Supacell | Netflix Series | Discussion Thread (S1 out now)

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
surprised this hasn’t been renewed yet

it was in the top 3 most watched tv shows for 3 weeks and still hasn’t left the top 10 a month after release

wtf is Netflix waiting for
Almost sure it has. It's clearly from the same production team or casting crew of Top Boy. They ate starting to do the media rounds and the creator is already talking season 2. Might just be negotiating at the moment.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moral of the story… don’t be a simp that lacks communication skills.

If breh woulda just told people WHY… they woulda formed like voltron way earlier :russ:

I really hope they get a better writer, shyt has potential
Exactly.
I've finally watched more of the show and the writing is just bad in many aspects.

I'm convinced people (including me) like the show because of the Black British vibes that we're not used to seeing. If the same story was placed in a cliche American location with the typical white characters we always see, nobody would be feeling it.

I'll support it because those cliche white stories had time to grow and get better writing. But the fans gotta be vocal for them to step it up. We don't settle for Black stories where 99% of the Black men are criminals and the one non-criminal is also a non-communicating fool.

Last edited:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just found out the breh that plays Michael was born in Florida and grew up in New York then moved to London :dwillhuh:

you see how when you're watching a US show and you're shocked to find out a breh is a UK breh? it's the same feeling but in reverse here. Watching a UK show and finding out a UK breh is actually a US breh :ehh:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
GotDAMN sabrina is fukkin fine :noah:

Now that thats out the way, loved this season. Completely cosign the "interruptions" everytime Michael was about to spill the beans.

But all the main actors did a fire job even if the writing itself was so-so at times. Dude that played Michael did a great job as the protaganist throughout. Made me actually care about him trying to save his woman. When Dionne got her dumb ass shot, I felt that mans pain.

Looking forward to S2.

And one more :noah: for my baby Sabrina before I dip

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Watched the first two episodes..felt like an upgraded CW show so I dropped it

Picked it back up today and Overall it was a very good show

that finale

roseclaps.gif

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
My predictions Tiny AJ and Shar all get powers

They mentioned That Tazer donated blood so his blood was somehow used in a situation where Tiny needed blood after getting shot

Also I see Michael going down a dark path Future and end of Season Michael always wears his hoodie going into the darkness also I see Tazer becoming more of a traditional protagonist as Tazed learned the truth he removed his hoodie while Dionne was dying he was stepping away from darkness

They’ll bump heads going forward

Also Krazy is definitely still alive he’ll probably break Shar out and they’ll be on some Bonnie and Cylde shyt and Michael will end up killing her

Just speculation though :jbhmm:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
On episode 2. In America, bro is the purple jacket would.be a stud.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Black Lightening wasn't a great show because of CW and their budget, but this is the best show like that since Black Lightening. And the villian was dope. And what he did... man. I had to remind it. I was caught off guard. It's a bunch heroes but to be honest this is basically the Black version of the Flash. .

It still bard for me to get past those high pitch UK voices though.