Super Bowl Fiasco aside, Wayne had one of the highest peaks ever for a rapper, why is his legend status questionable?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Humble
DNA
Alright
Rich Spirit
Maad City
Count Me Out
Collard Greens
King Kunta
Money Trees
Not Like Us

And he could easily swap one of these out with something like All of the Stars, Swimming Pools, or Like That and still go off

Breh has plenty of songs to choose from. I don't know why yall keep fronting on his catalog

You were better off just naming the Drake disses than some of these:mjlol:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
No he didn't

He's overrated. His prime was during one of the worst era's in Hip Hop history, which is mid to late 00s. Someone had to be popular during that time and it was Wayne. Those were also days when social media was rising up fast and some of the well marketed artists saw the fame they never imagined that they would see. Regardless of how good they actually were.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
The only reason Wayne is even being mentioned is because of the location of the Super Bowl, shyt I'd like to see Juvenile rep for N.O. over Wayne

That said... He has no MFing draw like that anymore.

Let that weasel looking bytch host the next X Games or some shyt.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Y'all just hating and probably east Coast lovers ...but just don't know how much white people loves lil Wayne. That Carter 3 era is where he got all his fans

Wayne got 3 eras he can perform and plenty of guest features he could bring out.

He can start out with the hot boyz era and bring the hot boyz for the reunion on national TV and do back that azz up for the first set and then go into the Carter era his most popular point and then bring Drake and Nikki out too close the show
They couldn’t even do the hot Boyz reunion right at the Essence festival, I wouldn’t bank on them doing it at the Super Bowl.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Unpopular opinion, but I think a lot of his success had to do with him having the same machine that drake currently has the backing of (UMG).
And it was a really wack time in music. Jay retired. No one truly stepped up to the plate and it was a lot of garbage being released at that time. Plus he self marketed himself as the greatest rapper alive since the greatest rapper retired schtick. C1 was cool to me. C2 made me a fan along with the Dedication tapes. Other than that, his catalog is a bunch of gibberish and super unlistenable to me. But that’s just my opinion.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few things at play here.

1. You aint supposed to still be relevant 16 years later. The shyt we have seen with Drake and to a lesser degree Jay aint the standard, its outlier shyt. How much acknowledgement does Rakim or KRS get? shyt how much were they getting in the 90s?
2. He made music that was hot for its time but not timeless. Not a lot of substance. Some straight up destructive BS in some of it. At the time he was the coolest thing on earth. But the folks that thought that in HS and college are now grown and look at it differently. We see him for the false flagging lame junkie he was and I say this as a person that fukked with his music.
3. The stuff that made him who he is the mixtape stuff that the mainstream isnt familiar with.
4. This probably the biggest thing...he never pivoted. He didnt have Snoops personality, versatility, or foresight. He didnt have Jays ruthless business sense, narrative understanding and influence, or famous spouse.
The legacy conversations for that era are gonna be very interesting in the coming era. Cause if we’re being real, that YM era does not hold up compared to the other legendary crews in history