirl executive producer Andrew Kreisberg has teased how some of the characters will react to meeting Kara for the first time. “Some people, like Barry [Grant Gustin], already know her, so Barry’s completely cool with her,” said Kreisberg. “Some people are instantly charmed by her; I think Sara’s [Caity Lotz] got a little crush on her. Diggle [David Ramsey], as always, just when he thinks he’s seen it all, there’s a moment in it where somebody says, ‘This is Supergirl,’ and they say, ‘What’s so super about her?’ and she just lifts off the ground. Dig’s like, ‘I’m convinced.'

Of course, with the Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), some distance can be expected, especially when the character has had just about enough of super-powered beings popping up around him. “Part of Oliver’s journey in those episodes is he’s kind of hit his breaking point for things he’s willing to accept,” Kreisberg said. “He’s had Mirakuru soldiers, the Lazarus Pit, magic, and Damien Darhk, but flying aliens who can incinerate you with their eyes is one beyond the pale for him. He’s keeping his distance, which is a very Oliver thing to do. Even Kara comments, ‘Does he not like me?’ Barry’s like, ‘No, that’s kind of how he treats everybody.’”

No airdate has been confirmed for the crossover as of yet, but it is expected to premiere this December.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I am thinking the opposite. The way they deaded the Jimmy/Kara relationship and the intro of Mon-El pretty much relegates Jimmy to the backburner.
I wouldn't be surprised if his character isn't written out by the end of this season.
Not a surprise considering that Andrew Kreisberg spent all of Season 1 of Flash on his :mjpls:steeze trying to move Barry away from Iris and did chemistry testing with Caitlyn for several episodes before fan backlash (and Geoff Johns stepping in) made him go back to the Barry/Iris relationship being the "endgame" for that show.
This is what Kreisberg had to say about Jimmy/Kara not getting together:

They’re both tremendously talented actors and they’re both lovely people and they both love working with each other. We felt like we were pursuing that relationship more because we felt like we had to then any of us was really, truly feeling it. It was interesting because we brought in some new writers in the middle of the season to keep some fresh blood and even they were like coming at it fresh and sort of felt like we weren’t quite sure how we were going to make this happen. We realized that the best scenes between them were just the nice, sweet scenes when they were just being friends.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
even though I am unconcerned it wouldn't surprise me if getting kicked off cbs freaked them out so cited this as one of the culprits. As for the mon-el theory they are probably going to make James the foil in that :martin:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I am thinking the opposite. The way they deaded the Jimmy/Kara relationship and the intro of Mon-El pretty much relegates Jimmy to the backburner.
I wouldn't be surprised if his character isn't written out by the end of this season.
Not a surprise considering that Andrew Kreisberg spent all of Season 1 of Flash on his :mjpls:steeze trying to move Barry away from Iris and did chemistry testing with Caitlyn for several episodes before fan backlash (and Geoff Johns stepping in) made him go back to the Barry/Iris relationship being the "endgame" for that show.
Even Gohns had to step in??:ohhh:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Hopefully it looks better in live action, I wonder why they are spoiling ish for fans. Anything to drum up interest I guess :ehh: