Super Mario Odyssey

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
To me, it's a full 10/10. Even the motion controls are solid, though the hat throw to get it to spin in a circle around you is inconsistent.

It's the best Mario since Mario 64, though. The combination of exploration and platforming is :blessed:
This game is not the best Mario since 64 it just plays a lot like the 64 sunshine style.

3D world was an excellent platformer that tested your stick skills unlike this game which I can already call the GOAT collectothon

Galaxy games were perfect in their own right.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Nah there’s a section with controlling bullet bills that’s making me lose tons of coins
Inverted controls once you hit a wall you land in purple lava:sadcam:

I’m guessing different moon challenges get harder
im skipping that shyt and coming back later lol

game is not too easy

some moons are a pain in the ass

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
This game is not the best Mario since 64 it just plays a lot like the 64 sunshine style.

3D world was an excellent platformer that tested your stick skills unlike this game which I can already call the GOAT collectothon

Ok+fine+mind+mr+sour+puss+_1d0f9e33e5eaf93fabaf5cd593080bcd.gif

Not this time.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's like I already know what you're going to say about certain games lol.

Anyway I got 36 moons and on my way to the 5th kingdom.

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
Anyway, for those who think this game is lacking in difficulty... wait until you are able to unlock the secrets that await you in post gaming.

Platforming will exist that is pretty much not do-able.

Daps

It's cool, agree to disagree. Galaxy and 3D World are more linear, which some people prefer.

For me, though, this is a good combination of exploration and platforming. I don't want to spoil much, but even in the earlier worlds once you go back after clearing some of the worlds that come after them, there are some tight platforming sections. The special areas hidden behind doors with hats on them are especially platforming focused, and they ask you to make some tight jumps, use long jumps and standing backflips, etc.

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Taking a break to smoke and watch Stranger Things. :whew:Playing the Lake Kingdom made my head hurt from all that swimming.
Anyone reach New Donk City yet?:gucci:
:skip:My son just wants to collect currency and buy all the outfits.
He does the holy dance every time I help him find a moon.:mj:
Kinda....

there is an entry to it on the sand level, through a painting on a pillar ( the pillar has a moon ontop), but it takes you to the top of a skyscraper i couldnt figure a safe way off...it was like they put the tip in :russ:

Now enjoying for the first time the greatness of the switch, playing mario AND watching the world series is GOAT...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Ok+fine+mind+mr+sour+puss+_1d0f9e33e5eaf93fabaf5cd593080bcd.gif

Not this time.

Did I say the game was bad? I think I called it GOAT
It's like I already know what you're going to say about certain games lol.

Anyway I got 36 moons at nd on my way to the 5th kingdom.

Say what the truth?

Game is great I just silly to call it the best since any other 3d mario

I prefer this style of mario to 3d world and Galaxy games btw