Super Mario Odyssey

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I feel like this game is damn near perfect. Only a few things I'd add to perfect it and honestly I'm not even done yet so my inquiries could be amswered later.
better than zelda?

never thought i'd buy a system for one game but i'm considering it reading these reviews.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
better than zelda?

I'd say yeah just based on the fact that there's nothing wasted in this game. I love "BOTW" but a lot of the world is just big for no reason. A lot of open, empty spaces. I feel like if you're gonna make an open world game model it after "The Witcher 3"....perfect blend of size and actual things to do.

Fred.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I'd say yeah just based on the fact that there's nothing wasted in this game. I love "BOTW" but a lot of the world is just big for no reason. A lot of open, empty spaces. I feel like if you're gonna make an open world game model it after "The Witcher 3"....perfect blend of size and actual things to do.

Fred.
thx. been busy with work so i got a lot of catching up to do with games but i can't hit with a big dose of nostalgia when i saw the mario commercial the other day. glad the reviews hold up.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Is that the 2D pipe level with the moving backgrounds? I kept dying over and over there. I had to stop

yeah.

I beat that level yesterday, it gets worse. That level is pure fukkery.:francis:

I know. I spent a good amount of time on that level :mjlol: I swear some a$$hole at Nintendo was playing Mario Maker before he designed that level.

I almost lost my shyt when I saw that yoshi egg. and actually did lose my shyt when I saw the Mario 64 costume. :mjcry: this is too much.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
the picture boss levels in the castle, LMAO I had to put the switch close to my ear because there was a lot of noise at work, and when I heard that classic la la la la la la sound Mario 64 made before you chose a star to go get :banderas:

Also I don't think the HD rumble in this game is getting enough appreciation. right down to the moment Mario is running too fast and presses the breaks, you can feel it. Everything is felt. Best use of the HD rumble I've felt since MK8D.

Daps
better than zelda?

never thought i'd buy a system for one game but i'm considering it reading these reviews.

That's incredibly difficult to say. I was blown the fukk away by how much I loved breath of the wild I felt like I got lost in it for years before I beat it. I felt like I beat this whole game in 2 days. Breath of the wild has my second favorite open world ever, second only to witcher 3. Zelda was a man's challenge where you had to go through some grit sometimes before you became op. Mario is basically the strongest thing in the game the second he gets the hat.

Two different games completely besides how much emphasis and enjoyment you get out of exploration and experimentation.

you really couldn't go wrong with either but I felt I grew an experienced some shyt in Zelda, I felt like I just had a really fun ass 3 days in Mario, but just because it's short doesn't mean it isn't one of the best games ever made.

But it's a Mario game. It's never gonna be really hard, but it's still prolly the goat Mario game. So you really can't go wrong with either.

Last edited:

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
the picture boss levels in the castle, LMAO I had to put the switch close to my ear because there was a lot of noise at work, and when I heard that classic la la la la la la sound Mario 64 made before you chose a star to go get :banderas:

Also I don't think the HD rumble in this game is getting enough appreciation. right down to the moment Mario is running too fast and presses the breaks, you can feel it. Everything is felt. Best use of the HD rumble I've felt since MK8D.

I just realized i've been playing the game with HD Rumble off :snoop:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
People keep saying this game is easy but some of these post game moons are hard as fukk to get. Not the ones in the over world, the ones in the hat rooms or warp pipes. Maybe I just suck at the game :manny:

It’s not from one level

You sure? I don't think you can travel between worlds without dumping moons into the Odyssey. At least not when I've tried.
He didn't "find" them in one world though. No world had anywhere close to that number of moons to find. The most are in like the 80's or something. You can buy infinite moons in at least one world though. So that's what happened there

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
You sure? I don't think you can travel between worlds without dumping moons into the Odyssey. At least not when I've tried.
He didn't "find" them in one world though. No world had anywhere close to that number of moons to find. The most are in like the 80's or something. You can buy infinite moons in at least one world though. So that's what happened there
after you have defeated bowser you can travel between worlds through the hidden paintings

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
thx. been busy with work so i got a lot of catching up to do with games but i can't hit with a big dose of nostalgia when i saw the mario commercial the other day. glad the reviews hold up.

The game is crack breh....it's money well spent. It's basically like a next gen "Mario 64".

Fred.