Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

Mr. Riddim

All Star
Daps
I’m one of the bigger Nintendo fans here and I don’t see that happening. It’s so damn hard for animated films to break that ceiling. It needs that Pixar intro to crack a bil
This is Super fukking Mario we talking bout breh. The most iconic video game character of all time. Not to mention DreamWorks' spearheading the project. Them Despicable Me movies were monsters.

A billi easy.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
:huhldup:
Fs5P56-akAA2dSA
Feige paid em off:beli:
If Antman can't eat, no one can eat :troll:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: Regardless of the reviews this movie is going to make bank. But y’all need to stop with this. It’s just a kids movie rhetoric. When Disney, Pixar, and Miyazaki has been putting out bangers. That can be put against. Some of the best live action films. Like I said before they made a Lego movie. And that shyt was dope af.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Before release: "Wow this movie looks amazing. Gonna see it"
Critics give it poor reviews: "Pfff this shyt looks trash."

Some of y'all are legit sheep.
All that really happened was people who aren't Mario fans got a hold of this and it got exposed. The best judge of these video game adaptations is how do the people who aren't fans of the game feel about it? Fans of the property judge it on a curve.

I'm not a fan of League of Legends. Never played it and had zero knowledge of it. The Netflix series Arcane despite that fact is a masterpiece. Your knowledge of League of Legends is irrelevant to that. I'm also not really into Castlevania. That Netflix show is amazing despite that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:yeshrug: Regardless of the reviews this movie is going to make bank. But y’all need to stop with this. It’s just a kids movie rhetoric. When Disney, Pixar, and Miyazaki has been putting out bangers. That can be put against. Some of the best live action films. Like I said before they made a Lego movie. And that shyt was dope af.

Too much dope animation out for me to sit and listen to that “kids movie” nonsense. Netflix managed to make a compelling movie out of Santa Clause

b9ace1de49dbb996b9e253e08225abde.gif

Last edited:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
All that really happened was people who aren't Mario fans got a hold of this and it got exposed. The best judge of these video game adaptations is how do the people who aren't fans of the game feel about it? Fans of the property judge it on a curve.

I'm not a fan of League of Legends. Never played it and had zero knowledge of it. The Netflix series Arcane despite that fact is a masterpiece. Your knowledge of League of Legends is irrelevant to that. I'm also not really into Castlevania. That Netflix show is amazing despite that.
I get what you're saying..but I think there's merit in creating an adaptations that puts the fans first. :yeshrug:

I still need to watch League of Legends.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Just got back from seeing this with my kids in the theater.... Movie was excellent!.. I recommend watching it whether u got kids or not.... Very entertaining and they stuck to the story for the most part.... I'm excited to see part 2...

I thought they was gonna bring out Yoshi for the battle scene but glad he'll make an appearance in the sequel

:wow:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i enjoyed it. a lot of context for the characters and even for some of the game mechanics. lots of action and absurd comedy. the funniest thing about it was them making bowser an insufferable simp. son had it bad and it was hilarious .well eworth checking out. and the theatre was packed

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This was pretty solid. Honestly? If you watched the trailer, you get what you came for and if you played the games before, you’ll have a crazy amount of appreciation for the references they implement here.

I’m not a fan of Illumination’s comedy style nor the constant needle drops, but I can’t fault them here for how formulaic this came across at times when the base game’s story is simple as is. They did well all things considered. I didn’t find the movie to be as bad as the critics were making it out to be either. Structure definitely could’ve used some more work and I think the film could’ve been a lot better had they managed to allow most scenes to breathe throughout, but other than that? shyt was escapism for me.

Regarding the structure though, the movie felt like someone doing a speed-run when I want to take my time to immerse myself in this world. I mean sure, I can whip out the Switch right now and take care of that issue no problem, but it’s something that came across as a pet peeve in an otherwise solid film adaptation.

All that being said, the kids will lose their minds over this and the long-time fans will have a hell of a time on the nostalgia ride. shyt, I still had a fun ass time with it. The animation was straight up eye candy. There’s so much untapped potential in this world that I’m hoping the sequel will dive at.

Bowser pulling out them Tenacious D ballads for Princess Peach. :mjlol: