Supacell | Netflix Series | Discussion Thread (S1 out now)

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Moral of the story… don’t be a simp that lacks communication skills.

If breh woulda just told people WHY… they woulda formed like voltron way earlier :russ:

Also I knew crazy was a damn super and that dionne was gonna die anyway, she was just trying to die :dead: and these dudes been running out of gas a few times. Everytime they used there power a lot or in a big way they can’t use them again, then turn into kakashi sensei and sleep mad long :mjlol:

I really hope they get a better writer, shyt has potential

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I give it a 7.5/10, had some highs and lows but has the potential to be really good if they make some tweaks with the writing

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems kind of like a mix between Heroes & Empire - with all the cliches, mediocre writing and only passable acting.

Yet I'm still drawn to it. Because seeing black culture abroad is under explored with these type of shows. The slang, music, accents, etc are interesting.

Show has potential and I'll keep watching. I won't even ding it on the special effects - they're def on a budget.

The True HD

Billionaire
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Loudy | 🇯🇲
Nicca talmbout don't use your powers for personal gain like he ain't a weedplate peddler. Stfu & enjoy the ride, gump :mjlol:

And :dead: @da Tower boys standin' around celebrating after Taze gave one of da 'olders' sum Beats by Dre like they still wasn't surrounded by niccas wit guns

Yeah, that part threw me... real street nikkas ain't turnin they back to start cheerleading when they opps is still on the block, fukk was that about:gucci:

Just finished binging this, I fukked widdit overall but as stated had a few areas that coulda been developed

As a salesman it sucked seeing Michael have no persuasion skills.... he gets a no, it's alright go about your day... my nikka, it should've been a battle every time like he ain't taking no for an answer... wasn't till he got Rodney (n that only happened cause Spud got fukked up) that they ganged up n was wolfin at Andre's boy..... Speaking of which, breh sent his mans on a crash dummy mission for a safe with nothin in it :what: Mf didn't even know how mortal Andre was, just that he was strong, smh.... woulda really showed him the power of my strength if I woulda opened that safe n it had nothin but room in it :russ:

Tazer coulda fleeced the HSBC (bank) & had the crew set for life but ends up getting his mans paralyzed over a key, smh
Shar simple ass gettin her sister in the mix & on the radar cause of her love for bad boys, a bust down watch is all it took :myman: Just had to have my fine newly promoted Senior Director risking our relationship for yo fast ass, when she coulda been using her telekinesis to draw me to her....

Makes sense the cac bytch running the sickle treatment center his mom's at is the Mastermind, from when his mama seemed reluctant & taken back when they first met "Oh you know my name?" I felt somethin was up w her... :pacspit:

#SniperOutNowOnAllDigitalPlatforms, my nikka Castillo I see you gettin suspended from ropes n shyt:salute:

4/5, looking forward to season 2

Last edited:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Was amazing seeing the hood where I grew up on a show like this.

Solid show with a few issues. I have one episode left.

Falls foul of some of the clichés that are inherent in these kind of shows.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I enjoyed this. Watched the entire thing on my flight back to LA.

Highs:

- Production quality is phenomenal. I love seeing a story about Black folk that has this level of camera work and color grading.

- Shows a variety of Black people (Good- Michael, Sabrina. Neutral- Rodney, Andre. Bad- Taser, Krazy). It's not necessarily good vs evil, it's people trying to make it and live normal lives, and sometimes they gotta do bad shyt for a good reason, especially Andre and Rodney.

- Love that they turned a disease we suffer from into a positive. My mother has the trait (I don't, thankfully) and I got people in my family with sickle cell.

- I really like the hood British dialogue lmao

Lows:

- CGI is weak at times. I don't know what the budget is, but they could use a bit more money.

- This nikka Michael never finish telling people what they need to know, and this causes unnecessary drama. This is something I hate about Korean dramas, because you can tell it's done to pad out the runtime of an episode. Nikka should have BEEN told his girl what the deal was.

- I felt the last couple episodes were rushed. They spent way too much time getting everyone together, and the end felt like Rapman knew he was running out of time. Team should have been together since the 4th episode

Overall, I'd give it a 8.5/10. Writing needs to be tightened up, but I can't tell you how engrossed I was on the plane. I'd heard about this show and kept putting it off because I was in Japan, but I'm glad I watched this. Cannot wait for season 2-- we got another Black banger on our hands fam.

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-get the itis after you use your superpowers, brehs
-Good stuff. Hopefully they already started working on S2.

-She was just riding a pony, now her ass locked up
- bro gotta be the Professor X/Black Panther of this shyt.
-Dionne hardheaded man
-Black.Flash was on the ground burning for a longass time on some...
🔥 :deadrose:

Innit.

- Michael Gon be on bad timing next season boy

Last edited:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Don’t know what LADY …. Explain

You should check out the Genome Project

Here's a quick quote from another source though.

"The most recent, universally adopted evidence points to the unicentric model in which the sickle cell mutation occurred in a single individual in western Africa, most likely in the rainforest of present-day Cameroon.10 All 5 haplotype variations of the SCD gene are present in Cameroon and Egypt, which indicate a longer presence in these regions.10 By applying whole-genome sequencing, researchers traced the single mutation back 259 generations, an estimated 7300 years ago, prior to the eastward and southward African Bantu migration (expansion), which occurred around 5000 years ago.9"

We had the same Grandfather 259 generations ago and he is the paternal ancestor for roughly 5% of today's population.