Super Mario Bros Movie (April 5th, 2023) starring Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Keagen-Micheal Key, Jack Black, and Seth Rogan 👑🍄

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Imagine watching the SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE looking for a deep and fulfilling plot :mjlol:. This is a kids movie with nostalgia for adults. The plot of every mario game ever is “save the ________” (princess, faries, stars, brother). Why THE fukk would there be an enriching narrative here :dahell:
Did you see the critics? They all look like hipster losers.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imagine watching the SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE looking for a deep and fulfilling plot :mjlol:. This is a kids movie with nostalgia for adults. The plot of every mario game ever is “save the ________” (princess, faries, stars, brother). Why THE fukk would there be an enriching narrative here :dahell:

Yall know they are capable of writing kids movies that can also be enjoyed by adults right? Its not either or

Theres bad animated movies and good ones

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Yall know they are capable of writing kids movies that can also be enjoyed by adults right? Its not either or

Theres bad animated movies and good ones
Yes and i actually believe this one can be one. You’re missing my point:

I’m not going into super mario bros expecting SOUL or UP or Luca. I’m expecting wreck ir ralph or toy story. Those nerd critics out here looking for a super mario bros movie (who barely has a story in any game since 1985) to be fantastic mr fox…:dwillhuh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yes and i actually believe this one can be one. You’re missing my point:

I’m not going into super mario bros expecting SOUL or UP or Luca. I’m expecting wreck ir ralph or toy story. Those nerd critics out here talking about a mario movie (who barely has a story in any game since 1985) to be fantastic mr fox…:dwillhuh:

Ok, but what if it isn’t nearly as good as Wreck it Ralph or Toy Story? I’m not talking about “adult themes” im talking about clever writing and good pacing, basic things that make movies good.

There’s a gulf between a movie like minions or angry birds and something like puss n boots or spiderverse

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Whatif i had an a$$hole on my elbow?

what is your point? “Good” and “bad” isn’t my point. Complaining about a “hollow story” and “bland narrative” is my point.

Theres nothing wrong with complaining about that. Just because its a “all-ages” movie doesn’t excuse it from being badly written, kids movies can have good stories that appeal to everyone outside of Easter eggs

What seperates Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks and Sony's latest good movies from other animated stuff is its writing.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Theres nothing wrong with complaining about that. Just because its a “all-ages” movie doesn’t excuse it from being badly written, kids movies can have good stories that appeal to everyone outside of Easter eggs

What seperates Pixar, Disney, Dreamworks and Sony's latest good movies from other animated stuff is its writing.
Do we know if it’s badly written? These are literally the opinions of a handful of dudes who look like they would have these smug opinions anyway. Honestly, if it fun and the humor is there and already looks to be by h the commercials and previews I’ll probably enjoy it and my kids.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
If you considering going to see this and you don't have kids....you got issues....lol
R.0cc490c92ed40dcbc855bab6fcc91df9

Congratulations! You are today's recipient of TheColi's 'Naive Comment of the Day' medal. We hope this will inspire you to do better in the future.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Do we know if it’s badly written? These are literally the opinions of a handful of dudes who look like they would have these smug opinions anyway. Honestly, if it fun and the humor is there and already looks to be by h the commercials and previews I’ll probably enjoy it and my kids.

We don’t really know anything but dismissing criticisms of its writing from people who have seen because you’re excited for the movie doesn’t make sense

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Have they seen it though

Anyone can say they seen it and spit out a hot take.

Yeah, the review embargo was lifted last night, a lot of them aren’t even hot takes. A lot of them praise the animation or other things but all seem to agree that the story and pacing is bland

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
We don’t really know anything but dismissing criticisms of its writing from people who have seen because you’re excited for the movie doesn’t make sense
It makes perfect sense because I don’t care about their opinions anyway. I don’t go off reviewers. If the critics said it was great storytelling I would still dismiss it. You realize all of this is opinion based anyway. Arguing someone else’s opinion on a story you haven’t seen doesn’t make sense.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It makes perfect sense because I don’t care about their opinions anyway. I don’t go off reviewers. If the critics said it was great storytelling I would still dismiss it. You realize all of this is opinion based anyway. Arguing someone else’s opinion on a story you haven’t seen doesn’t make sense.

If you don’t care, you don’t care. :yeshrug:

No reason to engage with the criticisms or current discussions on them if you don’t care. Go see the movie, no one is telling you not to. People are obviously going to discuss the movie reviews when they drop though

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I am curious to see where the movie shakes out on on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'm with @Ed MOTHERfukkING G on this; I didn't expect this movie to have a heavy plot that would make me contemplate mortality or the meaning of life. I want to watch Mario jump on Goombas and drive a go-kart on a rainbow.

@Gizmo_Duck I legit don't know who any of these people you posted are. It sounds like they wanted a Pixar movie.