Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Right. Thats the annoying part for me

Puss N Boots is sitting at a 95 RT score, and its a 3rd iteration of a shrek spinoff. Mario being a kids movie if anything means it should be graded on a curve.

Dispicable Me, Dispicable Me 2, and Minons are all rated higher by the same studio. Much higher
When I read of ResetEra the guy that wrote this also wrote Big Momma's House 3 I started to wonder.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I own a switch with every single mario game available, why would i do such a thing if i hate mario? Maybe the movie just isn’t as good as you thought it would be?
1.) Okay, got it, but your fervor for Sony trumps your enjoyment of Mario games, if you posting history is any accurate indication.

2.) I don't have a high bar for this movie dude. We already talked about this. I didn't think we were getting a Spiderverse-level film here. I want to see Mario do the things he does in video games in a movie. It's very unlikely my bar won't be met.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
1.) Okay, got it, but your fervor for Sony trumps your enjoyment of Mario games, if you posting history is any accurate indication.

2.) I don't have a high bar for this movie dude. We already talked about this. I didn't think we were getting a Spiderverse-level film here. I want to see Mario do the things he does in video games in a movie. It's very unlikely my bar won't be met.

Well, i knew for a fact we weren’t getting a spider-verse level movie, it’s Illumination. I expected around a 70.

But in the end review scores for something like this won’t matter it’s still gonna make a lot of money and be mostly entertaining :yeshrug:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:salute: This is Sonic’s 1st win in a long time against that plumber.
sonic-fist-bump-tails-fist-bump.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

@Gizmo_Duck you trust her, breh? :sas2::sas1:

Someone that's not a Nintendo fan. I kinda been looking for a take from someone that's not biased toward liking this. She seems like she's kinda playing it up though.

The other reviews I've seen on YouTube are from gamers and they're basically like hey at least it's not bad. Sounds like it does the bare minimum to be watchable but not a good movie. Happy Console Gamer called it a good popcorn flick and said he'd only ever watch it again if he was watching it with his daughter.