Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
finally saw this
I was so amazed at how well the mushroom kingdom looked.
it kind of reminded me of Wizard of oz a bit with the story beats.
the real-life music killed me though except for take on me because i like the song but yeah i don't know why they did that. The original score is really good.
as for the story yeah it's non-existent and for this movie, it works because we know Mario so well so we're just waiting for stuff to happen.
I guess the sequel will involve either Rosalina or Daisy who will probably be Peach's sister since they were sort of teasing her origin in this movie.
I didn't need to see Mario's fam though. In my head I've always seen him as this quasi-adult with no family left but Luigi so it was weird seeing him having dinner with a full family like that :mjlol:
I give this 8/10 if you're a Mario fan/Nintendo fan and a 6/10 if you don't care about Mario. I enjoyed it but I can definitely get why some people were trashing it.

I would watch a sequel I need to see how they explain Wario and Waluigi. they'll probably be imposters though
Now go find a local theater foe the rewatch :ufdup:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
You think there's much else to squeeze out of the sonic series? Not sure if there's be much momentum into 3...
Bruh....there's a whole universe/universes out there:russ:Shadow is coming and with Shadow comes the Chaos Emeralds. Not to mention Amy, Metal Sonic, ext a whole lot of Sonics cast haven't even popped up yet. Not to mention Chaos the final boss but to get there they have to LEAVE the humans and Earth shyt behind.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Bruh....there's a whole universe/universes out there:russ:Shadow is coming and with Shadow comes the Chaos Emeralds. Not to mention Amy, Metal Sonic, ext a whole lot of Sonics cast haven't even popped up yet. Not to mention Chaos the final boss but to get there they have to LEAVE the humans and Earth shyt behind.
I don't think anobody cares about that shyt other than metal sonic. I mean, nobody else is iconic to sell a movie. If you're adding amy and then weirdo characters from the adventure series you may as well pivot to streaming only...

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I don't think anobody cares about that shyt other than metal sonic. I mean, nobody else is iconic to sell a movie. If you're adding amy and then weirdo characters from the adventure series you may as well pivot to streaming only...
:mjtf:

Are you crazy? Shadow is iconic and the second-most popular Sonic character after Sonic himself. There's a ton of hype for Sonic movie #3.

There's still alot of Sonic material to explore.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Must be generational, but shadow over knuckles is crazy. OR tails.
I guess so. Shadow was first introduced in 2001 (Sonic Adventure 2), so if you grew up with '90s Sonic, Shadow may not be as noteworthy.

However, for people who grew up with Sonic from the 2000s to the present, Shadow is huge.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Definitely could have been better, but when you consider the look, feel, music, power-ups, sound effects, level construction, gags and settings. It just checks off every box you wanted from this movie especially if you're a Mario fan.

A solid 2½ to 3 star movie :ehh:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I liked it. It wasn’t trying to be some thematic Pixar movie about acceptance or greed or whatever.

I gotta save my brother… let’s a go!

Definitely leaves a lot on the table in terms of either introducing Wario or Bowser coming back.