ON THE PRODUCT WHETHER GOOD
OR BAD.

THERES BEEN WAY MORE BAD
THAN GOOD LATELY.

THIS nikka REALLY THINKS
HE WORKS FOR MARVEL.
:devil:
:evil:

right. People like “you hate marvel” “you don’t want to like it” “well you just saying shyt”

No motherfukker I’m spending my hard earned damned money on this shyt, I want it to be spectacular. I want to leave the movie and say, goddamn, let me go ahead and buy another ticket cause that was FLAMES.

I grew up on this shyt, been paying into it since 2008, involved all in the characters and story. Why the hell would I want it to fall apart and admit I’m out here paying to see bad movies?

Like if they put out these last ten movies, but all was on the level of IW, that I’d somehow be angry about it

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
right. People like “you hate marvel” “you don’t want to like it” “well you just saying shyt”

No motherfukker I’m spending my hard earned damned money on this shyt, I want it to be spectacular. I want to leave the movie and say, goddamn, let me go ahead and buy another ticket cause that was FLAMES.

I grew up on this shyt, been paying into it since 2008, involved all in the characters and story. Why the hell would I want it to fall apart and admit I’m out here paying to see bad movies?

Like if they put out these last ten movies, but all was on the level of IW, that I’d somehow be angry about it

THE INTERNET HAS CREATED
STAN/TEAM CULTURE...

PPL LATCH ON TO SOMETHING
LIKE MOVIE STUDIOS, POLITICAL PARTIES, MUSICAL ARTISTS ETC
AND JUST RIDE & DIE WITH THAT SET
NO MATTER WHAT AS IF
THEIR ON THE PAYROLL OR EVEN
KNOW THE PPL INVOLVED.

shyt IS CRAZY BUT WE SEE IT
IN ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE NOW.

ITS A BIG REASON THERES
NO ACCOUNTABILTY NOWADAYS
BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW BAD
THE PRODUCT THERE IS ALWAYS
SOME RABID STAN WHO IS GONNA
PROP IT UP NO MATTER WHAT.
:devil:
:evil:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Who is clamoring for the new one? Come on fam? Who is discussing “oooo I wonder what’s going on with the 10 rings?” If you asked 10 people to name the main character of the movie’s name, they’d probably get that wrong.

Come on y’all. This shyt has been mid after mid. Was y’all even outside for phase 1-3? People who couldn’t spell “comic book” was clamoring for every marvel movie like it was crack. Not true A list characters. Literally anybody.

That time is over.

So yeah, this is all shyt you are just thinking with 0 proof. All the youtube theorist did numerous theories about the 10 Rings, Simu Liu is a movie star now when he was just a sit come actor prior and Destin got the next Avengers gig. Those are concrete things that happened instead of questions no one has polled for.
The Incredible Hulk, IM2, IM3, Thor 2, GotG 2, Antman and the Wasp and Captain Marvel weren't mid?
Some would even say Cap 1, Antman 1, SP Homecoming and Doctor Strange are mid depending who you ask.

I understand being disappointed in Phase 4 but no need to downgrade Shang Chi, it got as good a reception as most of the "crack" in Phases 1-3.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it's mostly d list character fatique. marvel got cocky when guardians was a hit and now think any comicbook property can translate to sales.
Spiderman and Batmans recent film both did well and were well received. (stories weren't any better than any other super heroes despite what gunn is saying.)

shazam, black adam, antman and all these other side characters are the ones flopping.

as much as people like the say that the avengers a c list, individually they are, but they were also the first team up film of muliple solo characters.
Realistically, Marvel should build up hype again by focusing on either X-men, FF4, or make Daredevil and Spiderman their primary focus going forward.

Blue Beetle is going to flop hard, the marvels will flop too, madame web is going to flop, guadiarns 3 will show signs of diminishing returns but might do alright since its being marketed as the last gunn film. thunderbolts and cap 4 will both do antman 2 numbers.

Basically,just give us X-men:wow:

Robert Downey and Captain America were smart to leave before they wore out there welcome. They should be transitioning some of these characters to t.v shows. And just giving us a new universe based around xmen. You can introduce a new characterizations of Iron Man,Hulk,Captain America. That are similar or not at all similar to what we last got. You can even have new solo movies for those characters.We have fatigue because we feel most of these characters have run their course as far as their story arc is concerned.

On a sidenote,highly dissapointed they wasted Christian Bale btw. Couldve made a great Iron Man,Cyclops,Bruce Banner. You name it,the man has range:francis:

Guess he wore makeup,so we can pretend that never happened:mjlol:

But anyway,I kinda feel they are doing what im saying and just clearing the stage for the a listers:myman:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So yeah, this is all shyt you are just thinking with 0 proof. All the youtube theorist did numerous theories about the 10 Rings, Simu Liu is a movie star now when he was just a sit come actor prior and Destin got the next Avengers gig. Those are concrete things that happened instead of questions no one has polled for.
The Incredible Hulk, IM2, IM3, Thor 2, GotG 2, Antman and the Wasp and Captain Marvel weren't mid?
Some would even say Cap 1, Antman 1, SP Homecoming and Doctor Strange are mid depending who you ask.

I understand being disappointed in Phase 4 but no need to downgrade Shang Chi, it got as good a reception as most of the "crack" in Phases 1-3.

I actually liked Shang Chi more than probably any other MCU movie. Did I watch it twice?no.

But I didnt really wanna finish Dr Strange,Thor,Antman:mjlol:. Black Widow was actually better than people said too. Didnt like the spiderman movie,the cameos allowed it to get a pass.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Like I said. We’ll see come part 2. When they put it on the board to come out. 5-6 years from now. Cause it was such a success

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
All trends must die. The same shyt people trash the new movies over was in the previous ones, they just didn't care like that back then.

Let's remember that Thor: Ragnarok, 1st Doctor Strange and mf Shang-Chi are supposedly some fan favorites and they're full to the brim with the mediocre plots, corny humor and janky vfx that people say are ruining the MCU now.

And that's without talking about the amount of barely mediocre movies the first few phases had people ingest without much noise (first Captain America, first two Thors, Avengers Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2 and 3...). Or Civil War that was so disappointing compared to the comics' storyline but folks loved cameos for the sake of it back then.

There's also the fact that a 2nd industry attached itself to the MCU, that is the Internet Hype unit, where videos like "20 details you missed in the last Spidey trailer" get millions of views and brew hype to insane levels for obscure comics references that you know won't be in the movies. The tweets, forums etc are now all about building back the hype there was for the Infinity Wars finale and never achieve it which leads to more disappointment.

So yeah, folks come in with very high expectations and the formula that worked yesterday doesn't work today, but the movies still make mucho dinero, so no wonder the decision makers are confused.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Nah, because no matter who they picked I guarantee people wouldn't be happy.

Plus Shuri being BP has precedence in the comics anyway. It was the right choice.
It didn't matter who was black panther wakanda forever just wasn't good, I didn't even watch the bootleg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
All trends must die. The same shyt people trash the new movies over was in the previous ones, they just didn't care like that back then.

Let's remember that Thor: Ragnarok, 1st Doctor Strange and mf Shang-Chi are supposedly some fan favorites and they're full to the brim with the mediocre plots, corny humor and janky vfx that people say are ruining the MCU now.

And that's without talking about the amount of barely mediocre movies the first few phases had people ingest without much noise (first Captain America, first two Thors, Avengers Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2 and 3...). Or Civil War that was so disappointing compared to the comics' storyline but folks loved cameos for the sake of it back then.

There's also the fact that a 2nd industry attached itself to the MCU, that is the Internet Hype unit, where videos like "20 details you missed in the last Spidey trailer" get millions of views and brew hype to insane levels for obscure comics references that you know won't be in the movies. The tweets, forums etc are now all about building back the hype there was for the Infinity Wars finale and never achieve it which leads to more disappointment.

So yeah, folks come in with very high expectations and the formula that worked yesterday doesn't work today, but the movies still make mucho dinero, so no wonder the decision makers are confused.
I agree with this mostly, shyt just kinda peaked and a lot of people are ready to move on. It will always have its die hards like me but they need a new wrinkle or formula to get the general population back.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only reason people getting burnt out is because just like everything, the source material is no longer the source and they freestyling based on analytics.
If they just told these stories as close to the OG stories as possible things would be fine, instead they gender swapping, making things unnecessarily to dark or comedic or just trying to be the on the pulse of what's hot instead of just telling these pre written stories that are proven to work.
They also are being super contrarian in the super heroes they choose to bring to the big screen or do shows about.

Ms marvel and Moon knight can have shows sure, there are way to many other heroes and villains that need shows before them... I don't know what happen with fiege. He seemed like he understood how things should go. I assume he got beat over the head about being inclusive and LGBTQ and all that stuff... well that's phase 4 and it's trash.

DC on the other hand is still trying to be to dark and gritty DC might just be a case of characters that are to much fantasy and current age mixed and it doesn't translate well. Especially with everyone being OP in their own right. It's hard to make DC characters relatable, so things always fall back to super dark traumatic pass events

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is bordering on disingenuous

There were bad movies in the previous phases and nikkas said as much. The difference is they still enjoyed most of the movies so those carried the weight of the bad movies. Now it's ALL bad movies

Yes people love Thor Ragnarok but Taika Waititi has no restraint and only revs up the jokes and humor if he's not supervised. Love and Thunder is awful compared to Ragnarok because it's literally overflowing with jokes, even at the most serious moments. It's not as binary as you're trying to make it

And again with the "But they make money tho" argument:snoop: y'all have gotten so used to parroting this point that you don't seem to realize that these movies are making LESS and LESS money because the interest is dying and the word of mouth is BAD.

Why? Because the product is BAD. Y'all have every reason in the sky why the MCU is falling off except "The product is awful now and nikkas are walking away":mjlol: