"Supergirl" TV show thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ahh, yes..."Thirsty for Cacs ass" Iris. :mjlol: But she's not much of a threat as James who looks more physically imposing onscreen than Slim-Fast Superman last night.:francis: You do remember the uproar about him from last season?
I just have a feeling that they are going to squeeze Jimmy into the weekly plots as little as possible going forward while Winn gone eat.:yeshrug:

Yeah I don't think so. I really don't think Andrew and Greg give a damn about the racist shyt especially with Greg's desire to be all inclusive and push diversity etc. I'm sure he knew the blowback would come from some to begin with but he also seems like the type of guy to not give a shyt. Well see what happens but I'm just normally not a pessimistic person

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Yeah I don't think so. I really don't think Andrew and Greg give a damn about the racist shyt especially with Greg's desire to be all inclusive and push diversity etc. I'm sure he knew the blowback would come from some to begin with but he also seems like the type of guy to not give a shyt. Well see what happens but I'm just normally not a pessimistic person
Fair enough. We shall see, fam.
My cynicism of how black characters are handled in tv/movies still has validity :francis: I don't trust it.
They still need to give him something more substantial to contribute to the show however. Don't just have him in this to appease the AA faction of its viewers because he's just there.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fair enough. We shall see, fam.
My cynicism of how black characters are handled in tv/movies still has validity :francis: I don't trust it.
They still need to give him something more substantial to contribute to the show however. Don't just have him in this to appease the AA faction of its viewers because he's just there.

Man I'm so glad I'm not a cynic. But I hear you homie. Respect.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's an acquired trait, my brotha. No one starts out that way.

You don't find Kara's friend-zoning him the least bit sus? On the first ep of the new season even? Like I said, we shall see. Respect.

Not at all. But that's the writer in me. Youve got a character who's life was defined by chasing this person without really figuring out who she/he is first. Figure out who you are and what you want then chase the boy/girl. That's interesting and shows character growth rather than her being this little girl with a crush who's every move is designed to win the guys heart

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Not at all. But that's the writer in me. Youve got a character who's life was defined by chasing this person without really figuring out who she/he is first. Figure out who you are and what you want then chase the boy/girl. That's interesting and shows character growth rather than her being this little girl with a crush who's every move is designed to win the guys heart
You can't love OHMSS thinking like this...:martin:

:troll:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You can't love OHMSS thinking like this...:martin:

:troll:

Lol which is exactly what that was too now that you mention it. James was always defined by the job and the license and the love he lost before. That movie found him realizing that he knew who James was as far as MI6 goes and as far as he thought. James Bond was cool. He'd lived enough and seen enough to figure out who he was but now he wanted more. She's going through the inverse. Just like MJ did when Peter kept proposing to her so many times and she kept saying nah

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lol which is exactly what that was too now that you mention it. James was always defined by the job and the license and the love he lost before. That movie found him realizing that he knew who James was as far as MI6 goes and as far as he thought. James Bond was cool. He'd lived enough and seen enough to figure out who he was but now he wanted more. She's going through the inverse. Just like MJ did when Peter kept proposing to her so many times and she kept saying nah
Let's just hope this logic truly applies to the brotha in Supergirl. Not that I'm looking for any IRR acceptance but just seeing if the producers avoid that ugly double standard.

Bond is on an island all to his own. Know that.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
No way James gets any real camera time with Clark around. I think once Clark is gone, they will have time to focus on James. Same thing happened with Iris West last season on the Flash when they spent the first 10 episodes setting up the Legends of Tomorrow...

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Are you talking about Corbin, the assassin who was going after Lena and got snatched up by Cadmus to become Metallo?
The British assassin was the dude laid out at the end? Where were the bandages around his chest from the slugs he took? From the point he gets shot the very next scene he's in an underground bunker with some crazy scientist informing the audience this guy is going to be metallo so stay tuned. Not very smooth at all

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
The British assassin was the dude laid out at the end? Where were the bandages around his chest from the slugs he took? From the point he gets shot the very next scene he's in an underground bunker with some crazy scientist informing the audience this guy is going to be metallo so stay tuned. Not very smooth at all

Yeah, that was him. By that point, it looked like the female doctor had already been experimenting on him.