Super Bowl Fiasco aside, Wayne had one of the highest peaks ever for a rapper, why is his legend status questionable?

iliketurtles

Do Right And Kill Everything
Daps
Reppin
Free guwop
Humble
DNA
Alright
Rich Spirit
Maad City
Count Me Out
Collard Greens
King Kunta
Money Trees
Not Like Us

And he could easily swap one of these out with something like All of the Stars, Swimming Pools, or Like That and still go off

Breh has plenty of songs to choose from. I don't know why yall keep fronting on his catalog
Those songs are all trash

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
They couldn’t even do the hot Boyz reunion right at the Essence festival, I wouldn’t bank on them doing it at the Super Bowl.

Essence festival doesn't need rap music :hubie: . Strictly r&b

Birdman doing the hand rub on the 50 yard line is necessary :youngsabo:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I really wish SOHH threads were accessible still. Wayne’s rapping skill and status all time was always questioned and debated in real time during his peak in the hip hop space
This.

I saw that first hand too. Wayne was shytted on heavily on rap forums and super divisive with one side claiming he was the "best rapper alive" and saving hip hop and the other side saying he was WOAT and destroying rap.

And there were memes about him that were negative too, albeit a good portion of them were posted by racist Eminem stans.

Wayne getting screwed over by Baby and going on that hiatus before dropping C5 arguably saved his reputation. Prior to that situation, Wayne was experiencing tons of hate akin to Drake today. People were saying he was falling off, dropping trash, oversaturating himself, and he ticked people off with that "Emmitt Till" bar.

The Baby situation gave him more sympathy, C5 kept him relevant for a bit after the break, and his 2020's feature run reminded people that can still spit at a very high level.

But 2009-2013 era Wayne was one of the most polarizing rappers ever not named Drake.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have literally never purchased a Lil Wayne album or listened to any of his albums from start to finish.

He was always overrated.

I like some of his songs though (Hustler Muzik to name one).

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
Waynes time has passed, people really shocked/mad the hotter rapper got the spot? Plus Kendrick is a waaay better performer than Wayne. Waynes greater overall but he's regressed so much.

I wanted him to perform too when i first heard the SB was gonna be in NO but honestly most of his mainstream songs aren't his best and i don't think alot of them aged well.

But if he started the SB with :wow: from nostalgia alone :flabbynsick:

This is his best performance

Last edited:
Daps
Remember Jay has never done the SB and he is also deserving more so than Wayne. What about people like LL Cool J if we talking Rap and hitting heights?

Eminem solo?