Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
it was real good. a lil better than sonic cause its all animated. i always feel adding cgi characters to real world shyt feels forced, even though its not that bad in sonic.

bowser sounded like a deeper voiced frieza at times. he was funny singing n shyt.

mario voice was just ok but it wasnt terrible where you noticed. i like how they integrated platformin smoothly.

the pacing is great. it never gets stagnate n boring. music was placed perfectly. especially when they go to meet kong.

yeah i prolly give 9.5/10.

Daps
I watched the movie a month ago. It was very good. It hit my nostalgia feels. So many easter eggs and references.

Chris Pratt voicing Mario was good.
Jack Black voicing Bowser was brilliant.
I liked the take on Luigi needing to be rescued.
Lumalee was the best and funniest character

I also didn't mind 'Girl Boss' Peach as at least she was sweet feminine and didn't have the 'strong, independent, generic, mental illness, feminist' haircut.

8 out of 10

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Extreme feminism here.
6/10 for making Mario barely competent and Luigi the damsel.
Is there a version in your imaginary tough guy world where Mario is a confident hero and Luigi, who in canon is scared of ghosts and has been a cowardly type reluctant hero for like 20 years, is also a badass? In this same he-man world, do you ignore that peach hasn't been a damsel in distress since 1988?

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Is there a version in your imaginary tough guy world where Mario is a confident hero and Luigi, who in canon is scared of ghosts and has been a cowardly type reluctant hero for like 20 years, is also a badass? In this same he-man world, do you ignore that peach hasn't been a damsel in distress since 1988?
Did you ever buy games called Super Peach? Peach Oddysey? Peach 3d World? Peach's mansion? Peach Rabbids?
She is the love interest, not the main, most competent character that gets hindered by her sidekick Mario at all times.
They exaggerated with that.
But go dap fishing in your imaginary world where there are actual women here on the Coli praising you being a feminist SJW. :russ:
Go Back to Reddit:lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Did you ever buy games called Super Peach? Peach Oddysey? Peach 3d World? Peach's mansion? Peach Rabbids?
She is the love interest, not the main, most competent character that gets hindered by her sidekick Mario at all times.
But go dap fishing in your imaginary world where there are actual women here on the Coli praising you being a feminist SJW. :russ:
No but I played Mario 2, RPG, 3D world, where she is a playable character in her own right and has her own skillset, and is trying to save the day too...just like in this movie. I know acknowledging a female character in any way is some radical feminism, but I'm just stating facts and game canon...this rendition of peach or luigi isn't new :manny:

And yeah I don't exactly need to fish for daps, check the score :heh:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Super princess peach is a game.

And as Ed mentioned, 3d world

Maybe you haven't played the games?

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Super princess peach is a game.

And as Ed mentioned, 3d world

Maybe you haven't played the games?

I did. I played 3d World 2 days ago.
She is not the most competent character, what's hard to understand? They made Mario an annoyance.
People check for Mario, not her!

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I did. I played 3d World 2 days ago.
She is not the most competent character, what's hard to understand? They made Mario an annoyance.
People check for Mario, not her!
They did?

Did we watch the same movie?

Mario wasn't a sidekick nor incompetent. He was new to the kingdom and it played out like anyone new to it would handle it.

Peach was exactly like her game counterpart.

Luigi was like how he's been portrayed in many of the games and even the cartoon

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
They did?

Did we watch the same movie?

Mario wasn't a sidekick nor incompetent. He was new to the kingdom and it played out like anyone new to it would handle it.

Peach was exactly like her game counterpart.

Luigi was like how he's been portrayed in many of the games and even the cartoon
They only gave Luigi something to do in the finale against Bowser.
Most of the film was Mario being Stupid and Peach solving everything with ease while rolling her eyes.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
They only gave Luigi something to do in the finale against Bowser.
Most of the film was Mario being Stupid and Peach solving everything with ease while rolling her eyes.
No, the film was about Mario getting the hang of things in the video game realm and when he did, he was OP.

Also, Peach never rolled her eyes at anyone except Bowser. Did you watch the movie lol?

Peach literally was fascinated with Mario and asked him a trillion questions about the human world.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
finally saw this
I was so amazed at how well the mushroom kingdom looked.
it kind of reminded me of Wizard of oz a bit with the story beats.
the real-life music killed me though except for take on me because i like the song but yeah i don't know why they did that. The original score is really good.
as for the story yeah it's non-existent and for this movie, it works because we know Mario so well so we're just waiting for stuff to happen.
I guess the sequel will involve either Rosalina or Daisy who will probably be Peach's sister since they were sort of teasing her origin in this movie.
I didn't need to see Mario's fam though. In my head I've always seen him as this quasi-adult with no family left but Luigi so it was weird seeing him having dinner with a full family like that :mjlol:
I give this 8/10 if you're a Mario fan/Nintendo fan and a 6/10 if you don't care about Mario. I enjoyed it but I can definitely get why some people were trashing it.

I would watch a sequel I need to see how they explain Wario and Waluigi. they'll probably be imposters though