Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I am curious to see where the movie shakes out on on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'm with @Ed MOTHERfukkING G on this; I didn't expect this movie to have a heavy plot that would make me contemplate mortality or the meaning of life. I want to watch Mario jump on Goombas and drive a go-kart on a rainbow.

@Gizmo_Duck I legit don't know who any of these people you posted are. It sounds like they wanted a Pixar movie.
It's like going to see Fast and Furious X and being upset that it isn't as gripping as the departed or heat.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's like going to see Fast and Furious X and being upset that it isn't as gripping as the departed or heat.

…Or it likes going to see fast and furious x and being slightly disappointed its not as gripping as top gun maverick

Using examples from other award winning genres is hyperbole. I think a more realistic and logical take is, “man, im excited for mario, i hope its at least as good as the Lego Movie”…like yeah, i doubt anyone is going into mario movie expecting schindlers list, and I dont think anyone marking it down is alluding to that

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do we know if it’s badly written? These are literally the opinions of a handful of dudes who look like they would have these smug opinions anyway. Honestly, if it fun and the humor is there and already looks to be by h the commercials and previews I’ll probably enjoy it and my kids.
Im only going by trailers (something i rarely do) but it seems like its focusing on hitting all the series nostalgia highlights (DK fight, bowser army, go karts) while trying to make some funnies in between. I wouldn't be surprised if the plot is contrived as hell..

It just needs to have some heart to strike a good chord, :manny: doesn't have to be a thriller

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
:mjlol:

so...watching fukking dragonball make you more "Adult"

:dead:

Silver Surfer: "Mario's for kids you weirdos :hhh:"

Also Silver Surfer:

OCR-L-SDCC-DRAGONZ-0717-01JM-1.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No surprise here. Seemed like one of those “for the fans” movies. Especially when the early impressions released and it wasn’t film reviewers but game reviewers giving impressions. Will watch when available on a streaming platform.