Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
You can watch the Japanese version here? What's different about it?
for a limited time.
super-mario-bros-movie-japanese.jpg

haven't seen it yet, and don't wanna spoil it myself but this vid goes over the changes between regions:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

GreedyDefiniteArawana-size_restricted.gif

Super Mario Bros. Movie Grosses​

DOMESTIC (47.9%)
$490,015,825
INTERNATIONAL (52.1%)
$532,458,000
WORLDWIDE
$1,022,473,825

Damn 1.2, 1.3 Billion is in play. It hasn't even opened in Japan yet. The only movies I see that might challenge Mario but won't beat it are other 1980's Properties. "Transformers 7" and "Indy 5". These two films have the same type of loyal fanbases for the last 4 decades. There are other blockbusters that could do it this summer we shall see but Mario has the inside track to win the year. "Flash" should do well and get a Batman 89 bump but Comic Book Fatigue is real. I think all Comic Book movies now have ceiling they didn't have before. Sure they will get the Comic fans and some causals during opening weekend but as we saw with Ant Man it was the following weeks that didn't hold up. Mario did well for 4 straight weeks. Comic films aren't getting the benefit of the doubt they use to get. "Guardians" probably won't do as well as the previous entries but it starts the summer so should have a big opening.

"The Marvels" probably won't gross more than the original "Captain Marvel" because of timing more so. The original film coming out before "Avengers' this one later in the year. The Pixar animated movie "Elemental" isn't going to beat it. Again no Comic book movie will probably win this year's Box Office. "Fast X" isn't going to do it though should be big. "Mission Impossible" should do well but like "John Wick", Action/Espionage Thrillers have a celling. It's not like the "Top Gun" situation of a long awaited sequel to a Classic 80's property. "Mission Impossible" does a good job spacing the sequels out but I just don't see it doing Billi type numbers just yet. Maybe 700-800 Milli right now which would be the highest in Mission Impossible History. The point is it's going to take some 1980's energy to stop Mario so I do think Transformers and Indy got a shot and yes "The Little Mermaid" too because those Disney remakes always make bank.

Last edited:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I like to think Arcane was really the first series to show the video games can be extremely successful globally and commercially if done correctly in the television medium.

I believe it would have been in the billion dollar club as well if somehow they managed you take what was in the series and put it into a movie.

The buzz that series got was astronomical.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I like to think Arcane was really the first series to show the video games can be extremely successful globally and commercially if done correctly in the television medium.

I believe it would have been in the billion dollar club as well if somehow they managed you take what was in the series and put it into a movie.

The buzz that series got was astronomical.
I doubt they could have condensed that series into a movie. There's very little rusty could be cut to still make it a compelling story.

Arcane isn't like some of these streaming series that's pretty much a movie with tons of filler to make info a series. as I'm thinking about it right now, there's not a lot they could have cut except maybe some of the Vi/Caitlyn stuff and some of the Jace/Viktor/Mel stuff. However, that would still leave you with about 5 hours worth of material