"Supergirl" TV show thread

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So the only episode of this that I watched was the Flash crossover.

Since it moved to CW and is going to be part of the universe, I decided to mess with season 2.

I'm 10 minutes into the premier and it's.....not good. Like I am NOT feeling the vibe. Especially Cat Grant. And Jimmy Olsen.

I'm not sure I can do this

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Late but....

Im on the episode of Childish Things, and just got through the the episode of Master Jailer.

And I must say, I really can't believe the producers and writers went so far with this. :dwillhuh:

They actually said "white male priviledge" on-screen, and it came from two different white women. :dwillhuh:

This show is very liberal and even anti-white male. It makes me think that a bunch of women who hate white males wrote and produced this show. I mean look at the characters of wimpy, whiny Wynn compared to superstud *pause* James Olsen. Most ALL of the white males are evil villains of the week or wimpy af lmao.

And as corny, campy, and cheap this show is, Im getting through it.

@satam55 thoughts??

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Yes! I caught how they slowly slipped that in.
I'm not with #TeamPawging but if you have to dilute a brotha's masculine presence that much, then Jimmy should've been a white actor. I don't need inclusion that badly if I'm poorly represented.
Winn outchea eatin good now and James being all soft spoken and shyt.:martin:

He couldn't even cuss out Lucy's father after the General bluntly told him he didn't like him and talkin shyt.

I was like..."Stand up for yourself, breh!":why:
Breh, every single white man on this show is either evil, a background-filler, or a wimp. :mjlol:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
anti white male? lol the season is still young, stay tuned
Im talking about season1 and Im on Manhunter episode.

I looked it up, especially when they said "white male privilege" in Hostile Takeover, and sure enough, a lot of people were bytching about the series. They pointed out that the producer is a lesbian, and one of the writers is a gay white male. Makes sense due to the fact of the white male's portrayal in this series which is kinda shocking.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Im talking about season1 and Im on Manhunter episode.

I looked it up, especially when they said "white male privilege" in Hostile Takeover, and sure enough, a lot of people were bytching about the series. They pointed out that the producer is a lesbian, and one of the writers is a gay white male. Makes sense due to the fact of the white male's portrayal in this series which is kinda shocking.
It's not anti-white male it's more that the show has a heavy feminist slant. Anyways as the season goes on you will realize what they do with Winn's characterisation

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
CW interviews from the last week:

Don't miss Jeremy Jordan on the season premiere of Supergirl, Monday at 8/7c on The CW!

Don't miss Mehcad Brooks on the season premiere of Supergirl, Monday at 8/7c on The CW!

Don't miss Chyler Leigh on the season premiere of Supergirl, Monday at 8/7c on The CW!

Don't miss David Harewood on the season premiere of Supergirl, Monday at 8/7c on The CW!

Don't miss Melissa Benoist on the season premiere of Supergirl, Monday at 8/7c on The CW!

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Welp...prepare for the internet to fall in love with this superman and we're going to have a million articles tomorrow about how this is what Snyder should be doing with Cavil etc etc etc

You already know that's been written up right now lol

The second he stepped on screen as Clark and then smiled and shook hands as superman

ktpng.gif
Wait, did y'all like "Batman vs. Superman" or not?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
great intro for Supes, the suit actually works:ehh:
Ally McBeal getting a lot camera time, i got a feeling she disappears after tonights episode, leaving Kara in charge due to them moving production from LA to Vancouver...

She'll still be appearing this season from what I understand

yeah, probably about 8 to 10 episodes, no way she doing 23

Naw another DC comics character will be in charge:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/19970389/

CatCo is getting a new pitbull.

Cougar Town vet Ian Gomez is joining Supergirl‘s Season 2 cast in the recurring role of Snapper Carr, the dry, all-knowing journalist appointed by Cat (Calista Flockhart) to serve as the editor-in-chief of CatCo Magazine, TVLine has confirmed. He believes in the free press and journalistic integrity and thinks both have been lost in this age of blogs and Twitter. He will be both an adversary and a mentor to the younger reporters (Kara included) around him.

EW.com first broke the news of Gomez’s casting.

Gomez joins a growing Season 2 guest cast that also includes Teen Wolf‘s Tyler Hoechlin as Kara’s cousin aka James’ friend in blue aka Superman aka Kal-El aka Clark Kent, and erstwhile Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter, as the President of the United States.

Supergirl‘s second season premieres Monday, Oct. 10 at 8/7.

:ohhh: Does that mean Calista Flockhart/Cat Grant is leaving the show?

:ehh: If she is, good to see that not only is she being replaced by another notable DC comics journalist character, dude is a WB Network vet.

Just in case y'all don't know who Snapper Carr is he was used on "Justice League" & "Justice League Unlimited":

03.jpg

01.jpg

& on "Young Justice":

BpSQPhE.png

@prophecypro @Jello Biafra @Clark Wayne

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Naw another DC comics character will be in charge:

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/19970389/
As I was saying, I didn't think Flockhart was moving to Vancouver full time for this. It was fine when the show was in LA to past the time when her husband is off remaking all his greatest hits and/or crashing airplanes. That's why they gave her so much time in the first episode because they knew she wasn't staying...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@Ironman heres our first winner. Love Eric's work at IGN but i knew he'd make the superman contrast a point of emphasis lol

http://ign.com/articles/2016/10/11/supergirl-the-adventures-of-supergirl-review

Spoilers! Eric and Terri have nothing but good things to say about Superman finally making his debut on Supergirl.

I'm not rocking with ign their comment section been on some :mjpls:shyt for a while but they really pissed me off after they pulled that Luke Cage dismissal shyt :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

:lupe: What do you mean by Luke Cage Dismissal? What were they saying?

Why in the hell do you read comment sections to begin with lol

To keep tabs on how they're thinking :mjpls:They seem to still show a lot of love to Black Panther the gawd Luke on the other hand :mjpls:
:ohhh: Why do they like Black Panther? He's a lot more of a threat to White Supremacy than Luke Cage.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:lupe: What do you mean by Luke Cage Dismissal? What were they saying?

:ohhh: Why do they like Black Panther? He's a lot more of a threat to White Supremacy than Luke Cage.
Idk why you all worry about comment sections anyway. That's like walking the streets and worrying about people gossiping and ducking their teeth at you when you walk by. They're all about vitriol