Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I never got to 100% but knowing this always pissed me off

"it's been so long"

well, bozo

you been chilling at the top of this castle for literally no reason
Yoshi2.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just got finished watching it with my family. The people in my theater gave it a standing ovation (I still don’t know why people do that). I liked it a lot I have no complaints other than the out of place rock music.

Like people that clap when the plane lands. People always want to feel like they’re apart of something. So annoying

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nothing is stopping this movie. Though yes it's marketed to children mostly, it's a multi-generational fan base. 70's and 80's babies who grew up on Mario the most will be bringing their families. Nothing is stopping this freight train. It could have gotten a 0% on RT and it will still break records. I don't know what people are expecting. You can tell from the trailers the film was a Nostalgia Fest. That was literally the goal. Make a Mario movie that's more faithful to the video games. That was the issue with the 93 film. Had they called that movie "Super Mario Bros 2099", I would have understood but they basically made some futuristic Sci Fi Mario Bros film when Mario Bros is actually more Fantasy. It just didn't feel like the game at all. When you make Video Game films, one of the #1 rules is that it must at least "Feel" like the game. That's clearly what Nintendo and Illumination was going for with this. But Mario collecting nothing but coins this week.

tumblr_m5w9a2nxJN1qzp9weo1_500.gif

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Preliminary

SEGA does what Nintendon't
How has any negative review not used that tagline for their article yet?

It's still fukk the critics though. I'm going Saturday and I'll hopefully enjoy. If anything, maybe this will inspire people to go see Dungeons and Dragons instead which was a surprisingly fun fantasy film.